Boy, Are Americans Not Overtaxed

That's not what I said. The complaint is that the top 20% of taxpayers pay 60% of the taxes. They OWN 93% of the wealth in the country. Shouldn't it then translate that they pay more of the taxes?

Actually, no. Do they pay more for a gallon of gas? By what logic do you pay more for a service just because you have more cash in the bank?

We have about 2 dozen Jim Jones types in here who best be not making any plans for trips into the mountains come late fall. Those cliff diving incidents get quite hideous.

Hey skook. If you are wrong (and it is possible you are) will you lead the mass suicide of the right wing whack jobs (including you) on this board? Please?

"I want the people of America to be able to work less for the government and more for themselves. I want them to have the rewards of their own industry. This is the chief meaning of freedom. Until we can reestablish a condition under which the earnings of the people can be kept by the people, we are bound to suffer a very severe and distinct curtailment of our liberty."President Calvin Coolidge

And then history said, see what happens when people work only for themselves or does history say something else more complicated, but still history then lead, as it did in 2008, to a failure of capitalism, but history doesn't call it capitalism or anything else, it just is and so while Coolidge and Hoover lead to the great depression and Reagan Bush and Clinton lead to the great recession, still history moves and now history is again adjusting itself...

I only watched a bit of this video but the ideas of the bit I watched were fascinating. I may actually have some important to say if you have time. Mix of Greek and English. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxPo-lInk]DEBTOCRACY (FULL - ENG Subs) - YouTube[/ame]

"Americans may have elected a Republican president and Congress, but they are unlikely to go back to a world in which one illness can devastate their last years or one storm can destroy their lives. Because government is the one institution that allows us some control over our future, conservatism, which distrusts government so much, is best viewed as a natural counter to liberalism, which, if left unchecked, tends towards wasteful bureaucracy. Indeed, as the Bush administration fully proves, conservatism remains a force of opposition even when it purports to be a governance party. And so the best that can be hoped for is that American voters will do for conservatives what they are unable to do themselves: to vote them out of office." "Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

"I want the people of America to be able to work less for the government and more for themselves. I want them to have the rewards of their own industry. This is the chief meaning of freedom. Until we can reestablish a condition under which the earnings of the people can be kept by the people, we are bound to suffer a very severe and distinct curtailment of our liberty."President Calvin Coolidge

And then history said, see what happens when people work only for themselves or does history say something else more complicated, but still history then lead, as it did in 2008, to a failure of capitalism, but history doesn't call it capitalism or anything else, it just is and so while Coolidge and Hoover lead to the great depression and Reagan Bush and Clinton lead to the great recession, still history moves and now history is again adjusting itself...

I only watched a bit of this video but the ideas of the bit I watched were fascinating. I may actually have some important to say if you have time. Mix of Greek and English. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpxPo-lInk]DEBTOCRACY (FULL - ENG Subs) - YouTube[/ame]

"Americans may have elected a Republican president and Congress, but they are unlikely to go back to a world in which one illness can devastate their last years or one storm can destroy their lives. Because government is the one institution that allows us some control over our future, conservatism, which distrusts government so much, is best viewed as a natural counter to liberalism, which, if left unchecked, tends towards wasteful bureaucracy. Indeed, as the Bush administration fully proves, conservatism remains a force of opposition even when it purports to be a governance party. And so the best that can be hoped for is that American voters will do for conservatives what they are unable to do themselves: to vote them out of office." "Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

omg..
Because government is the one institution that allows us some control over our future,

YOU the people control YOUR future, or at least that was how it used to be.

Last edited:
So the argument is that because rates have decreased slightly and Obama and the government has done NOTHING to help the middle class then obviously we are taxed too little. What a crock of liberal BS. What exactly is the rate that this person thinks we should be taxed at? How much should the rich pay until it is fair? 100 percent would that then be fair? If the government can't take 25 percent out of the economy and make ends meet then they need to be reformed and the democrats with Obama have proved beyond doubt they are not up to the task.

2008 was not a failure of capitalism it was a failure of government programs that allowed greedy banks to do stupid things. The government set up a system doomed to failure and it failed and now people are surprised, amazing. IF the government would have made those who acted stupidly to take the consequences of their actions we all would have ended up better off but no, because of the government the fat cats were taken care of completely in oppostion to capitalism. Goverment, fail.

That's not what I said. The complaint is that the top 20% of taxpayers pay 60% of the taxes. They OWN 93% of the wealth in the country. Shouldn't it then translate that they pay more of the taxes?

Actually, no. Do they pay more for a gallon of gas? By what logic do you pay more for a service just because you have more cash in the bank?

Poor analogy. The way it works now is that the wealthy get more of the gas and pay LESS for it.

Poor analogy. The way it works now is that the wealthy get more of the gas and pay LESS for it.
There's a discount for the rich at the pump?

Isn't that the moonbat meme?

If moonbat equals right wing fringe then yes. And it's obviously incorrect.
Urban Dictionary: moonbat

Derogatory term for a liberal activist, implying that s/he is a lunatic.

Well then to answer your question. No, that's the exact opposite of the 'moonbat' meme. I'm pretty sure it you and your pals who continually chastise the poor in this country and those moochers who "don't pay taxes".

If moonbat equals right wing fringe then yes. And it's obviously incorrect.
Urban Dictionary: moonbat

Derogatory term for a liberal activist, implying that s/he is a lunatic.

Well then to answer your question. No, that's the exact opposite of the 'moonbat' meme. I'm pretty sure it you and your pals who continually chastise the poor in this country and those moochers who "don't pay taxes".

I have yet to use the word moocher that is you attempting to put words in my mouth and failing.

And yes the Left libby argument is that the people who pay no income taxes are too poor to do so.

I don't see how you can deny that.

Izzatafact?

Any inside info on what the pump price is if I swipe my "rich dude" card at the Shell station?

Izzatafact?

Any inside info on what the pump price is if I swipe my "rich dude" card at the Shell station?
:lol: See, that's what I was asking about. Where do I get this application for the Rich Dude card?

By Jared Bernstein

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) just released a very thorough update of their high quality household income series, adding data through 2009. There's so much in here it will be weeks before I can work my way through all of its nooks and crannies, but so far, something's jumped out at me.

First, man, I gotta say: when it comes to federal taxation, there is just no case in the data to be made in any way, shape or form that we Americans are overtaxed. Not middle income, not high income -- not the overall average. Not relative to other countries (figure 4 here), and not relative to our historical rates back to 1979.

The top line in the first figure below shows the decline in the overall average federal tax rate for all households. The rate is relatively constant at around 22% from 1979 to the big tax cuts of the George W. Bush years (the ones we're still arguing about!), when they start to slide; the decline at the end of the series is both cyclical and policy driven, as pretax income declines in the Great Recession and Recovery Act tax cuts lowered tax liabilities.

By the end of the series, the average U.S. household was paying 17.4% of their income in federal taxes, compared to 22% in 1979. The main culprit is the income tax; all the others in the figure stay relatively constant.

More: Jared Bernstein: Boy, Are Americans Not Overtaxed

CBO | The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2008 and 2009

You should redo your thread to read:

Why the 47% that pay zero federal income taxes are not overtaxed.

And I'm quite certain you're a forty-seven per-center.

Izzatafact?

I think the liberal mantra is that the rich pay less as a percentage of income and that is just downright unfair. The rich can afford mansions and that just ain't fair to the minimum wage worker, unless of course that rich person works in Hollywood or is President.

Wow.. how does this work in practice? I wanna get in on the action!

Izzatafact?

FUNNY: Eddie Murphy Goes Undercover As A White Man (VIDEO) | VA$HTIE hite-man-video/

Forum List

Back