Boys..... & the Rainbow Party

Perhaps if you wouldn't get the preconceived notion you're entitled to something you're not, just because of the way a person is dressed...

Shattered said:
Perhaps if you wouldn't get the preconceived notion you're entitled to something you're not, just because of the way a person is dressed...

It is an easy social norm for most males to follow, and one where they are less likely to be rejected, and it holds true a lot of the time. It's like a mating call for animals, where the female will display her feathers showing she's ready for mating. I can't change the behavior of all the men out there. Most of that notion is just from natural instinct, and I haven't seen much that can conquer that. All I can do is provide a warning to you.

LMAO! You're providing me with a warning about something you previously professed to doing yourself? (That was you that basically said you prey on girls like that because they're an easy target, right? Or, did I misunderstand?) Egads - that's rich.

Let me make something perfectly clear to you, since you obviously missed it last time - you're not issuing me any warnings that I need. You know nothing about me, or my personal life, or how I display myself in public, or private. Your assumptions are completely off the wall, and incorrect.

My OPINION is that people are entitled to wear what they like, and shouldn't be made to feel like hell for it by the likes of you, or anyone else. That does not mean I go traipsing around town in little more than a feather boa.

Shattered said:
LMAO! You're providing me with a warning about something you previously professed to doing yourself? (That was you that basically said you prey on girls like that because they're an easy target, right? Or, did I misunderstand?) Egads - that's rich.

Let me make something perfectly clear to you, since you obviously missed it last time - you're not issuing me any warnings that I need. You know nothing about me, or my personal life, or how I display myself in public, or private. Your assumptions are completely off the wall, and incorrect.

My OPINION is that people are entitled to wear what they like, and shouldn't be made to feel like hell for it by the likes of you, or anyone else. That does not mean I go traipsing around town in little more than a feather boa.

It's a norm most males use for judging whether they will be rejected. It's kinda like an unspoken rule. Don't act like you want some if you don't.

That's why I precluded everything with a "if you dress in a slutty manner" sort of statement. If you wear those clothes, men will expect you to be following the norm. That doesn't say anything about your personal life, and requires no knowledge of it to make that statement. It's just a syllogism, structured programming theorem.

Perhaps most males would do well to set their sights (and standards) a little higher.. You're making them sound like a bunch of bumbling oafs with no mental capacity for anything normal.

I don't think I even know any males that are anything close to what you're describing.

IControlThePast said:
It's a norm most males use for judging whether they will be rejected. It's kinda like an unspoken rule. Don't act like you want some if you don't.

That's why I precluded everything with a "if you dress in a slutty manner" sort of statement. If you wear those clothes, men will expect you to be following the norm. That doesn't say anything about your personal life, and requires no knowledge of it to make that statement. It's just a syllogism, structured programming theorem.

There is some truth in what you are saying, although people in general could stand to be less judgemental. You form an opinion of someone in something like 5 seconds, this is usually not based on much, aside from appearence and mannerisms. I think most of us are guilty of itl.

Shattered said:
Perhaps most males would do well to set their sights (and standards) a little higher.. You're making them sound like a bunch of bumbling oafs with no mental capacity for anything normal.

I don't think I even know any males that are anything close to what you're describing.

Men don't like being rejected, and I would imagine that goes for women too. Men generally are the ones that have to ask someone out or to dance, etc, so they want to make sure that they won't be rejected when they ask. Many guys are not out for a relationship, especially if they're still in college. They're just out for a one night stand or friends with benefits or just benefits. Trying to determine whether a girl will say yes is based on what Said says and also a concious observation of mannerisms and dress.

Said1 said:
There is some truth in what you are saying, although people in general could stand to be less judgemental. You form an opinion of someone in something like 5 seconds, this is usually not based on much, aside from appearence and mannerisms. I think most of us are guilty of itl.

Yes, most of us are.

dilloduck said:
I'd be interested to know WHY you like clothes like your Avatar wears or is accesorizing your Avatar just a hobby?

(told ya the point didn't go over my head)

I didnt realize i belonged to her or had poor taste in clothes...oh wait nevermind.

Shattered said:

Whores dress the way they do to attract customers. Of course you can wear whatever you like however others are ALSO entitled to make thier own opinions about your appearance. There is no doubt that if you dress like a whore, odds are that you are more likely to be treated as such. Your "I can do whatever I want" motto has consequences whether you feel them to be warranted or not. Even woman can tell when one has dressed in a manner to attract sexual attention. One cannot realistically expect do "do thier own thing" without being assessed by others. Are you gonna try to tell us that you see how someone is dressed but have no impression about them whatsoever?

Tell me, Dillo... What exactly does someone have to wear to be considered a whore in your opinion? You've thrown that word around quite a bit now, but have yet to have define it.

IControlThePast said:
Never said anything like that. Willingness to do something despite a possible risk does not mean you want the bad part of the risk to happen. Most men don't rape loose girls, they just expect sex from them.

It's the same line of reasoning.

Shattered said:
Tell me, Dillo... What exactly does someone have to wear to be considered a whore in your opinion? You've thrown that word around quite a bit now, but have yet to have define it.
Go check your local red light district---the cops and the johns can pick em out a mile away.

dilloduck said:
Go check your local red light district---the cops and the johns can pick em out a mile away.

Sorry, but I live in a small, religious town. I don't have a 'red light' district.

Care to define the word you're throwing around? You obviously have someone/something worked up in your mind already as a whore.. You should be a bit more specific.

Shattered said:
Sorry, but I live in a small, religious town. I don't have a 'red light' district.

Care to define the word you're throwing around? You obviously have someone/something worked up in your mind already as a whore.. You should be a bit more specific.

If you have never seen one then you are hardly the person to discuss the issue with.

Maybe I haven't (other than TV). But from the way you're describing them, anyone that wears anything considered sexy, or slightly revealing, is dressed like a whore, and should expect to be treated as such.

Shattered said:
Maybe I haven't (other than TV). But from the way you're describing them, anyone that wears anything considered sexy, or slightly revealing, is dressed like a whore, and should expect to be treated as such.

Don't get into debates when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Makes you look silly.

dilloduck said:
Don't get into debates when you don't even know what the hell you're talking about. Makes you look silly.

ME look silly? I'm beginning to think you have a serious problem with women. I asked you for your specific definition of a whore, since you are the first, and only person to actually throw the word onto the table.

Are you going to put up, or shut up?

Shattered said:
ME look silly? I'm beginning to think you have a serious problem with women. I asked you for your specific definition of a whore, since you are the first, and only person to actually throw the word onto the table.

Are you going to put up, or shut up?

I'm certainly not going to argue about dressing like a whore with someone who has only seen one on TV LOL

What's the matter? Did the real life ones you've seen turn you down as well?

Either you have nothing to go on, or you managed to stick your foot in your mouth, and haven't figured out how to spit it back out yet.

You've got nothing, Dillo.

Shattered said:
What's the matter? Did the real life ones you've seen turn you down as well?

Either you have nothing to go on, or you managed to stick your foot in your mouth, and haven't figured out how to spit it back out yet.

You've got nothing, Dillo.
LMAO--now I have problems with women------for someone who hates to be criticized you sure can fling the shit around Dr. Shattered. Please think about what the hell you say before you say it

Forum List

Back