Breaking News Benghazi

Nobody cares.

Let me ask you this...if there were protests outside of an embassy here, would China or Russia have your blessing to send in their troops and/or warplanes?

No. YOU don't care. And the United States of America has not just recently seen a civil war and is not in a state of unrest. We're fully capable of responding to any threat posed to a foreign embassy. You're comparing apples to dump trucks. :rolleyes:

We should've pulled those people out of there after the British ambassador was nearly assassinated. The idiots in Washington keep telling us that this is dangerous work.. and to some extent that's true. But when the host country CANNOT protect your diplomats, you pull them out. It's about acceptable risks. And what we saw prior to the Benghazi attack was not in any way, shape, or form "acceptable".

Ahh and how would you feel if you were Russia or China about our sending the US military into their embassies or consulates?

Your cartoonish take on the world is great for a 2nd grader which is about the level of education you're exhibiting.

Oh please.. where was your concern for sovereign borders when it came to Pakistan? You don't give a rat's hairy ass about another country's sovereignty. Your concern is that Obama doesn't look the incompetent narcissist we know that he is. Your lack of concern those that Obama and Hillary sent to their deaths in an unstable Libya is duly noted.

This thread dedicated to information on the Benghazi attack and the U.S. response as news becomes available.

( Thanks )

Ben Ghazzi is NOT a huge election issue.

It will be old news in a little while, just as FAUX and Furious is.

Why?

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

You and I can disagree on whether this is a huge campaign issue...

Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly

seenothin.jpg

Sticky or not sticky, this thread will serve as a posting place for two types of people:

Those who believe our President should actually strive to protect our people...and not LIE about what they know about things that could be interpreted at mistakes on the President's part.

Those that would kiss Obama's ass no matter what he did or lied about.

It is that simple.

Obama should be immediately impeached and kicked out of the White House!

whatever...

seenothin.jpg

It wasn't a breakdown as much as a white house stonewall.

I understand that the military had a FEST team ready to go but obama never gave the order. I just saw Oliver North on Fox asking the question I've been asking for weeks. Who ordered Ambassador Stevens to Benghazi on September 11th KNOWING a terrorist attack was going to take place?

Ambassador Stevens should have quit right then and there. He should have quit and told Hillary to shove the ambassadorship up her ass.

I understand that the military had a FEST team ready to go but obama never gave the order. I just saw Oliver North on Fox asking the question I've been asking for weeks. Who ordered Ambassador Stevens to Benghazi on September 11th KNOWING a terrorist attack was going to take place?

Ambassador Stevens should have quit right then and there. He should have quit and told Hillary to shove the ambassadorship up her ass.

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

seenothin.jpg

Nonsense.. They simply couldn't figure out what to do. They froze.
Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack.

CBS News has agreed not to quote directly from the emails, and to protect the identities of the sources who hold sensitive counterterrorism posts within the State Department, the U.S. military and the Justice Department.

As to why the Counterterrorism Security Group was not convened, National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor told CBS News "From the moment the President was briefed on the Benghazi attack, the response effort was handled by the most senior national security officials in governments. Members of the CSG were of course involved in these meetings and discussions to support their bosses."

Absent coordination from Counterterrorism Security Group, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official says the response to the crisis became more confused. The official says the FBI received a call during the attack representing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and requesting agents be deployed. But he and his colleagues agreed the agents "would not make any difference without security and other enablers to get them in the country and synch their efforts with military and diplomatic efforts to maximize their success."

Another senior counter terrorism official says a hostage rescue team was alternately asked to get ready and then stand down throughout the night, as officials seemed unable to make up their minds.
A third potential responder from a counter-terror force stationed in Europe says components of AFICOM -- the military's Africa Command based in Stuttgart, Germany -- were working on course of action during the assault. But no plan was put to use.

"Forces were positioned after the fact but not much good to those that needed it," the military source told CBS News.

"The response process was isolated at the most senior level," says an official referring to top officials in the executive branch. "My fellow counterterrorism professionals and I (were) not consulted."

Sources: Key task force not convened during Benghazi consulate attack - CBS News

Host countries outside of the ME actually will defend an embassy.

BTW if you think Russia or China would stand around with fingers up asses and watch a US embassy attacked then your a bigger idiot then you appear to be.

How convenient....liberals in the Govt have now found a timeline to pass out before the election....uh bullshit.

Nonsense.. They simply couldn't figure out...

Stop hating the American Military!!!

:mad:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...te-sector-abandons-staten-island-victims.html

Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack.

CBS News has agreed not to quote directly from the emails, and to protect the identities of the sources who hold sensitive counterterrorism posts within the State Department, the U.S. military and the Justice Department.

As to why the Counterterrorism Security Group was not convened, National Security Council Spokesman Tommy Vietor told CBS News "From the moment the President was briefed on the Benghazi attack, the response effort was handled by the most senior national security officials in governments. Members of the CSG were of course involved in these meetings and discussions to support their bosses."

Absent coordination from Counterterrorism Security Group, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official says the response to the crisis became more confused. The official says the FBI received a call during the attack representing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and requesting agents be deployed. But he and his colleagues agreed the agents "would not make any difference without security and other enablers to get them in the country and synch their efforts with military and diplomatic efforts to maximize their success."

Another senior counter terrorism official says a hostage rescue team was alternately asked to get ready and then stand down throughout the night, as officials seemed unable to make up their minds.
A third potential responder from a counter-terror force stationed in Europe says components of AFICOM -- the military's Africa Command based in Stuttgart, Germany -- were working on course of action during the assault. But no plan was put to use.

"Forces were positioned after the fact but not much good to those that needed it," the military source told CBS News.

"The response process was isolated at the most senior level," says an official referring to top officials in the executive branch. "My fellow counterterrorism professionals and I (were) not consulted."

Sources: Key task force not convened during Benghazi consulate attack - CBS News

Panetta's ridiculous excuse doesn't hold water anyway. They had uninterrupted communications with well-trained, on-the-ground personnel and drones overhead. That's about as good as it gets and more than our forebears could've DREAMED of.

They had PLENTY of notice that Libya was deteriorating. And nothing was done about it.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...te-sector-abandons-staten-island-victims.html

Dante, do you really want to go on record as supporting the Obama administration's handling of the Benghazi attack? Why?

Dante, do you really want to go on record as supporting the Obama administration's handling of the Benghazi attack? Why?

Because I listen to the commander on the ground Gen. Ham, along with Gen. Dempsey, and Sec Panetta over FUAX News?

seenothin.jpg

Can the moderators combine all of the Ben-Gotcha threads into this one collective cesspoll of GOP angst?

What the hell is wrong with you? :eusa_sick: How can ANYBODY, no matter how far they've got their heads up Barack Obama's backside not be offended at the senseless deaths of these four Americans? They didn't have to die! They shouldn't have died.

At every step of the way, this administration REFUSED to do the right thing. There was all kinds of warning that the situation on the ground had deteriorated, but instead of putting more security in, they took some away. It was the anniversary of 9/11, but instead of having our forces at alert status, they weren't at the ready. When the attack commenced, they sent no help. And when it was over, they deflected to the ridiculous video meme.

It's been over SEVEN WEEKS. There's no excuse for the way they've continued to stonewall on what really happened in Benghazi. Clearly, they're kicking the can down the road in order to try and fool as many voters as they can ahead of this election. And frankly, American voters DESERVE full disclosure as it pertains to Barack Obama's competence. He fucked this thing up at every step of the way, and not only did four Americans pay with their lives, we've yet to see the effects on the region after having allowed a SUCCESSFUL 9/11 attack. This has emboldened our enemies and will quite likely serve to further destabilize Libya.

Nobody cares.

Let me ask you this...if there were protests outside of an embassy here, would China or Russia have your blessing to send in their troops and/or warplanes?

No....many people care! Open your ears!

And, IF any Americans did what those terrorists in Libya did, then yes, i would understand if Russia or China sent their people here! And don't think for a second they wouldn't. But we are nothing like Libya, we aren't terrorists. So it's not going to happen...

Because I listen to the commander on the ground Gen. Ham, along with Gen. Dempsey, and Sec Panetta over FUAX News?

seenothin.jpg

That's a bunch of BS.....
We have special forces all over that area! They're trained for these situations....
They couldn't put the forces at risk...what crap!

seenothin.jpg

You didn't listen to Gen Ham or General Dempsey. You listened to Leon Pannetta's words, who has reason to cover his ass. You're an ass but you're not stupid. You know that excuse is lame. We had people on the phone and drones overhead recording the action or lack there of for posterity. We left the only team sent sitting at the airport for 3 1/2 hours waiting for transportation and permission to act from Libya. You know this is wrong.

seenothin.jpg

That's a bunch of BS.....
We have...

..we have a commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, and he along with Gen. Dempsey and Sec Panetta felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.

seenothin.jpg

Can the moderators combine all of the Ben-Gotcha threads into this one collective cesspoll of GOP angst?

What the hell is wrong with you? :eusa_sick: How can ANYBODY, no matter how far they've got their heads up Barack Obama's backside not be offended at the senseless deaths of these four Americans? They didn't have to die! They shouldn't have died.

At every step of the way, this administration REFUSED to do the right thing. There was all kinds of warning that the situation on the ground had deteriorated, but instead of putting more security in, they took some away. It was the anniversary of 9/11, but instead of having our forces at alert status, they weren't at the ready. When the attack commenced, they sent no help. And when it was over, they deflected to the ridiculous video meme.

It's been over SEVEN WEEKS. There's no excuse for the way they've continued to stonewall on what really happened in Benghazi. Clearly, they're kicking the can down the road in order to try and fool as many voters as they can ahead of this election. And frankly, American voters DESERVE full disclosure as it pertains to Barack Obama's competence. He fucked this thing up at every step of the way, and not only did four Americans pay with their lives, we've yet to see the effects on the region after having allowed a SUCCESSFUL 9/11 attack. This has emboldened our enemies and will quite likely serve to further destabilize Libya.

Nobody cares.

No sweety, shills for Obama don't care. Those who care about this country and the poor people who needlessly died protecting it...we care.

It's called lack of leadership.

seenothin.jpg

You didn't listen to Gen Ham or General Dempsey. You listened to Leon Pannetta's words...

yes.

the buck stops there

seenothin.jpg

Forum List

Back