Bowe Bergdahl: Considering the Evidence before us

your point?

must be nice to be able to be critical of anyone in uniform while hiding in your basement.....i dont know what happened with this young man ...i do know at one time he was willing to step up and defend his country....more action than you have taken....btw...and then something went terribly wrong....

i do not expect to hear the truth from the government...we never have why expect it now...

pat tillman

My point? Is that there is evidence pointing to Bergdahl being a traitor, to disgracing the uniform he wore. My father served, Bones. Desert Storm. Just about everyone on my side of the family from WWII on served, Dead or Alive. So forgive me, but I have a very unique perspective on the matter.

You have a disingenuous, partisan ‘perspective’ on the matter.

And you are the most disingenuous, hypocritical person on this board. How dare you.....

And if he went AWOL back then don't you think the Military would know it and if they knew it, why didn't them put him as AWOL and stop promoting him every couple of years? I mean, if he was nuts, you say they would have known it...yet they didnt know enough to say this guy was AWOL?

Doesn't make sense to me....???

BTW, you can be absolutely nuts, but still not be violent...

and I don't know if this guy was nuts, or just a conscientious objector, or was harassed by his fellow soldiers because he was a Muslim or father was a Muslim against the war, and had a breakdown, or he was an outright traitor....with intentions to hurt us all....?

None of us will know until evidence is tested before a court of law and this man has his trial....right now most of the so called "evidence" is just hearsay, with only one side, (ret. sgt evan Buetow) spreading the story to every news outlet that was 'arranged' for him to speak to....

No matter what, the phrase "served with honor and distinction" is reserved for those that do. One who goes AWOL is known as one who did NOT serve with honor.

No matter what, he was never a POW. He was a hostage. He was no different than a businessman who ignores the US directive to stay OUT OF a military zone if not directly involved in US government or military operations.

Should we trade criminals for businessmen who ignore the mandate and are captured due to their own selfish decisions?

Or will you ALSO not answer that question that I have asked no less than 5 times.
you are WRONG on him not being a POW though

prisoner of war

noun a person who is captured and held by an enemy during war, especially a member of the armed forces. Abbreviation: POW
HE WAS a POW. period.

To be a ''hostage'' if held captive, is when those holding the hostage are not at war with us....

I think they're trying to claim he's like the hostages that Reagan negotiated with the terrorists to get released.

Some of you need to remind yourselves that war is not that game you play on your computer.

I am 100% aware of that I assure you. Sgt. Bunghole did not have a mental breakdown. we now have evidence that he sought out the Taliban in order to work for the enemy to kill US troops. Hang him. He does not rate a firing squad.

i will presume you are thinking in terms of "ye olde tyme" tradition of shooting only true battlefield combatants......, and hanging the cowards ? :up:

He was not a POW, not even the Pentagon classified him as one.

— After disappearing in eastern Afghanistan in June 2009, Bergdahl was listed by the Pentagon on July 1, 2009, as “duty status whereabouts unknown.” Two days later his status was changed to “missing/captured,” and it did not change again prior to his release.
Bergdahl Never Listed By Pentagon As Prisoner Of War « CBS DC
no American soldier captured in Afghanistan is labeled a POW, they are not using that term, even if they are prisoners of our enemy whom we are at war with....

The Pentagon defines “missing/captured” as a member of the armed forces who has been “seized as the result of action of an unfriendly military or paramilitary force in a foreign country.” Some would say that amounts to being a POW. For purposes of reporting and recording the status of service members, the Pentagon some years ago stopped using the term “prisoner of war,” although it awards a POW Medal for eligible service members and it has a Defense POW/Missing Persons Office.

— After disappearing in eastern Afghanistan in June 2009, Bergdahl was listed by the Pentagon on July 1, 2009, as “duty status whereabouts unknown.” Two days later his status was changed to “missing/captured,” and it did not change again prior to his release.
no American soldier captured in Afghanistan is labeled a POW, they are not using that term, even if they are prisoners of our enemy whom we are at war with....

The Pentagon defines “missing/captured” as a member of the armed forces who has been “seized as the result of action of an unfriendly military or paramilitary force in a foreign country.” Some would say that amounts to being a POW. For purposes of reporting and recording the status of service members, the Pentagon some years ago stopped using the term “prisoner of war,” although it awards a POW Medal for eligible service members and it has a Defense POW/Missing Persons Office.

Jessica Lynch and those captured with here were labeled POW's.

I went to school with Joseph Hudson, the only guy I ever saw with a POW Ribbon.

His shit was legit.

Bergdahl's isn't.

June 27, 2009: Bergdahl sends a final e-mail to his parents, indicating that he was "ashamed to be an American."

Indeed, let's look at the facts

1- War Criminal Bush lied us into wars

2- The US has murdered, maimed and antagonized Muslims in order to support the Jewish State

Go Bowe!

Col, Karen Kwiatkowski, USAF, Retd

Lied us into Afghanistan?

I usually agree with you, but I'm disgusted with this post.

Still doesn't make them a POW, now does it? You're forgetting something. He willfully gave himself over to the Taliban.

June 27, 2009: Bergdahl sends a final e-mail to his parents, indicating that he was "ashamed to be an American."

2- The US has murdered, maimed and antagonized Muslims in order to support the Jewish State

Go Bowe!

What is your major malfunction? Rooting for a traitor? Very disturbing to say the least. It's interesting, your views of the Jews. Terrorists have maimed, murdered and antagonized others who don't support them. In the name of Islam. They want to kill Jews most specifically.

And how can you root for a libertarian, when you begrudge the individual rights of the Jewish people? That isn't what libertarians do.

An Obama administration official has floated the idea that Bowe Bergdahl was justified in deserting his platoon in Afghanistan and joining the Taliban over disagreements with the platoon's leadership. Brandon Friedman, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs for the Department of Housing and Urban Development posted a series of tweets Wednesday evening in which he speculated that Bergdahl deserted over bad leadership of his platoon and that is why his fellow soldiers were smearing him."Here's the thing about Bergdahl and the Jump-to-Conclusions mats: What if his platoon was long on psychopaths and short on leadership? (1/5)"" What if he grew...

575x819xfriedman-dc-.jpg.pagespeed.ic.z1DnIpfzqz.jpg

Go Bowe!

Lied us into Afghanistan?

I usually agree with you, but I'm disgusted with this post.

What was the REAL reason for the invasion of Afghanistan?

If there was EVIDENCE of wrongdoing by certain individually then the administration should have used the the authority to issue "Letters of Marque and Reprisal" instead of the shocking and awing foreign policy.

Go Bowe!

What is your major malfunction? Rooting for a traitor? Very disturbing to say the least. It's interesting, your views of the Jews. Terrorists have maimed, murdered and antagonized others who don't support them. In the name of Islam. They want to kill Jews most specifically.

And how can you root for a libertarian, when you begrudge the individual rights of the Jewish people? That isn't what libertarians do.

So much bullshit so little time.

The Zionists had no right to steal the Palestinian Arabs lands and then terrorized them into submission.

read about the History of Palestine since 1925 then repost.

Go Bowe!

So much bullshit so little time.

The Zionists had no right to steal the Palestinian Arabs lands and then terrorized them into submission.

read about the History of Palestine since 1925 then repost.

You just barked up the wrooooong tree.

I've studied Jewish history. A lot. I know folks like you are quite familiar with the work of propaganda known as the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion."

Anywho, Arabs were selling tracts of land to the Jews. Freely throughout the 1920's. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem at the time, Haj Amin al-Husseini was a Nazi conspirator, unknown to the British Commissioners who appointed him in accordance with the Balfour Declaration (aka, the White Papers). In 1929, he incited the Arab Revolt, to massacre Jews in their settlements, the same settlements they purchased from the Palestinian-Arabs. On top of that, he used a report by the Peel Commission to further incite violence. He wasn't opposed to just killing Zionists, but Jews altogether. He slew those who belonged to old dhimmi communities, who weren't even Zionists at all. He and his allies killed 300 Jews.

Essentially, the Jews have been in Israel for well over 3,700 years. Long before the Palestinians ever set foot into it.

Last edited:
There is convincing evidence that Bergdalh is a deserter. For what it's worth, this is how I view the evidence.

FACT: According to members of Bergdahl's platoon, “About a week or two before he left he mailed some of his stuff home, including his Apple laptop. He sent that home to his parents. That didn't seem suspicious to us at the time, but it made sense after the fact.” Two former Bowe Bergdahl platoon-mates say he put 'thousands' in danger | Mail Online

CONCLUSION: This was the first sign that Bergdahl planed to leave and not come back. Lots of soldiers mail things home (things such as books they've read) but a laptop computer is a prized possession not to be parted with.

FACT: Three days before he deserted his platoon, Bergdhal sent his father an Email in which he expressed his contempt for the United States and for the military. These are his words: “I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid. … I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools …. I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.” The bizarre tale of America?s last known POW | New York Post

CONCLUSION: Although establishing motivation is not necessary to prove the crime of desertion Bergdahl tells everyone that his hatred of the United States and his contempt for the military was the reason for leaving his platoon.

FACT: “Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life. He slipped off the remote military outpost in Paktika Province on the border with Pakistan and took with him a soft backpack, water, knives, a notebook and writing materials, but left behind his body armor and weapons — startling, given the hostile environment around his outpost.” http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/u...idaho-pow-vanished-angered-his-unit.html?_r=0

CONCLUSION: This note is a complete confession to the crime of desertion. The note and the fact he walked away from his post is all the evidence necessary to convict him. Desertion is not a minor infraction of the rules, ladies and gentlemen. It is a crime punishable by death.

FACT: There is no evidence that Bergdahl was captured but there is at least some evidence that he actually sought the Taliban. According to former Army Sgt. Evan Buetow, the team leader the night Bergdahl disappeared, “Within days of his disappearance, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He's looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban. I heard it straight from the interpreter's lips as he heard it over the radio. There's a lot more to this story than a soldier walking away." CNN: Intercepted Radio Chatter Indicated Bergdahl Sought Contact With Taliban - Guy Benson

CONCLUSION: There is no doubt that the American in question was Bergdahl. This suggest he was not captured but instead took deliberate steps to meet with the Taliban.

FACT: An official investigation conducted by the Pentagon in 2010 concluded that Bergdahl had abandoned his platoon. Two former Bowe Bergdahl platoon-mates say he put 'thousands' in danger | Mail Online

CONCLUSION: Case closed. Bergdahl is a deserter. Accept it and move on.

Bergdahl is not only a deserter but also a liar. He claimed to have been captured when he lagged behind members of his patrol, However, according to members of his platoon that was a lie.

“Bergdahl was relieved from guard duty, and instead of going to sleep, he fled the outpost on foot …. There wasn’t any other explanation — he must have intentionally left the guys in his unit behind.” Bergdahl Accused by at Least a Dozen Soldiers and Bereaved Family Members | National Review Online

“But, on the day Bergdahl disappeared, June 30, 2009, there was in fact no patrol, according to other soldiers who were there. On that night, instead of patrolling, they slept in the earthen bunkers of OP Mest, an outpost scraped from a hillside in Afghanistan’s rugged and remote Paktika Province.” Bowe Bergdahl: Perspective of a Marine in Afghanistan | New Republic

“Make no mistake: Bergdahl did not 'lag behind on a patrol,' as was cited in news reports at the time. There was no patrol that night. Bergdahl was relieved from guard duty, and instead of going to sleep, he fled the outpost on foot. He deserted. I’ve talked to members of Bergdahl’s platoon—including the last Americans to see him before his capture. I’ve reviewed the relevant documents. That’s what happened.” We Lost Soldiers in the Hunt for Bergdahl, a Guy Who Walked Off in the Dead of Night - The Daily Beast

Further, every man and woman who served in the military knows that if Bergdahl had gone missing during a patrol it would have been reported as soon as the patrol returned to base. The fact that no such report was made proves it never happened.

Based on the evidence, I am convinced Bergdahl deserted his post. This is the man that Obama elected to honor in the White House. This is the man that Susan Rice said “served with honor and distinction.” Maybe some of you guys and gals can figure this one out. I sure as hell can't. Frankly, I think the entire Obama administration is looney tunes.

I really don't care about all the crap Republicans are inventing out of thin air about this guy.

I'll believe the investigation when it's concluded instead of right-wing bloggers who act as if they have all the secret info on Bergdahl.

If Bergdahl were left in Afghanistan, it's predictable that Republicans would be accusing Obama of "letting a soldier rot and die" over there. So we can expect pretty cheap politics from them no matter what the outcome was going to be for this guy.

In the end, Obama trades 5 for 1 American. I think that brings Obama's total to about 8 of people released back to their home countries. How many did Bush set free and receive nothing in exchange? 450? 500? More?

Ironic, the outrage over 5 compared to 500 released by neo-cons.

Forum List

Back