BREAKING: Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Says It Will Participate In Wisconsin Recount

Funny (sic) not long ago Hillary was saying that not accepting the results was a direct assault on democracy.

So here we go.

The campaign also said it would participate in recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan if they went forward.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Saturday said that it would participate in a recount initiated by Green Party nominee Jill Stein in Wisconsin and said it would take similar action if a recount was initiated in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

The campaign has taken a number of steps since election day to review election results and has not found “any actionable evidence of hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology,” Marc Elias, the campaign’s general counsel, wrote in a statement on Medium. The campaign had not planned to call for a recount, Elias wrote, but now that one is underway, it felt an obligation to participate. The extent of the campaign’s participation was not immediately clear.

“Now that a recount has been initiated in Wisconsin, we intend to participate in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides,” Elias wrote. “If Jill Stein follows through as she has promised and pursues recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we will take the same approach in those states as well.”

Stein filed for a recount in Wisconsin on Friday after quickly raising more than $5 million to challenge election results there and in Michigan and Pennsylvania ― all key states that Clinton lost in the presidential election. Stein’s call for a recount came after data scientists publicly raised questions about discrepancies in election results.

Elias wrote that the Clinton campaign had been consulting with a number of experts to understand irregularities in election result data and had attempted to “systematically catalogue and investigate every theory that has been presented to us within our ability to do so.” The campaign has also staffed post-election canvasses ― the processes by which election returns are officially certified, which includes double checking tallies from election night.

Hillary Clinton's Campaign Says It Will Participate In Wisconsin Recount | The Huffington Post
results.jpg

She didn't call for the recount.... You know that?
She had her new beard do it for her, and now they are going to participate.

It looks like going forward, whatever the presidential results are, the other side will claim fraud and demand a recount.

While Trump claimed it was all rigged before the vote...

There is nothing wrong with recounts. They are performed regularly in many places worldwide...

Election Results should be accurate... What is your problem with accuracy?
It changes nothing with the electoral vote by placing that to her favor, so what's the flippin point ??

1. If it happens in one place then there would be serious questions over the whole election process.

2. People took time to vote, we can show the respect that we count them properly...

Do you care that the election could have been tampered with?

Trump should also participate. He claimed that the election was rigged for months. This is his chance to take a good look at how things went down so he can satisfy himself and his supporters that the election was fair and not rigged in any way.
He won 't because it is a total waste of money. I like it, less money that the democrat have to spend on campaigns. Funny how they must like making lawyers rich.

I know right! Trump hates lawyers.

Weeeeeeeee!

It looks like going forward, whatever the presidential results are, the other side will claim fraud and demand a recount.

There is nothing wrong with recounts. They are performed regularly in many places worldwide...

Go ahead and do it. I don't see good odds in turning three states though.

It is not about the odds, it is about having trust in the system...

Trump questioned the system and said the election was rigged, he should be leading in asking for recounts...

It changes nothing with the electoral vote by placing that to her favor, so what's the flippin point ??

1. If it happens in one place then there would be serious questions over the whole election process.

2. People took time to vote, we can show the respect that we count them properly...

Do you care that the election could have been tampered with?
Do you mean like the 2008 and 2012 could have been tampered with?

If there is cheating found it will be from Hillary side so I do hope they recount, then throw the bunch into jail as they should have thrown Gore's lawyer in jail when he lied to the SC of Florida.

So here we go.

The campaign also said it would participate in recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan if they went forward.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Saturday said that it would participate in a recount initiated by Green Party nominee Jill Stein in Wisconsin and said it would take similar action if a recount was initiated in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

The campaign has taken a number of steps since election day to review election results and has not found “any actionable evidence of hacking or outside attempts to alter the voting technology,” Marc Elias, the campaign’s general counsel, wrote in a statement on Medium. The campaign had not planned to call for a recount, Elias wrote, but now that one is underway, it felt an obligation to participate. The extent of the campaign’s participation was not immediately clear.

“Now that a recount has been initiated in Wisconsin, we intend to participate in order to ensure the process proceeds in a manner that is fair to all sides,” Elias wrote. “If Jill Stein follows through as she has promised and pursues recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan, we will take the same approach in those states as well.”

Stein filed for a recount in Wisconsin on Friday after quickly raising more than $5 million to challenge election results there and in Michigan and Pennsylvania ― all key states that Clinton lost in the presidential election. Stein’s call for a recount came after data scientists publicly raised questions about discrepancies in election results.

Elias wrote that the Clinton campaign had been consulting with a number of experts to understand irregularities in election result data and had attempted to “systematically catalogue and investigate every theory that has been presented to us within our ability to do so.” The campaign has also staffed post-election canvasses ― the processes by which election returns are officially certified, which includes double checking tallies from election night.

Hillary Clinton's Campaign Says It Will Participate In Wisconsin Recount | The Huffington Post
While I'm worried about the state of our republic, this seems fitting considering the insanity of the campaign.

This just keeps getting nastier.

That doesn't make sense. Why prolong the agony? Your lady lost it is time to give it up. Money spent on a recount would be better served helping an inner city kid instead of being pissed away to lawyers. But that is the kind of behavior that lost the election for Hillary and a whole lot of democrats with her.
I'm not saying I want it to happen. I'm concerned about the stability of our political system, frankly, and I've come to terms with the thought of Trump.

I'm just saying that, given what we've just seen, it's not exactly shocking if it happens.

So here we go.

While I'm worried about the state of our republic, this seems fitting considering the insanity of the campaign.

This just keeps getting nastier.

That doesn't make sense. Why prolong the agony? Your lady lost it is time to give it up. Money spent on a recount would be better served helping an inner city kid instead of being pissed away to lawyers. But that is the kind of behavior that lost the election for Hillary and a whole lot of democrats with her.
I'm not saying I want it to happen. I'm concerned about the stability of our political system, frankly, and I've come to terms with the thought of Trump.

I'm just saying that, given what we've just seen, it's not exactly shocking if it happens.
What do you think anyone has "seen" to cause them to recount? I think in Mi it cost 1 million to do a recount. PA is 500000. Why would anyone do that just to spite Trump? It makes no sense. If they are going to piss away money they should just donate to the CGI, who can use the money now that foreign countries are backing out or cutting donations.

Why is it in the stages of grieve liberals can't seem to get to the acceptance stage?

I realize why Hillary is now going to get involved. It is crazy to let her. It would like letting a bank robber help with the investigation. She knows and she wants her hand in the counting.

None of the candidates should have anything to do with the actual count. So what exactly would be Hillary's role? I am thinking, CYA.

I realize why Hillary is now going to get involved. It is crazy to let her. It would like letting a bank robber help with the investigation. She knows and she wants her hand in the counting.

None of the candidates should have anything to do with the actual count. So what exactly would be Hillary's role? I am thinking, CYA.
. Hillary could be behind it, but she is letting Jil lead this push because she don't want Trump to know she has anything to do with it after he spared her any further grief in life. She needs to go to jail is what she needs.

What do you think anyone has "seen" to cause them to recount? I think in Mi it cost 1 million to do a recount. PA is 500000. Why would anyone do that just to spite Trump? It makes no sense. If they are going to piss away money they should just donate to the CGI, who can use the money now that foreign countries are backing out or cutting donations.

Michigan has 1500 precincts at $150 per.

Frankly, the Clinton Foundation could use the donations...things have slowed up considerably.

Maybe Hillary should have tried actually going to Wisconsin and campaigning there instead of just assuming she had the state won and ignoring it.
. She ignored it because she figured her surrogates would work it all out for her or she figured she didn't need the state so to hell with them right ? Now they are her jewl if only to make her feel good for a moment in time in which will be short lived again. Why she wants to re-live the disaster of her loss again well who knows at this point, but I think it is what people like the Clinton's do. They are sore losers who had way to much riding on this thing. Bill is probably one of the behind the scenes instigators. What's in it for Jill Stein I wonder ?? What have the Clinton's promised her I wonder ?? Hmmm.

Forum List

Back