Boycott Arizona.

I doubt very much God had anything to do with helping those who spew hate for His children. That aside it looks as if the boycott Arizona theme has caught on. MLB, NBA and the NFL all seem motivated to punish the RW pols in Arizona. Today the City of Boston joined other cities in cancelling contracts and refusing to send staff to conferences in Arizona.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Please explain where the "hate" is in the bill. When liberals are confronted with an argument they are unable to logically argue, they deem it "hate" which attempts to shut down the debate. Same goes for the "racism" term.

We are a country of laws. These laws must be followed and enforced or we will have total anarchy. Unlike personal feelings, laws do not/should not have an emotional attachment. This has been repeated ad nauseum, but the aliens in question were violating the laws of the US. Are we to ignore some laws and if so, which ones? just the ones we don't agree with?

Where is the hate? Have you read the posts on this message board from the RW Trolls?
We are a country of laws. Read the law of the land, start with the fourth amendment to the United States Constitution and move on to the 14th.
Another word for anarchy mght be vigilantism.
just wondering, just what products from AZ are you planing to boycott?

Again I say,As long as the current administration views each illegal immigrant that crosses the border as a "vote", they will continue to paint the majority of Arizona AND the majority of Americans as racist biggots until they are voted out of office. If we are truly a nation of laws, then we don't get to pick which ones we want to enforce/adhere to, and which ones we don't. The silent majority is rising up, and I have news for all you progressive/liberal idiots,...... your days are numbered. On the bright side, I hear they've already started living the progressive utopian dream over in Greece,.... Why don't you move there and take as many of your kooky friends with you as you can!!

Sent from my iPhone

Please explain where the "hate" is in the bill. When liberals are confronted with an argument they are unable to logically argue, they deem it "hate" which attempts to shut down the debate. Same goes for the "racism" term.

We are a country of laws. These laws must be followed and enforced or we will have total anarchy. Unlike personal feelings, laws do not/should not have an emotional attachment. This has been repeated ad nauseum, but the aliens in question were violating the laws of the US. Are we to ignore some laws and if so, which ones? just the ones we don't agree with?

Where is the hate? Have you read the posts on this message board from the RW Trolls?
We are a country of laws. Read the law of the land, start with the fourth amendment to the United States Constitution and move on to the 14th.

We've gone there for the past 5 or 6 years at least once a year to see some spring baseball; we've also gone to Tomestone, Sedona, Apache Junction where we camped for a week, Scotsdale for shopping, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. So the 'products' are those things tourists spend money on, hotels, food, entertainment and of course my wife shopped.
Not much but AZ won't see any of my dollars again.

We've gone there for the past 5 or 6 years at least once a year to see some spring baseball; we've also gone to Tomestone, Sedona, Apache Junction where we camped for a week, Scotsdale for shopping, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. So the 'products' are those things tourists spend money on, hotels, food, entertainment and of course my wife shopped.
lol
ok, i didnt know but i have heard there are calls to boycott AZ Iced Tea
was wondering if that was your plan too

;)

I wish stats would come out from this. There is so many people buying from AZ exclusively or at least more for enforcing the law, while there is also gobs of people not buying anything from AZ in order to protest it. A big swing in either direction could either be really bad or really good for the state.

I doubt very much God had anything to do with helping those who spew hate for His children. That aside it looks as if the boycott Arizona theme has caught on. MLB, NBA and the NFL all seem motivated to punish the RW pols in Arizona. Today the City of Boston joined other cities in cancelling contracts and refusing to send staff to conferences in Arizona.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I asked where the "hate" was in the bill, not on USMB. BTW those that agree with the bill are not showing hate because they disagree with your position. I realize liberals fell that their way is the right way and anything contrary to that is either labeled as HATE or RACIST.

As far a reading goes you should look at the Alien Registration Act from 1940 passed by congress. It states that all non-citizens are required to carry 'proof of status' documents. All the hysteria about the AZ bill requiring non citizens to carry their papers, is just that...hysteria as this bill has bee around for 70 years. The media is completely in on the lies. You should probably read the bill rather than going on what the MSM states.

I will ask again, do we ignore the laws on the books because we don't like them. Please tell me where the vigilantism is. As far as I can tell in recent weeks in AZ we have 1 rancher dead and 1 police officer.

lol

;)

I knew better than to give you a straight answer. Typical liberal I guess, I even give jerks the benefit of the doubt - once.

I asked where the "hate" was in the bill, not on USMB. BTW those that agree with the bill are not showing hate because they disagree with your position. I realize liberals fell that their way is the right way and anything contrary to that is either labeled as HATE or RACIST.

As far a reading goes you should look at the Alien Registration Act from 1940 passed by congress. It states that all non-citizens are required to carry 'proof of status' documents. All the hysteria about the AZ bill requiring non citizens to carry their papers, is just that...hysteria as this bill has bee around for 70 years. The media is completely in on the lies. You should probably read the bill rather than going on what the MSM states.

I will ask again, do we ignore the laws on the books because we don't like them. Please tell me where the vigilantism is. As far as I can tell in recent weeks in AZ we have 1 rancher dead and 1 police officer.

See the problem is you're not very bright. Never did I say resident aliens did not have to comply with the law. I have said, very simply so someone not very bright could understand, that I do not support law violators; I do support the rule of law and I believe the Arizona law (1070) violates the U.S. Constitution.
Now, I'm not a scholar, but I have had ConLaw. I don't claim to be an authority on the Constitution but I was a law enforcement officer for over thirty years and had hours of training, and later trained new deputies, on Ca. PC 832.
1070 will be appealed, and courts will rule and more appeals filed before the issue is decided. So, believe what you will on the merits of the law, nothing you think or I think will have any impact.
As for racism it is clear to me that many of the RWers on this message board are bigots. Some covertly, others overtly, and all deny that they are. Most are pretty damn stupid too, but that's obvious to anyone with a triple digit IQ.

lol

;)

I knew better than to give you a straight answer. Typical liberal I guess, I even give jerks the benefit of the doubt - once.
hey, it was a serious question, and you answered with what you were gonna do
and i HAVE heard there are calls to boycott AZ Iced Tea
how is that not an honest question?

lol

;)

Mea Culpa, I thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry.

See the problem is you're not very bright. Never did I say resident aliens did not have to comply with the law. I have said, very simply so someone not very bright could understand, that I do not support law violators; I do support the rule of law and I believe the Arizona law (1070) violates the U.S. Constitution.
Now, I'm not a scholar, but I have had ConLaw. I don't claim to be an authority on the Constitution but I was a law enforcement officer for over thirty years and had hours of training, and later trained new deputies, on Ca. PC 832.
1070 will be appealed, and courts will rule and more appeals filed before the issue is decided. So, believe what you will on the merits of the law, nothing you think or I think will have any impact.
As for racism it is clear to me that many of the RWers on this message board are bigots. Some covertly, others overtly, and all deny that they are. Most are pretty damn stupid too, but that's obvious to anyone with a triple digit IQ.

Ah the personal attack. You can't defend you statement so you attack. Name calling is definitely a sign of not being too bright. I stopped name calling when I left high school.
It seems everyone on USMB claims to be either a lawyer, doctor or have a "triple digit IQ" and are experts in what ever the topic is. Bottom line is you still have not shown where the AZ bill is racist. Now you state there are "bigots" on the board, which I will agree, but even with the definition given, you lump them in as Racist. Not too smart for someone with a "triple digit IQ".
I am done though as I do not debate with personal attacks. if/when you want to have an adult debate.....

Better add Pennsylvania to your list, they are the next state to follow AZ. I hope many more follow suit.

Mea Culpa, I thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry.

AZ Iced Tea

Arizona Beverage Company
644 Linn St Suite 31B
Cincinnati, Ohio

Ah the personal attack. You can't defend you statement so you attack. Name calling is definitely a sign of not being too bright. I stopped name calling when I left high school.
It seems everyone on USMB claims to be either a lawyer, doctor or have a "triple digit IQ" and are experts in what ever the topic is. Bottom line is you still have not shown where the AZ bill is racist. Now you state there are "bigots" on the board, which I will agree, but even with the definition given, you lump them in as Racist. Not too smart for someone with a "triple digit IQ".
I am done though as I do not debate with personal attacks. if/when you want to have an adult debate.....

My not too bright comment was in response to you suggesting I don't support the rule of law. I do, equally, fairly and without bias. Besides, I did not call you a libtard neocon or other such pejorative, I suggested you're not too bright because you didn't read my post(s) carefully and jumped to a conclusion.
You want me to give a comprehensive answer to a self evident question? Do you think the Arizona law is targeted at the illegal Greeks, Brits or Japanese who may reside in Arizona? The Arizona law is not only illegal in my opinion but another example of how close the RW Fringe in America today reflects attitudes and actions of the post-Weimar Republic in Germany of 1931-1945. Find a group to hate and fear - homosexuals, liberals, Jews or Moslems and create a climate of fear, make promises to the people to keep them safe and with their support 'you' will lead them to the promised land.
BTW, when I want an intelligent debate I go to another message board, one that is not an echo chamber of fools and bigots (note, I did not call you a fool or a bigot and I may have let my disdain for those who are carry over to you in my previous comment. Mea culpa.).

Last edited:

lol

;)

It doesn't seem to occur to Wry that, aside from the fact that he's not nearly the treasured visitor he imagines himself to be, his piddly-ass tourist dollars and those of other self-righteous leftist asswipes who feel free to pronounce from their safe perches well away from the border will be more than offset by the reduction of the sucking drain his precious illegals place on Arizona's economy.

We've gone there for the past 5 or 6 years at least once a year to see some spring baseball; we've also gone to Tombstone, Sedona, Apache Junction where we camped for a week, Scotsdale for shopping, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. So the 'products' are those things tourists spend money on, hotels, food, entertainment and of course my wife shopped.

Better add Pennsylvania to your list, they are the next state to follow AZ. I hope many more follow suit.

Nope. I like Philly, Citizens Bank ballpark is one of the finest in the nation, and the food and neighborhoods and old grave yards are fascinating. I've also been to Gettysburg, twice. When each of my two sons turned 15 we took them to D.C. and Arlington and I introduced them to some old friends whose names are on the Vietnam Memorial Wall on the mall; we also drove to Gettysburg and through York to Philly (York as you know has some interesting history re race relations, but I digress) Every American ought to visit these sites, and our National Military Cemetaries too.
I've never been to Pittsburg, thought I'd like to see the new ballpark there and also the one in Cleveland, maybe next spring since I won't be spending my money in Arizona.

I wish stats would come out from this. There is so many people buying from AZ exclusively or at least more for enforcing the law, while there is also gobs of people not buying anything from AZ in order to protest it. A big swing in either direction could either be really bad or really good for the state.

As far as exports go, most of our major exports appear to be raw materials and components that go into making larger items, so I actually doubt people can effectively boycott Arizona's major industries other than tourism, simply because they have no real way of knowing which products use items made here. And as I've pointed out earlier, a tourist boycott of Arizona that takes place in the middle of summer, when no one comes here anyway, is somewhat less than effective.

As far as exports go, most of our major exports appear to be raw materials and components that go into making larger items, so I actually doubt people can effectively boycott Arizona's major industries other than tourism, simply because they have no real way of knowing which products use items made here. And as I've pointed out earlier, a tourist boycott of Arizona that takes place in the middle of summer, when no one comes here anyway, is somewhat less than effective.

Gee, no one goes to the Grand Canyon in the summer? Are you sure? And all those rafts and things way down on the river, are they floating without human passengers? Ah, have you ever been to Hoover Damn? That bypass under construction wouldn't be necessary without the miles long backup of tourists in the summertime.

Forum List

Back