Bottom for Google?

usmbtech

VIP Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 7, 2008
USA
Google is up almost 10% today, I'm thinking $250 could be a bottom. Thats the same level I bought the stock at a few years ago when it seemed everyone was against it. This stock also hit almost $400 just a few weeks ago when they reported a good quarter. Do you think it can get back there before the end of the year?

Google is up almost 10% today, I'm thinking $250 could be a bottom. Thats the same level I bought the stock at a few years ago when it seemed everyone was against it. This stock also hit almost $400 just a few weeks ago when they reported a good quarter. Do you think it can get back there before the end of the year?

Please don't talk to me about Google. I bought it at $330.

Happened upon this article today while I was scrounging around for downgrades.

Google (GOOG) Finally Gets A "SELL" Rating!
Henry Blodget | November 24, 2008 11:34 AM

Finally, we've reached the first real sign of a bottom in Google's stock price: A sell-side analyst now rates the stock "SELL." Most of the Street is still bullish, so we probably need a few more frustrated sorry-I-blew-you-up downgrades before we reach the bottom, but this is definitely encouraging.

Merriman Curhan Ford analyst
Richard Fetyko, via Barrons:

Click volume and search ad pricing are under pressure, and so we are initiating coverage with a Sell rating. Google is likely to be among the first to rally as the economy stabilizes; however, near term, we see downside to consensus estimates and believe that investors will get a better entry point in the next six months.

More

"We see the stock touching down to $200-$240 near term, which is where we would consider buying it."

Forum List

Back