Breaking: FBI BACKS CIA View that Russia Intervened to Help Trump Win Election

Gee, it's about time. :rolleyes-41:

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. have backed a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.

Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion suggests that the leaders of the three agencies are in agreement on Russian intentions, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.

“Earlier this week, I met separately with (Director) FBI James Comey and DNI Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” CIA Director John Brennan said in a message to the agency’s workforce, according to U.S. officials who have seen the message.
Rest here: FBI backs CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win election
It may be true that Russia helped Trump win, but American politics has a long history of interfering with elections elsewhere around the globe. Politics as usual, nothing out of the ordinary.

"the United States does have a well-documented history of interfering and sometimes interrupting the workings of democracies elsewhere. It has occupied and intervened militarily in a whole swath of countries in the Caribbean and Latin America and fomented coups against democratically elected populists.

"https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2…

Oh, that makes it OK then.

Except... it's not fake. It's confirmed by EVERY intelligence agency in the Federal government, foreign intelligence agencies, The AG of the U.S., and the President of the U.S.

Every intelligence agency and some foreign agencies confirmed CIA's information that Iraq has WMD and Congress voted for war on it.

This information is based on CIA innuendo. No actual proof of any hacking.

According to Esquire magazine, Comey claims that Clinton had been "extremely careless,"

According to me Esquire magazine misquoted Comey, he said/meant "extremely reckless"

No.
Quotation marks indicate a direct quote.
You don't simply get to decide what the quotes person "really" said. They said what they said.

Oh, I get it. I should use quotes, and put them into my own words.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He said "extremely careless" in his testimony.

In Clinton's case, the FBI did not find evidence "sufficient to establish" that she knew she was receiving or sending classified information and that it was against the law, Comey said.

"I think she was extremely careless. I think she was negligent. That I could establish. What we can't establish is that she acted with the necessary criminal intent," he insisted. "'Should have known,' 'must have known,' 'had to know' does not get you there. You have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they knew they were engaged in something that was unlawful."

Comey said he knows that "frustrates people, but that's the way the law is, and that's the way the practice is in the Department of Justice."

He said that as many as 20 agents, investigators, analysts and others within the FBI were assigned to the case and that they unanimously agreed charges were not warranted.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....e/story?id=41044927?client=ms-android-verizon

"Anonymous sources" are in agreement. In other words, no one is.

Did the CIA actually release a public statement? If they did, when did the CIA start going public? Doesn't that go against the purpose of the CIA? This isn't making any sense.

It only makes sense if... here is no official CIA report. Just a couple of Democrat operatives who wrote the press release in the DNC press room.

According to Esquire magazine, Comey claims that Clinton had been "extremely careless,"

According to me Esquire magazine misquoted Comey, he said/meant "extremely reckless"

No.
Quotation marks indicate a direct quote.
You don't simply get to decide what the quotes person "really" said. They said what they said.

Oh, I get it. I should use quotes, and put them into my own words.

He said "extremely careless" in his testimony.

In Clinton's case, the FBI did not find evidence "sufficient to establish" that she knew she was receiving or sending classified information and that it was against the law, Comey said.

"I think she was extremely careless. I think she was negligent. That I could establish. What we can't establish is that she acted with the necessary criminal intent," he insisted. "'Should have known,' 'must have known,' 'had to know' does not get you there. You have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they knew they were engaged in something that was unlawful."

Comey said he knows that "frustrates people, but that's the way the law is, and that's the way the practice is in the Department of Justice."

He said that as many as 20 agents, investigators, analysts and others within the FBI were assigned to the case and that they unanimously agreed charges were not warranted.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/fbi-director-james-comey-hillary-clinton-email-probe/story?id=41044927?client=ms-android-verizon

"they unanimously agreed charges were not warranted."

And that's as it should be!

“Earlier this week, I met separately with (Director) FBI James Comey and DNI Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” CIA Director John Brennan said in a message to the agency’s workforce, according to U.S. officials who have seen the message.
All this means is that they agree with each other...it gives no indication at all what it is they agree to or with...fake news is very seductive bro!

Yes, agree with each other that the Russians were behind it.
Wikileaks says the Russians weren't behind it. They say an insider leaked the emails. They have met the guy and know who he is. That blows your accusations about the Russians all to hell.

Last edited:

Did the CIA actually release a public statement? If they did, when did the CIA start going public? Doesn't that go against the purpose of the CIA? This isn't making any sense.

It only makes sense if... here is no official CIA report. Just a couple of Democrat operatives who wrote the press release in the DNC press room.
It's fake news.

All this means is that they agree with each other...it gives no indication at all what it is they agree to or with...fake news is very seductive bro!

Wikileaks says the Russians weren't behind it. They say an insider leaked the emails. They have met the gu and know who he is. That blows your accusations about the Russians all to hell.

Great. Put your faith in them over your own country if you wish.

Wikileaks says the Russians weren't behind it. They say an insider leaked the emails. They have met the gu and know who he is. That blows your accusations about the Russians all to hell.

Why would I have faith in douche bag toadies who are proven liars? Obama and Hillary are not "my country." "Anonymous sources" are not "my country."

It's fake news.

I don't think it's fake news.

It's straight up lying with intention to misinform public and cause situation that will keep Barry in the White House.

No dictator ever gave away power willingly and peacefully.

Why would I have faith in douche bag toadies who are proven liars? Obama and Hillary are not "my country." "Anonymous sources" are not "my country."

Thank you for being honest. It's long been presumed that those on the right were self serving with no qualms about selling out their own country to further their interests.
It's refreshing to see someone admit it so clearly.

It's fake news.

It's straight up lying with intention to misinform public and cause situation that will keep Barry in the White House.

Nice conspiracy.

It's fake news.

I strongly agree with what you just said about how fake news is bad.

It's fake news.

Nice conspiracy.

You can laugh all you want.

You remember day after the election when Barry talk about the "peaceful transition" of power?

How else power transition suppose to be done? Why to say something like that unless you plan differently. And since he said it, he did everything opposite to prevent the peaceful transition. That's not conspiracy, that's what leftists are doing for ages. Watch what other hand is doing.

Thank you for being honest. It's long been presumed that those on the right were self serving with no qualms about selling out their own country to further their interests.
Again, moron, Barry and Hillary are not "my country." They are a couple of lying douche bag politicians. Nothing could be sleazier than claiming that disputing their accusations is "selling out America." However, that's typical behavior for reptilian left wingers like you.

All you prove every time you post is that your a douche bag.

Behind what?

Again, moron, Barry and Hillary are not "my country." They are a couple of lying douche bag politicians. Nothing could be sleazier than claiming that disputing their accusations is "selling out America." However, that's typical behavior for reptilian left wingers like you.

All you prove every time you post is that your a douche bag.
Well I still can't figure out how hacking the DNC affects voting machines. Hey left how does that coordinate?

There is no other way to affect votes.

All the biased MSM propaganda machines were doubled down on partisan politics this morning. Face the democrats, meet the democrats. Funny stuff just old news six weeks late. You all fking lost! Stop with the comedy effort, it isn't any good.

Forum List

Back