BREAKING NEWS: Chip Roy Slams Continuing Resolution To Fund Government Favored By Speaker Johnson

Update sorta:

Passing legislation with Dem votes got McCarthy ousted. Gaetz moving to vacate again?
Kinda doubt it, but anything is possible. If he does look for a bipartisan effort to find a speaker from the Dems that is acceptable to the beltway.

Kinda doubt it, but anything is possible. If he does look for a bipartisan effort to find a speaker from the Dems that is acceptable to the beltway.

Johnson will not get any democrat support, simply because he's a Republican. Even if he does lean left, they won't go for anything.

Now one cares about the senate. It's not the house's job to appease the democrats in the majority or Biden. Pass a bill that funds the necessities, and send it to the senate. If they reject it, then it's on the democrats in the Senate.

What are they gonna cry about? That they didn't get extra money for a gay parade in Progue? There wasn't extra money to fund gender studies in Pakistan. Boo friggin hoo.

I love that I'm never wrong.

You pass a bill that the Senate Majority Leader puts in a drawer and is never seen again.
What do you think has been accomplished?

That isn't even needed...The "trust fund" is just a money laundry for federal bureaucrats to line their pockets, and return pennies on the dollar of what they collected to the states.
Your point is valid. I understand that the Federal government screws up everything it touches and is very corrupt and inefficient spending that highway construction money. For instance, requiring David-Bacon rules for Federal construction contracts is very inefficient in addition to all the corruption you mentioned.

However, I was just generically commenting that that their ain't no such thing as a free lunch and if we want roads we are going to have to pay for them.

Oh yeah he will....you watch.

They haven't done that in a while. Why would they start now, unless Johnson completely caves. Which is possible.
I just hope you're wrong.

Remember it was the democrats who gave up being the border security party, just because the GOP took up the issue. They couldn't just be on the same side as Republicans.

That isn't even needed...The "trust fund" is just a money laundry for federal bureaucrats to line their pockets, and return pennies on the dollar of what they collected to the states.

Roads and bridges are supposed to be a state, county and city issue. So you are correct.

Horseshit.

I’ll say it again. The GOP House could (and should) pass an actual fucking budget bill. It should gut federal spending in a big way.

Then, send it to the Senate. The Senate would not pass it. Why not? Because the Senate is a majority of Dims.

They would have no compunction about “shutting down” the government. (That phrase is nonsense, anyway, of course.)
I have no problem with controlling and somewhat reducing spending, even though tax money is up due to the expanding economy and highest gross domestic product in history. Still, gutting federal spending (as you suggest) is not a good idea, due to the effect on the economy and markets. If they try to gut it, it will be seen as an obvious political stunt and they will get the blame for any shut down and any lasting damage to the economy. That sounds like political suicide for trump Republican candidates on economic grounds not just the fact, elected Republicans in general want to ram abortion bans down the public's throat and gut women's healthcare. Basically controlling women on the premise they dont like women being in the decision process. They do temporarily have control in many states where they have been able to keep the public from being able to vote it up or down.

Dow was up 400 points today on lower inflation and Consumer price index being flat. I wonder how the markets would react to a sudden republican "gut spending" food fight. It's your party. Have fun and do what you think best for you. I'll watch the show, eat popcorn and laugh.

Your point is valid. I understand that the Federal government screws up everything it touches and is very corrupt and inefficient spending that highway construction money. For instance, requiring David-Bacon rules for Federal construction contracts is very inefficient in addition to all the corruption you mentioned.

However, I was just generically commenting that that their ain't no such thing as a free lunch and if we want roads we are going to have to pay for them.
Our roads are getting fixed now. Lots of overtime pay
Some of those guys are at $95per hour. That's awesome!! I support that.

I have no problem with controlling and somewhat reducing spending, even though tax money is up due to the expanding economy and highest gross domestic product in history. Still, gutting federal spending (as you suggest) is not a good idea, due to the effect on the economy and markets. If they try to gut it, it will be seen as an obvious political stunt and they will get the blame for any shut down and any lasting damage to the economy. That sounds like political suicide for trump Republican candidates on economic grounds not just the fact, elected Republicans in general want to ram abortion bans down the public's throat and gut women's healthcare. Basically controlling women on the premise they dont like women being in the decision process. They do temporarily have control in many states where they have been able to keep the public from being able to vote it up or down.

Dow was up 400 points today on lower inflation and Consumer price index being flat. I wonder how the markets would react to a sudden republican "gut spending" food fight. It's your party. Have fun and do what you think best for you. I'll watch the show, eat popcorn and laugh.
Well. First off, last I checked, I have never been a member of Congress.

Secondly, a good day in the market based (evidently) on some mediocre economic news doesn’t mean a lot.

Thirdly, what doesn’t causes you a “problem” about federal spending isn’t the point. Our Economy is getting fucked by the imbecility of our massive spending and our addiction to mindlessly and recklessly spending. Of course we then need to tax everything that moves.

Our roads are getting fixed now. Lots of overtime pay
Some of those guys are at $95per hour. That's awesome!! I support that.
Our I-40 through town has been greatly expanded with more lanes all the way through the city, new bridges, new lighting and yes record time. We love it.

Forum List

Back