'Bout 37 hours left.. Time to see how many folks are brain-washed

Redz said:
look dude all i'm saying is whats right and whats wrong depends on your point of view. same goes for whats true or false,its all about perpective. it just something to keep in mind.

That's what the Nazis told themselves. And after millions of dead from the holocaust its nice to know you have the same perspective on right and wrong.

MtnBiker said:
That's what the Nazis told themselves. And after millions of dead from the holocaust its nice to know you have the same perspective on right and wrong.
some things are clearly wrong, these are things that everybody can agree on, like killing people .whereas other things like liberalism, gay marriage, taxes, foreign policy,facts from a battlefeild, muslims,rap music, internet etc are the subject of so much disagreement that it is impossible to say for sure that they are wrong or right, good or evil. i'm saying that claiming that you know the true, the good in these areas, just seems a bit foolish when the general population is divided on the issue. we have all been wrong at least once before. seems pretty reasonable to me! :scratch:

Fmr jarhead said:
Please explain to me how hacking off the head of a civilian contractor is right (in any way shape or form).

I know how and why it is wrong....please use some of your insight to show me how it is right (since it is only a matter of perspective....ah, and you ought not try and tell that to Daniel Pearle's family...or Nick Berg or any of the others who have been on the receiving end of the butcher knife.)

Good question!

MtnBiker said:
Good question!
see my response for the nazi post. look by saying things are complicated and that things are not always black and white DOES NOT mean that i'm a terrorist supporter or a nazi supporter. it just means that i think things are more complicated than the government or the media tell us they are.

Nothing complicated about saying a brutal beheading with a knife of an innocent person is not right.

And broadcasting the images of the beheading for terrorist reasons to boot!

Redz said:
see my response for the nazi post. look by saying things are complicated and that things are not always black and white DOES NOT mean that i'm a terrorist supporter or a nazi supporter. it just means that i think things are more complicated than the government or the media tell us they are.

"things are too complicated" is usually the statement libs use to stifle discussion and squelch decisive action. It's an excuse to avoid drawing conclusions. It's symptomatic of a deeper moral relativism which is infecting our society.

MtnBiker said:
Nothing complicated about saying a brutal beheading with a knife of an innocent person is not right.

And broadcasting the images of the beheading for terrorist reasons to boot!
Yes i agree with this, i said all killing is wrong!

rtwngAvngr said:
"things are too complicated" is usually the statement libs use to stifle discussion and squelch decisive action. It's an excuse to avoid drawing conclusions. It's symptomatic of a deeper moral relativism which is infecting our society.
saying "i know the truth" equally stifles debate. decisive action is a rash mistake if you pick the wrong course of action. yes moral relativism is infecting our society, i am a moral relativist, but it is spreading because it is a modern realistic, honest and pragmatic approach to morality.

Redz said:
saying "i know the truth" equally stifles debate. decisive action is a rash mistake if you pick the wrong course of action. yes moral relativism is infecting our society, i am a moral relativist, but it is spreading because it is a modern realistic, honest and pragmatic approach to morality.

And very inneffective!!!!!!!!!

Redz said:

But some truths are verifiable. Moral relativism is a way that libs and other government lovers attempt to convince people to turn off their own judgement and rationality. It's a bunch of hooey.

Redz-- "all killing is wrong"? that sounds like black and white thinking. What about your beloved shades of gray?

Redz said:
yes for example the millions who died in iraq because of american supported un sanctions, the economic ruin visited on iraq and cuba. sanctions can and are effective because they cost nations money and sadly thats all that counts

i am not impling that, i'm just impling that the notion of preemptive strike is flawed and will lead to political chaos if other nations start doing it.

good that saddams gone,but now there is just a lawless mess of country perfect for loads of terrorists to go to. its terrorist disney land!

when? did they ever actually attack american soil?
wool communist... Screw you Irish you wouldn't even fight in WWII..

phadras said:
wool communist... Screw you Irish you wouldn't even fight in WWII..
nah i ain't a commie
we secretly supported the allied effort, due to past problems with england, direct support was politically impossible
reeducation for all nazis and racists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mm:

rtwngAvngr said:
Redz-- "all killing is wrong"? that sounds like black and white thinking. What about your beloved shades of gray?
as i said killing is believed to be wrong by the vast majority of mankind, thats what makes it black and white.

Forum List

Back