Glendronach 18
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
MacAllan 12
MacAllan 18
Oban 14
Oban Distillers Edition
Tullibardine 15

I have Buffalo Trace bourbon.

I would love to get my hands on a Pappy van Winkle, but good luck with that.

What's the matter with you?

Single-malt scotch is outstanding.

My current inventory.

Bruichladdich 16
Bunnahabhain 12
Costco Kirkland 18
Costco Kirkland 20
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers Edition
Edradour 10
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
MacAllan 12
MacAllan 18
Oban 14
Oban Distillers Edition
Tullibardine 15

It's a matter of personal preference. To me scotch (single malt whiskey) tastes worse than moonshine. It tastes like iodine smells. Anyway it seems that tradition determines the name of the whisky. Bourbon is whisky and scotch is whisky but whisky can't be called bourbon unless it's made in the US and whisky can't be called scotch unless it's made in Scotland. It seems that bourbon is essentially the same as whisky but somehow whiskey distillers can't use the name bourbon.

Whiskey is the general term for any spirit distilled from a grain mash.

Bourbon is a type of whiskey as is Scotch,

So I don't know what you're ranting about,

I'll stick with my Irish whiskey. I'm partial to Bushmill's, especially the Black. Tastes great and doesn't break the bank.

I have some single malt scotch, but its not my thing.

Bourbon is whiskey, and I prefer it over Scotch whiskey or Irish whiskey. The high end Jim Beam (BLACK and DEVIL'S CUT) are gloriously complex. Not a fan of J Daniel's, it's too harsh. And I drink all my whiskey neat, like a real man.

Last edited:
Bourbon is whiskey, and I prefer it over Scotch whiskey or Irish whiskey. The high end Jim Beam is gloriously complex. Not a fan of J Daniel's, it's too harsh. And I drink all my whiskey neat, like a real man.

I bought a set of whiskey stones a while back. I like that I can have my whiskey chilled without watering it down.

But drink your favorites because its what you like. Being a "real man" is not about what you drink or how you drink it.

Bourbon is whiskey, and I prefer it over Scotch whiskey or Irish whiskey. The high end Jim Beam is gloriously complex. Not a fan of J Daniel's, it's too harsh. And I drink all my whiskey neat, like a real man.

I bought a set of whiskey stones a while back. I like that I can have my whiskey chilled without watering it down.

But drink your favorites because its what you like. Being a "real man" is not about what you drink or how you drink it.

I was bloviating on the "real man" stuff, friend. I like it neat and tepid. I've tried rocks but the cold and dilution don't do it for me. Cuz I'm a real man.

I was bloviating on the "real man" stuff, friend. I like it neat and tepid. I've tried rocks but the cold and dilution don't do it for me. Cuz I'm a real man.

Oh ok. My mistake. I just get tired of all the wannabes trying to tell everyone what a "real man" does or doesn't do.

I like my whiskey chilled by not watered. The stones do it for me.

No difference except that snobs prefer bourbon.

Bourbon IS whiskey. It is a Kentucky product.

2. While bourbon was born in Kentucky and much of it is still made there today, bourbon doesn’t have to come from Bourbon County or the Bluegrass State. What makes bourbon bourbon, according to the Federal Standards of Identity of Distilled Spirits, is this:

- It’s made in the U.S.
- It’s distilled from a grain mix that is at least 51 percent corn.
- It’s aged in new, oak barrels that have been charred.
- It’s distilled to no more than 160 proof (more on that in a minute), put into the barrel for aging at 125 proof or below and bottled at 80 proof or higher.

Bourbon that meets those standards, and has been aged for at least two years can be labeled straight bourbon.

Read the full text here: 7 Things You Should Know About Bourbon | Mental Floss
--brought to you by mental_floss!

7 Things You Should Know About Bourbon | Mental Floss

Single malt Scottish whiskey is smooth, but I will always choose a good bourbon over it. I'm a KY girl. My Scots Irish roots go back much farther than KY! A good bourbon has a much better flavor, IMO. I'm not a fan of Maker's Mark. I think Very Old Barton is better, more mellow. Jack Daniels is whiskey, but not bourbon. I don't care at all for Jack Daniels.

Oh ok. My mistake. I just get tired of all the wannabes trying to tell everyone what a "real man" does or doesn't do.

I guess I'm not a real man. I'll take it chilled or on the rocks. Never watered. Except for a mint julep.

Hennessy-VS.jpg

This is how I roll.

What's the matter with you?

Single-malt scotch is outstanding.

My current inventory.

Bruichladdich 16
Bunnahabhain 12
Costco Kirkland 18
Costco Kirkland 20
Clynelish 14
Clynelish Distillers Edition
Edradour 10
Glendronach 12
Glendronach 15
Glendronach 18
MacAllan 12
MacAllan 18
Oban 14
Oban Distillers Edition
Tullibardine 15

It's a matter of personal preference. To me scotch (single malt whiskey) tastes worse than moonshine. It tastes like iodine smells. Anyway it seems that tradition determines the name of the whisky. Bourbon is whisky and scotch is whisky but whisky can't be called bourbon unless it's made in the US and whisky can't be called scotch unless it's made in Scotland. It seems that bourbon is essentially the same as whisky but somehow whiskey distillers can't use the name bourbon.

See my earlier post. There are certain rules that have to be followed in order to call it bourbon.

I keep my bourbon in the freezer. It doesn't freeze. I may have a snort later tonight, now that I'm thinking about it.

Crown straight up or on the rocks depending on the outside temps.
Dont care for the Black,XR or all the other new ones. And the crown maple is absolutely disgusting.

Crown...the best thing to ever come out of canada.

Booker's, neat and slightly heated (via hand warming of glass)

Booker's is the smoothest and BEST bourbon you'll ever drink. If you haven't had it, try it. Everything else taste's cheap after you've experienced Bookers. If you water it down or have it over rocks you'll ruin it (my opinion) If your a cowboy and prefer your bourbon neat look no further. It’s an uncut, unfiltered, barrel proof bourbon.
Baker's is pretty decent though.

I guess I'm not a real man. I'll take it chilled or on the rocks. Never watered. Except for a mint julep.

A real man drinks whatever the hell he wants.

Forum List

Back