Breaking News Benghazi

Because I listen to the commander on the ground Gen. Ham, along with Gen. Dempsey, and Sec Panetta over FUAX News?

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

seenothin.jpg

That's a bunch of BS.....
We have...

..we have a commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, and he along with Gen. Dempsey and Sec Panetta felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.

seenothin.jpg

Show me those quotes from Gen. Ham and Gen. Dempsey. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to take Panetta's word for their opinions.

We have...

..we have a commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, and he along with Gen. Dempsey and Sec Panetta felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.

seenothin.jpg

Show me those quotes from Gen. Ham and Gen. Dempsey. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to take Panetta's word for their opinions.

then you're a :cuckoo:

Panetta started in politics in 1966 as a legislative assistant to Republican Senator Thomas Kuchel, the United States Senate Minority Whip from California, whom Panetta has called "a tremendous role model".[10]

In 1969 he became the assistant to Robert H. Finch, Secretary of the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare under the Nixon administration. Soon thereafter he was appointed Director of the Office for Civil Rights.[11]

Panetta chose to enforce civil rights and equal education laws.[citation needed] Secretary Robert Finch and Assistant Secretary John Veneman refused to fire Panetta, threatening to resign if forced to do so.[citation needed] A few weeks later in 1970, Panetta resigned and left Washington to work as Executive Assistant for John Lindsay, the Republican Mayor of New York City. He wrote about this experience in his 1971 book Bring Us Together."

He moved back to Monterey to practice law at Panetta, Thompson & Panetta from 1971 through to 1976. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Panetta#Political_career

Last edited:
Gen. Ham contradicts Panetta on Benghazi
This comes from an interview with Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz who sits on two Homeland Security subcommittees relaying the responses from General Carter Ham heading up the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) who had direct responsibility for the situation.

General Ham told Chaffetz that the forces were available, but that no order to use them was given. Defense Secretary Panetta had claimed that the refusal to use force had come from him, General Dempsey and General Ham.

General Ham appears to have broken with that story and is taking no responsibility for the decision not to bail out the consulate and the Navy SEALS.

Gen. Ham contradicts Panetta on Benghazi | Times 247

seenothin.jpg

Perhaps, but I'm at least I'm not so gullible as to believe the obvious lies coming from this administration.

Can the moderators combine all of the Ben-Gotcha threads into this one collective cesspoll of GOP angst?

What the hell is wrong with you? :eusa_sick: How can ANYBODY, no matter how far they've got their heads up Barack Obama's backside not be offended at the senseless deaths of these four Americans? They didn't have to die! They shouldn't have died.

At every step of the way, this administration REFUSED to do the right thing. There was all kinds of warning that the situation on the ground had deteriorated, but instead of putting more security in, they took some away. It was the anniversary of 9/11, but instead of having our forces at alert status, they weren't at the ready. When the attack commenced, they sent no help. And when it was over, they deflected to the ridiculous video meme.

It's been over SEVEN WEEKS. There's no excuse for the way they've continued to stonewall on what really happened in Benghazi. Clearly, they're kicking the can down the road in order to try and fool as many voters as they can ahead of this election. And frankly, American voters DESERVE full disclosure as it pertains to Barack Obama's competence. He fucked this thing up at every step of the way, and not only did four Americans pay with their lives, we've yet to see the effects on the region after having allowed a SUCCESSFUL 9/11 attack. This has emboldened our enemies and will quite likely serve to further destabilize Libya.

Nobody cares.

Let me ask you this...if there were protests outside of an embassy here, would China or Russia have your blessing to send in their troops and/or warplanes?

thus exactly why we should have had adequate security there or pull them out if there isn't. One or the other.
And what a sad commentary to state nobody cares, in which that statement obviously includes you don't.

seenothin.jpg

Panetta started in politics in 1966 as a legislative assistant to Republican Senator Thomas Kuchel, the United States Senate Minority Whip from California, whom Panetta has called "a tremendous role model".[10]

In 1969 he became the assistant to Robert H. Finch, Secretary of the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare under the Nixon administration. Soon thereafter he was appointed Director of the Office for Civil Rights.[11]

Panetta chose to enforce civil rights and equal education laws.[citation needed] Secretary Robert Finch and Assistant Secretary John Veneman refused to fire Panetta, threatening to resign if forced to do so.[citation needed] A few weeks later in 1970, Panetta resigned and left Washington to work as Executive Assistant for John Lindsay, the Republican Mayor of New York City. He wrote about this experience in his 1971 book Bring Us Together."

He moved back to Monterey to practice law at Panetta, Thompson & Panetta from 1971 through to 1976. Leon Panetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:cool:

seenothin.jpg

Because I listen to the commander on the ground Gen. Ham, along with Gen. Dempsey, and Sec Panetta over FUAX News?

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

seenothin.jpg

We have...

seenothin.jpg

Not even mildly believable. We had trained personnel on the ground, uninterrupted communications, drones in the air... and MONTHS to know that conditions had deteriorated in order to place our military assets. There's no excuse for what happened in Benghazi. None. :mad:

He moved back to Monterey to practice law at Panetta, Thompson & Panetta from 1971 through to 1976. Leon Panetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:cool:

seenothin.jpg

So? You think Panetta is above covering his own ass? Shall we look up Richard Nixon's Wiki up until WaterGate? How about Rod Blagojevich? Are you trying to tell me that you don't think a professional politician with his ass on the line would lie? That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. Dante has become a believer. :)

What the hell is wrong with you? :eusa_sick: How can ANYBODY, no matter how far they've got their heads up Barack Obama's backside not be offended at the senseless deaths of these four Americans? They didn't have to die! They shouldn't have died.

At every step of the way, this administration REFUSED to do the right thing. There was all kinds of warning that the situation on the ground had deteriorated, but instead of putting more security in, they took some away. It was the anniversary of 9/11, but instead of having our forces at alert status, they weren't at the ready. When the attack commenced, they sent no help. And when it was over, they deflected to the ridiculous video meme.

It's been over SEVEN WEEKS. There's no excuse for the way they've continued to stonewall on what really happened in Benghazi. Clearly, they're kicking the can down the road in order to try and fool as many voters as they can ahead of this election. And frankly, American voters DESERVE full disclosure as it pertains to Barack Obama's competence. He fucked this thing up at every step of the way, and not only did four Americans pay with their lives, we've yet to see the effects on the region after having allowed a SUCCESSFUL 9/11 attack. This has emboldened our enemies and will quite likely serve to further destabilize Libya.

Nobody cares.

Let me ask you this...if there were protests outside of an embassy here, would China or Russia have your blessing to send in their troops and/or warplanes?

No....many people care! Open your ears!

And, IF any Americans did what those terrorists in Libya did, then yes, i would understand if Russia or China sent their people here! And don't think for a second they wouldn't. But we are nothing like Libya, we aren't terrorists. So it's not going to happen...

We have one of the highest gun-per-person ratings (I can't think of the exact term right now :lol:) of any industrialized country. It definitely can happen here.

I'm shocked to think that you would invite an armed invasion from Russia or China.

Why do you hate America?

Last edited:
This comes from an interview with Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz who sits on two Homeland Security subcommittees relaying the responses from General Carter Ham heading up the United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) who had direct responsibility for the situation.

General Ham told Chaffetz that the forces were available, but that no order to use them was given. Defense Secretary Panetta had claimed that the refusal to use force had come from him, General Dempsey and General Ham.

General Ham appears to have broken with that story and is taking no responsibility for the decision not to bail out the consulate and the Navy SEALS.

Maybe that's why he's been relieved.

Nobody cares.

And, IF any Americans did what those terrorists in Libya did, then yes, i would understand if Russia or China sent their people here! And don't think for a second they wouldn't. But we are nothing like Libya, we aren't terrorists. So it's not going to happen...

We have one of the highest gun-per-person ratings (I can't think of the exact term right now :lol:) of any industrialized country. It definitely can happen here.

I'm happy to think that you would invite an armed invasion from Russia or China.

Why do you hate America?

Come on Candy.. tell us about invading Pakistan's sovereignty.

No. YOU don't care. And the United States of America has not just recently seen a civil war and is not in a state of unrest. We're fully capable of responding to any threat posed to a foreign embassy. You're comparing apples to dump trucks. :rolleyes:

We should've pulled those people out of there after the British ambassador was nearly assassinated. The idiots in Washington keep telling us that this is dangerous work.. and to some extent that's true. But when the host country CANNOT protect your diplomats, you pull them out. It's about acceptable risks. And what we saw prior to the Benghazi attack was not in any way, shape, or form "acceptable".

Ahh and how would you feel if you were Russia or China about our sending the US military into their embassies or consulates?

Your cartoonish take on the world is great for a 2nd grader which is about the level of education you're exhibiting.

Oh please.. where was your concern for sovereign borders when it came to Pakistan? You don't give a rat's hairy ass about another country's sovereignty. Your concern is that Obama doesn't look the incompetent narcissist we know that he is. Your lack of concern those that Obama and Hillary sent to their deaths in an unstable Libya is duly noted.

Your margin for error is zero where Obama is concerned; that much is obvious.

Pakistan is much different and, hopefully, you don't need to have that explained to you.

Nobody was sent to their death--shut the fuck up.

seenothin.jpg

So.... basically what you're telling us is that Obama put a LAWYER in charge of our national defense. :wtf:

Seeing as how it will probably be about a year or so before all the facts are compiled and published, I'd say you are going to have a long wait.

Breaking bulletins with doomsday music and adrenaline-powered pronouncements about the latest third person opinion is just more BULLSHIT on the misdirection pile.

Have fun with that, as long as you don't mind sacrificing any integrity you may have.

Obama faces more pressure over Libya response after it is revealed the consulate attack was 'opportunistic'​

•U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens repeatedly pleaded with the State Department for additional security personnel

•Republicans say the Obama administration denied the request for political reasons

It is the latest development on the deadly attack on September 11 after it was revealed that American drones were in the skies above the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Defense department officials considered sending troops in to rescue the ambassador and staff, according to CBS News, but ultimately decided not to. They would haven been able to watch the attack on-screen as it unfolded.

It also emerged last week that U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens repeatedly pleaded with the State Department to ramp up his security team in Libya - requests that the Pentagon ultimately denied.

Read more:
Christopher Stevens: Ambassador pleaded for extra security in Libya hours before he was killed | Mail Online

Nobody cares.

I'm happy to think that you would invite an armed invasion from Russia or China.

Why do you hate America?

Did i say i would invite them?? You really love twisting words around asshat....I said IF americans did what the terrorist did in Libya I would understand IF those countries sent people here to help their people. That didn't mean i would like to see that happen! But i also know it won't, because the majority of Americans are not like the terrorists and wouldn't do something like this anyway! Sure it COULD happen, but it won't.

Ahh and how would you feel if you were Russia or China about our sending the US military into their embassies or consulates?

Your cartoonish take on the world is great for a 2nd grader which is about the level of education you're exhibiting.

Oh please.. where was your concern for sovereign borders when it came to Pakistan? You don't give a rat's hairy ass about another country's sovereignty. Your concern is that Obama doesn't look the incompetent narcissist we know that he is. Your lack of concern those that Obama and Hillary sent to their deaths in an unstable Libya is duly noted.

Your margin for error is zero where Obama is concerned; that much is obvious.

Pakistan is much different and, hopefully, you don't need to have that explained to you.

Nobody was sent to their death--shut the fuck up.

oh.. Pakistan is DIFFERENT. What bullshit. The only thing different is that invading Pakistan's borders was to make Obama look good. Events in Libya simply pointed out that he had helped destabilize the nation, spent American treasure there without Congressional approval, and it was unraveling 2 months before the election.

General Ham was relieved of his duties. So was Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette when he criticized the regime.

Forum List

Back