Boy Scouts win right to remain in building they built

Subsidize bigotry? How much taxpayer money goes to the scouts? Vs. The NAACP for instance?

Let's get real. If gay leaders were allowed to camp with the boys, how many parents would sign their kids up? Yeah I'm sure all those anti scout haters would be flooding the troops and volunteering their time. Not.

Their goal is not equal rights. Their goal is to destroy the organization. Which is exactly what would happen.

Gays are not pedophiles you dumbass redneck red herring whore.

A few loons aside, this had nothing to do with the Scouts being afraid gays were going to start raping little boys. It's just their religious beliefs, and you have to respect that if you want YOUR rights respected.

A few loons aside, this had nothing to do with the Scouts being afraid gays were going to start raping little boys. It's just their religious beliefs, and you have to respect that if you want YOUR rights respected.

Nobody is saying the Scouts cannot have their beliefs. The problem is they want to discriminate like a private organization but want the $$$$ benefit of a non-discriminatory group.

As for you claiming it is about "religious" beliefs......please don't further embarrass yourself.

Look, that other loon may be calling gays pedophiles or whatever, but I've been respectful to you, if you wish to have the conversation fine, if not, go fight with him, I'm not interested.

As for religious beliefs that is EXACTLY what it is.

As for the benefits or whatever, they built the buiiding , they own the building , they built in 1929 and have paid for ALL of the upkeep and maintenance. The ridiculous $200K a year rent figure is based off the value of the building . The city in effect wanted the Scouts to pay full market rent for a building that they themselves owned. What a joke.

The building is city owned on city owned property. Why doesn't the BSA want to be responsible and pay for what they are using? What kind of a lesson is it to teach to Scouts to use others' property for free? What is the "Religious" reason you keep alluding to but fail to clearly state?

Subsidize bigotry? How much taxpayer money goes to the scouts? Vs. The NAACP for instance?

Let's get real. If gay leaders were allowed to camp with the boys, how many parents would sign their kids up? Yeah I'm sure all those anti scout haters would be flooding the troops and volunteering their time. Not.

Their goal is not equal rights. Their goal is to destroy the organization. Which is exactly what would happen.

Spoken like a true hater. Where did you learn your values? Juvie?

I did not say they were pedophiles (although there have been a few) Girl Scouts arent permitted to camp with heterosexual males. Boy Scouts should not camp with homosexual men. It's inappropriate.

A person who supports organizations that promote good citizenship in young people is called a teacher, a parent, and a human being, not a "dumbass redneck red herring whore" .

Spoken like a true hater. Where did you learn your values? Juvie?

I did not say they were pedophiles (although there have been a few) Girl Scouts arent permitted to camp with heterosexual males. Boy Scouts should not camp with homosexual men. It's inappropriate.

A person who supports organizations that promote good citizenship in young people is called a teacher, a parent, and a human being, not a "dumbass redneck red herring whore" .

By that logic gay men should be in the Girl Scouts. Do you support that?

The BSA does not promote good citizenship by discriminating based on sexual orientation. It's inculcating bigotry into young minds. You're a dumbass redneck red herring whore because you tried to deflect by mentioning the NAACP. Then you make yourself look even more foolish by trying to claim the goal is to destroy the BSA. I make childish name calling posts but at least I'm not a hypocritical dishonest bigot.

No it was perfectly logical analogy. And let me tell you - most troops give back to the community far more than they accept. I could list tens of thousands of dollars our troop has raised and dozens of useful projects they have done for our area. In fact, during the snow storm they volunteered around the clock to assist the police with a shelter for senior citizens. The cost of public servants providing the same?

I am a practical person; not an idealogue. Our troop does not discuss gays. It's not an issue for ten year olds. But if people think that gay solidarity is more important than good citizenship, so be it. I don't disparage them either.

Most of the thugs, druggies, racists and bullies I know call the scouts "faggots". How ironic.

What...Not letting yourself get pushed around by a big bully is teaching the scouts a "wrong lesson"?

Interesting take on all this. Let's see - just exactly what is it the Boy Scouts are doing that is causing the city to attempt to evict them the building? It wouldn't have anything to do with excluding gay members from the otherwise "pure" ranks of the Scouts, now would it?

Golly, I sure hope not - because if that were the case, then that would put the Scouts in the position of being the big bully who is pushing others around, now wouldn't it?

They should not have to pay rent since they did pay for the building, but the lesson the boy scouts are teaching the children is wrong. My son will never be in the Boy Scouts.

They do not own the property the building sits on and that is the problem. If an organization wants the right to discriminate it should be prepared to pay for the rights they demand instead of asking all taxpayers to subsidize their bigotry. Fucking hypocrites.

The State does not have the right to penalize people or groups they disagree with.

What...Not letting yourself get pushed around by a big bully is teaching the scouts a "wrong lesson"?

Interesting take on all this. Let's see - just exactly what is it the Boy Scouts are doing that is causing the city to attempt to evict them the building? It wouldn't have anything to do with excluding gay members from the otherwise "pure" ranks of the Scouts, now would it?

Golly, I sure hope not - because if that were the case, then that would put the Scouts in the position of being the big bully who is pushing others around, now wouldn't it?

The city does not have the legal right to punish a PRIVATE Organization because they disagree with them. Pretty simple concept.

The city does not have the legal right to punish a PRIVATE Organization because they disagree with them. Pretty simple concept.

Which, of course, begs the question regarding whether the BSA is on solid ground when it excludes gays.

And that's what the Court ruled. Many times over I might add.

The BSA position on gays and atheists has nothing to do with the children. Its about the adults It's a shame that selfish grownups would rather prove a fucking point than to balance the good these kids do. I teach high school. Aside from a few religious youth groups (which may discriminate), a black youth group at school (which some see as dicriminatory) and the NHS (which discriminates against dumb kids), no other organizations are preparing young people to give back to their communities. So I guess we should just let kids do their own thing?

Moral relativists hate do-gooders.

No it was perfectly logical analogy. And let me tell you - most troops give back to the community far more than they accept. I could list tens of thousands of dollars our troop has raised and dozens of useful projects they have done for our area. In fact, during the snow storm they volunteered around the clock to assist the police with a shelter for senior citizens. The cost of public servants providing the same?

I am a practical person; not an idealogue. Our troop does not discuss gays. It's not an issue for ten year olds. But if people think that gay solidarity is more important than good citizenship, so be it. I don't disparage them either.

Most of the thugs, druggies, racists and bullies I know call the scouts "faggots". How ironic.

You are a thug, druggy, bully, racist, and homophobic. The Boy Scouts are teaching hypocrisy and homophobia but since you love both you'll say anything you want and your bullshit little snow storm anecdotes are worthless. If it's not an issue for ten year olds why do homophobic bitches like you support banning gays from the BSA? Your hypocrisy is dripping off you like sand on a Florida beach.

Holy fuck man. Would it kill you to get the facts on just one thread before shooting off your ignorance like a pre-Fourth of July practice flare? The problem isn't that they discriminate. The problem is they do it while being on government own property. Since it is a PRIVATE organization then let them pay for the property they are using. What kind of dumbass Liberals are you to demand people get to use government property for free?

The City allows non-profit groups in that land free use on the condition they don't discriminate. The BSA whiny bigots want it both ways. They want it for free and want to piss on the Constitution while doing it. Let them pay for use of the government property then they can be bigots all they want.

You are a thug, druggy, bully, racist, and homophobic. The Boy Scouts are teaching hypocrisy and homophobia but since you love both you'll say anything you want and your bullshit little snow storm anecdotes are worthless. If it's not an issue for ten year olds why do homophobic bitches like you support banning gays from the BSA? Your hypocrisy is dripping off you like sand on a Florida beach.

Hey moronic asshole? What right do you have to dictate to a private organization? And remember if while your in power you think it is ok then be prepared when the other side is in power to suffer the same xonsequences.

Hey moronic asshole? What right do you have to dictate to a private organization? And remember if while your in power you think it is ok then be prepared when the other side is in power to suffer the same xonsequences.

Hey cocksucking ignorant dumbass ****. I don't give a shit who they want to discriminate against as long as they aren't demanding everyone else pays for their bigotry. They want to ban gays? Fine. But pay for the property they are using. Liberal fuckwads like you are a joke because you don't understand basic common sense.

The scout's anti-gay position remains supremely ironic considering putting one's son in the boy scouts is about the gayest thing you could do to him.

True story. :thup:

Thanks for proving my point mani. There are some folks who want to destroy the scouts because they perceive them as anti-gay and others who hate them because they think they're gay.

Ah tolerance...

How about if people allow others to raise their kids as they see fit and not insult those who choose differently? Isn't that what the gays are all about? Hypocrites.

Thanks for proving my point mani. There are some folks who want to destroy the scouts because they perceive them as anti-gay and others who hate them because they think they're gay.

Ah tolerance...

How about if people allow others to raise their kids as they see fit and not insult those who choose differently? Isn't that what the gays are all about? Hypocrites.

I don't want to destroy the scouts, nor do I hate them or hate gays.

Stop projecting please. :eusa_hand:

you're a dope

A Philadelphia jury has ruled in favor of the Boy Scouts, meaning they will not be evicted from their home or forced to pay rent, at least for now.

Outside the courthouse, a lawyer for the Boy Scouts, Jason Gosselin, told Fox News the Scouts won on the most important issue, that of First Amendment rights. The jury found the city posed an unconstitutional condition on the organization by asking it to pay $200,000 annual rent on property it was leasing for a dollar a year, in a building the Scouts built and paid for themselves, all because the city felt the Scouts were in violation of Philadelphia's anti-discrimination laws.
Boy Scouts Win Battle in Court Liveshots

Common sense and decency prevails in Philadelphia. At least today. :clap2:

I'm not sure I agree, chanel. It's a bit disturbing to me that the Boy Scouts discriminates against gay youth as well as adults. I'm not at all sympathetic to the homophobic rejection of would-be gay scout troop leaders, but I can live with it. I wasn't aware, however, that the organization was asking children about their sexual orientation and rejecting those it deems "gay".

That seems terribly cruel to me.
Yes...what is up with that? Why the hell are they even asking?

Boy Scouts Win Battle in Court Liveshots

Common sense and decency prevails in Philadelphia. At least today. :clap2:

I'm not sure I agree, chanel. It's a bit disturbing to me that the Boy Scouts discriminates against gay youth as well as adults. I'm not at all sympathetic to the homophobic rejection of would-be gay scout troop leaders, but I can live with it. I wasn't aware, however, that the organization was asking children about their sexual orientation and rejecting those it deems "gay".

That seems terribly cruel to me.
Yes...what is up with that? Why the hell are they even asking?

they aren't. they never have. sorry to disappoint.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...ZGx5qa&sig=AHIEtbR6mlP4cQ5OuohedrzdEinClW77hg

Forum List

Back