Boycott Arizona.

I wish stats would come out from this. There is so many people buying from AZ exclusively or at least more for enforcing the law, while there is also gobs of people not buying anything from AZ in order to protest it. A big swing in either direction could either be really bad or really good for the state.

As far as exports go, most of our major exports appear to be raw materials and components that go into making larger items, so I actually doubt people can effectively boycott Arizona's major industries other than tourism, simply because they have no real way of knowing which products use items made here. And as I've pointed out earlier, a tourist boycott of Arizona that takes place in the middle of summer, when no one comes here anyway, is somewhat less than effective.

Gee, no one goes to the Grand Canyon in the summer? Are you sure? And all those rafts and things way down on the river, are they floating without human passengers? Ah, have you ever been to Hoover Damn? That bypass under construction wouldn't be necessary without the miles long backup of tourists in the summertime.

hey Wry....i hate to blow your little bubble about "boycotting".....90% of those who say they are going to "boycott"....go right back to doing what they were doing as soon as something else gets national attention....."boycotters" are some of the biggest phonies around....

Boycott shmoycott. Arizona passed a great law that is already working. Illegals are leaving AZ in droves. Unfortunately all it has done for now is move the problem to California, Texas, and New Mexico........

If all the states enacted similar laws along with laws that punish employers that knowingly hire illegals, we'd go a long way towards solving the problem.

Because of this law, i will now plan my winter golf trips in Arizona instead of Florida.

We've gone there for the past 5 or 6 years at least once a year to see some spring baseball; we've also gone to Tombstone, Sedona, Apache Junction where we camped for a week, Scotsdale for shopping, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. So the 'products' are those things tourists spend money on, hotels, food, entertainment and of course my wife shopped.
Not much but AZ won't see any of my dollars again.

Better add Pennsylvania to your list, they are the next state to follow AZ. I hope many more follow suit.

Nope. I like Philly, Citizens Bank ballpark is one of the finest in the nation, and the food and neighborhoods and old grave yards are fascinating. I've also been to Gettysburg, twice. When each of my two sons turned 15 we took them to D.C. and Arlington and I introduced them to some old friends whose names are on the Vietnam Memorial Wall on the mall; we also drove to Gettysburg and through York to Philly (York as you know has some interesting history re race relations, but I digress) Every American ought to visit these sites, and our National Military Cemetaries too.
I've never been to Pittsburg, thought I'd like to see the new ballpark there and also the one in Cleveland, maybe next spring since I won't be spending my money in Arizona.

So you will boycott AZ but when PA passes the same law you won't boycott......How strange is that?

Better add Pennsylvania to your list, they are the next state to follow AZ. I hope many more follow suit.

Nope. I like Philly, Citizens Bank ballpark is one of the finest in the nation, and the food and neighborhoods and old grave yards are fascinating. I've also been to Gettysburg, twice. When each of my two sons turned 15 we took them to D.C. and Arlington and I introduced them to some old friends whose names are on the Vietnam Memorial Wall on the mall; we also drove to Gettysburg and through York to Philly (York as you know has some interesting history re race relations, but I digress) Every American ought to visit these sites, and our National Military Cemetaries too.
I've never been to Pittsburg, thought I'd like to see the new ballpark there and also the one in Cleveland, maybe next spring since I won't be spending my money in Arizona.

So you will boycott AZ but when PA passes the same law you won't boycott......How strange is that?

In case you haven't noticed, Wry likes to show off his hypocrisy. He's a proud hypocrite, for some reason. Go figure.

As far as exports go, most of our major exports appear to be raw materials and components that go into making larger items, so I actually doubt people can effectively boycott Arizona's major industries other than tourism, simply because they have no real way of knowing which products use items made here. And as I've pointed out earlier, a tourist boycott of Arizona that takes place in the middle of summer, when no one comes here anyway, is somewhat less than effective.

Gee, no one goes to the Grand Canyon in the summer? Are you sure? And all those rafts and things way down on the river, are they floating without human passengers? Ah, have you ever been to Hoover Damn? That bypass under construction wouldn't be necessary without the miles long backup of tourists in the summertime.

hey Wry....i hate to blow your little bubble about "boycotting".....90% of those who say they are going to "boycott"....go right back to doing what they were doing as soon as something else gets national attention....."boycotters" are some of the biggest phonies around....

Thanks so much for sharing. I can always count on Mr. Knowitall (LOL).

In case you haven't noticed, Wry likes to show off his hypocrisy. He's a proud hypocrite, for some reason. Go figure.

I'm confident PA won't pass the same law as did AZ. If they do I may chose to go to Cleveland and on to Detroit and see the Tigers. However, I suspect 1070 will spur some fedral action on immigation -and that will surely require strange bedfellows indeed.
The tone of your posts give me great understanding why your hubbie hit the road, you're truly a pain in the ass.

I'm confident PA won't pass the same law as did AZ. If they do I may chose to go to Cleveland and on to Detroit and see the Tigers. However, I suspect 1070 will spur some fedral action on immigation -and that will surely require strange bedfellows indeed.
The tone of your posts give me great understanding why your hubbie hit the road, you're truly a pain in the ass.

Fact is with the current anti illegal feelings in the country, Mr Obama and company may be hard pressed to get their immigration reform (aka amnesty) program to pass. I hope the hell it fails big time. We do not need immigration reform, we need immigration enforcement.

I wish stats would come out from this. There is so many people buying from AZ exclusively or at least more for enforcing the law, while there is also gobs of people not buying anything from AZ in order to protest it. A big swing in either direction could either be really bad or really good for the state.

Oh, give me a frigging break on the hyperliteralism. It just tells me you know you don't have a leg to stand on when all you can do is parse words like a teenager making excuses to Mommy.

Fact is with the current anti illegal feelings in the country, Mr Obama and company may be hard pressed to get their immigration reform (aka amnesty) program to pass. I hope the hell it fails big time. We do not need immigration reform, we need immigration enforcement.

Read a little history, I suggest Germany between 1931 and 1936 - hate and fear really works in bringing demagogues and populists into power. Be carful what you wish for.

Read a little history, I suggest Germany between 1931 and 1936 - hate and fear really works in bringing demagogues and populists into power. Be carful what you wish for.

mhmm. just like the Fear Mongering on Global Warming right? And all the Fear Mongering the Left had to do to pass the Stimulus Bill right? :eusa_eh:

Thanks so much for sharing. I can always count on Mr. Knowitall (LOL).

hey dude your the one acting like Arizona is going to suffer big time because of the so-called boycotts....by the summer the boycotters will be boycotting something else....and you will go back to Arizona sure as shit..even if this law stands....

All I am asking for is that we enforce our laws. I find nothing wring with the current immigration laws other than they are not enforced.

All I am asking for is that we enforce our laws. I find nothing wring with the current immigration laws other than they are not enforced.

Nor do I. You see, I have some experience with INS (now ICE). The agency was so overworked when we notified them we had someone in custody who here illegally we needed to leave a voice mail; rarely were they returned. Remember, it's your side of the aisle that wants small government, hate taxes and government employees.
Hey, I know. Let's privatize ICE, fire all the government employees and have Haliburton to do the job.

Nor do I. You see, I have some experience with INS (now ICE). The agency was so overworked when we notified them we had someone in custody who here illegally we needed to leave a voice mail; rarely were they returned. Remember, it's your side of the aisle that wants small government, hate taxes and government employees.
Hey, I know. Let's privatize ICE, fire all the government employees and have Haliburton to do the job.

Then why are you making such a big stink about AZ? All they are doing is enforcing the Federal laws because the feds won't do it.

Then why are you making such a big stink about AZ? All they are doing is enforcing the Federal laws because the feds won't do it.

Because I believe in the rule of the law. Consider, if you will:

The New Arizona Immigration Law Raises an Old Question: What is "Reasonable Suspicion"?

The New Arizona Immigration Law Raises an Old Question: What is "Reasonable Suspicion"?

The law is the law. If you are stopped for a broken tail light and cannot produce an ID, I would say that makes Reasonable suspicion. Just one small possible scenario.

You know, from my point of view as a law abiding citizen who knows there are people from all over the world trying to shit all over us, I wouldn't care what race I was; I'd gladly surrender some form of identification to the authorities if it helps them do their job. I have nothing to hide, and I want to see those that do gone. :neutral:

UOTE=SFC Ollie;2287593]

The law is the law. If you are stopped for a broken tail light and cannot produce an ID, I would say that makes Reasonable suspicion. Just one small possible scenario.[/QUOTE]

It's obvious you didn't veiw the link. That would be okay with me if your subsequent post wasn't an example of willfull ignorance (or just plain stupidity).

Forum List

Back