BREAKING NEWS: Arlen Specter switching parties to give Democrats 60 votes in Senate

It's not surprising. The Republican party has made it very clear that it will tolerate no dissent from the party line.

Really? Where have they 'made it clear' exactly?

Fair enough, I'll retract that statement, because it's not accurate about the Republican party. I'm not sure what the RNC has done. It's more accurate to say that the conservative media has made that clear. Rush and Sean and Mark and Michael and the boys have made that clear.

Listen to them often, do you? :lol:

Hey, young people, this is the way it works. Spector has no intention of changing parties, so smack your hard-on down now. He's doing this to try to gain some influence within the GOP.

He's switching alright. Once it gets out there, the deal is about done.

Specter and a couple of others belong with the Democrats, we can get some important things accomplished. Even if they don't switch parties, they should work with Dems over the next few years to get America moving forward again.

Hey, young people, this is the way it works. Spector has no intention of changing parties, so smack your hard-on down now. He's doing this to try to gain some influence within the GOP.

He's switching alright. Once it gets out there, the deal is about done.

Specter and a couple of others belong with the Democrats, we can get some important things accomplished. Even if they don't switch parties, they should work with Dems over the next few years to get America moving forward again.

Spector isn't going anywhere. Youthful exuberance is fine, but don't go overboard with it. Spector has nothing to gain by switching Parties.

You gotta love what he said:

"I deeply regret that I will be disappointing many friends and supporters," Specter said at a news conference on Tuesday.

He doesn't regret anything! He knows he'll lose to Pat Toomey and wants to continue to be a politician.
He disapoints me more staying in politics.

Really? Where have they 'made it clear' exactly?

Fair enough, I'll retract that statement, because it's not accurate about the Republican party. I'm not sure what the RNC has done. It's more accurate to say that the conservative media has made that clear. Rush and Sean and Mark and Michael and the boys have made that clear.

I actually do, when I'm driving.

Careful what you wish for ....

The Dems aren't going to have any excuses in 2010 and 2012 now.

I don't think they look scared.

The Republicans are going to sit back and let the Democrats run the country for the next 4 years... I wonder what would they will say when the GDP goes over +5% in a year, unemployment falls below 4% and we've managed to deal with every single major international crisis. Instead of saying "We worked with the Democrats and helped them improve the country and our standing in the world" they won't be able to say shit. They're going all in on a pair of deuces and the flop just showed a 10-J-Q.

Imagine when the Senate gets 2/3 Democrat majority. Then treaties and amendments can be passed without Republican support. :lol:

You gotta love what he said:

"I deeply regret that I will be disappointing many friends and supporters," Specter said at a news conference on Tuesday.

He doesn't regret anything! He knows he'll lose to Pat Toomey and wants to continue to be a politician.
He disapoints me more staying in politics.

So with Franken that gives us 61? We'll be able to pass everything we want before the 2010 midterms.

And Toomey isn't a shoe in for 2010. It may be easy for a republican to win Lehigh Valley-based 15th congressional district, but it isn't necessarily a shoe in that a Republican will win the Senate seat.

I could be wrong.

They got full control and the keys to the car. Let's hope they don't get drunk and crash it into a telephone poll.

We saw what happened to the GOP when they had both houses and the White House and their grip wasn't anywhere near as tight as the Dems have now.

I actually do, when I'm driving.

Start listening to Air America once in awhile, if you don't already.

The Republicans are going to sit back and let the Democrats run the country for the next 4 years... I wonder what would they will say when the GDP goes over +5% in a year, unemployment falls below 4% and we've managed to deal with every single major international crisis. Instead of saying "We worked with the Democrats and helped them improve the country and our standing in the world" they won't be able to say shit. They're going all in on a pair of deuces and the flop just showed a 10-J-Q.

Imagine when the Senate gets 2/3 Democrat majority. Then treaties and amendments can be passed without Republican support. :lol:

That's what I'm thinking. I doubt the majority will sit back and relax now that they can get their agenda through, no problem. If they did that, I would never vote Democratic again.

Obama seems to have some some help with issues that are important to him suddenly. It's certainly a very interesting time to be in DC.

And :lol: at Willow's meltdown.

I think if you were really truthful and watched that film you would know it in no way reflects a Willow meltdown,, looked more like a bobo office,, see all those pansy assed people running from the bad guy? there were thirty of them and one of him and they stood around wailing and gave him time to find an axe.. yep,, honey bunny that's no Willow meltdown.. I'll let ya know when I'm having a meltdown..

So with Franken that gives us 61? We'll be able to pass everything we want before the 2010 midterms.

And Toomey isn't a shoe in for 2010. It may be easy for a republican to win Lehigh Valley-based 15th congressional district, but it isn't necessarily a shoe in that a Republican will win the Senate seat.

I could be wrong.
One party is the same as the other to me, so the Dems have 61 or 100 votes, will they stop spending like drunken sailors?

No?

One party rule should terify you though, it's what our founders feared most of all, and a lot of people cheer it on, GoPers and Dems.

We will see if they are still cheering before long.

Forum List

Back