BREAKING NEWS: Arlen Specter switching parties to give Democrats 60 votes in Senate

Specter was ok with being a Republican, he said it in his statement. I'm sure he was getting a lot of pressure from his fellow Rs to toe the line. He's been there a long time, why get his marching orders from them?

I've always thought that Joe Lieberman would jump to the Republican side sooner or later.

The Republicans might lose the other moderates if they aren't careful.

He's a liar just like you are and just like you he won't admit it.

ANOTHER REASON WHY WE NEED TERM LIMITS!

spoken like a true sore loser is afraid people actually get to vote for whom they want to.

i sure as heck don't want anyone telling ME I can't vote for someone who represents my interests as i see them.

What's sad is that all you see are 'winners' and 'losers', 'democrats' or 'republicans', you just don't get it, and unfortunately you probably never will.

ANOTHER REASON WHY WE NEED TERM LIMITS!

spoken like a true sore loser is afraid people actually get to vote for whom they want to.

i sure as heck don't want anyone telling ME I can't vote for someone who represents my interests as i see them.

What about those of 'us' on the 'losing side' who have been for term limits for a very long time?

Specter was ok with being a Republican, he said it in his statement. I'm sure he was getting a lot of pressure from his fellow Rs to toe the line. He's been there a long time, why get his marching orders from them?

I've always thought that Joe Lieberman would jump to the Republican side sooner or later.

You having a meltdown?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sq-HYGfnIo[/ame]

Spector was a 'moderate'? Okay. :lol:

Vel-l-l-l-y Interesting.
He'd defeat Toomey, his very far right assumed to win the Republican primary opponent
in a general election. Handily. Specter has a lot of respect and support in PA.
Be curious to see (if thsi happens) if Obama Reid can convince all PA Dmes to not run in a primary against Specter.
Or - IF he does switch, this year to being a (D) what his role would be in the US Senate.
He has a ton od seniority, and could finangkle a deal.

The GOP has cast off, chased away with a stick wayyyyyyy too many electable moderates from their party, and they have reduced the GOP 's strength in the process.
It is pretty much now just a small hard rightwing minority in Congress.
And getting smaller.

Specter was going to lose big to Toomey in the primaries.....that is why he switched.....of course, he is merely returning to his liberal roots, so good riddance as far as I am concerned.....

You having a meltdown?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sq-HYGfnIo[/ame]

And, you are still a liar.. you been spying on bobo in his office? he's gonna be pissed. llok at all those pansy assed people shrieking in terror,, now you know dems democwats..

Last edited:
You gotta love what he said:

"I deeply regret that I will be disappointing many friends and supporters," Specter said at a news conference on Tuesday.

He doesn't regret anything! He knows he'll lose to Pat Toomey and wants to continue to be a politician.

i like how everyone assumes that all the dems will vote in lockstep and that will all win re-election in 10.....

hasn't specter been voting with them anyway....

If the economy has significantly improved, I think they will. If not, expect the Republicans to make major gains.

"On this state of the record, I am unwilling to have my twenty-nine year Senate record judged by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate."

LOLOL What a freakin' coward. He didn't seem to mind when the Pennsylvania Republican primary elctorate gave him his seat in the first place. The man has no real convictions as he said just a few weeks ago that he wouldn't switch parties. This man's only concern is for his personal career. LOLOL Dems are welcome to him.

It's not surprising. The Republican party has made it very clear that it will tolerate no dissent from the party line.

Spector was a 'moderate'? Okay. :lol:

I thought they were talking about Chuck Hagel. :cuckoo::eusa_shhh:

I think you got a point -others will follow! did you read his words about circumventing the constitution?
that didn't set well with either side of the fence1

"On this state of the record, I am unwilling to have my twenty-nine year Senate record judged by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate."

LOLOL What a freakin' coward. He didn't seem to mind when the Pennsylvania Republican primary elctorate gave him his seat in the first place. The man has no real convictions as he said just a few weeks ago that he wouldn't switch parties. This man's only concern is for his personal career. LOLOL Dems are welcome to him.

It's not surprising. The Republican party has made it very clear that it will tolerate no dissent from the party line.

Really? Where have they 'made it clear' exactly?

Hey, young people, this is the way it works. Spector has no intention of changing parties, so smack your hard-on down now. He's doing this to try to gain some influence within the GOP.

Really? Where have they 'made it clear' exactly?

Fair enough, I'll retract that statement, because it's not accurate about the Republican party. I'm not sure what the RNC has done. It's more accurate to say that the conservative media has made that clear. Rush and Sean and Mark and Michael and the boys have made that clear.

Hey, young people, this is the way it works. Spector has no intention of changing parties, so smack your hard-on down now. He's doing this to try to gain some influence within the GOP.

So, this is another GOP lie?

Yeah........right.........

Spector has bailed, and he's only the first rat to leave the sinking ship of the Repugnican party.

I predicted a few months back (when Limbidiot was beating his gums), that eventually, because of the whack jobs that are currently speaking out for the GOP, they would end up going the way of the Whigs and the Washingtonians.

Nice to see that I've still got prophet skills.

And........that's just one of a few predictions that I've made that came true.......

Ask Infinite Puberty about the Dow closing above 8,000 in 2 weeks. I predicted that one also, and got it down to the day.

Betcha that in the next month, there are going to be at least 2 others to leave the GOP publicly.

Anyone wanna bet for rep?

So old, yet so clueless.

Forum List

Back