Botched Oklahoma Execution

What happened today was barbaric. The drugs are now difficult to come by and probably not tested properly. The guy writhed in pain and sat up, saying "something's wrong".

Oh that poor baby!!! I'd have tied em up and thrown his sorry ass in a hole and slowly,very slowly,filled it with sand. And to make things even better I would have given him a small tube to breath through so I could plug it every once and a while just for fun.
Piece of shit got off to easy.....

Hmmm. Again, it seems like you guys are into sadism.

What if he didn't do it? What if the other people involved all lied about his involvement, and you tortured him in the way you described.

What would that make you?

This is the problem with capital punishment. It makes all of us just as bad as them.

As mentioned, the guy shot some poor 19yr old girl with a shotgun and then watched as she was buried alive. He didnt get the death penalty for over due book at the library. He deserved much worse. This is how society takes out its trash. And there's a lot of trash piled up.

Civilized countries do not do this, just bloodthirsty ones.

In todays range of DNA evidence, that figure is misleading, at best! And, what are you going to do? Hundreds of thousands of people are KILLED or seriously injured every year driving a car....shall we BAN CARS? THAT will stop auto deaths! Life's a bitch, and if your innocent, prove it, or face the consequences!

Guilty until proven innocent is not how we conduct our legal system.

That's why they WERE JUDGED GUILTY before the death sentence!

If you are judged guilty, but you are innocent, you should not be executed. It is as simple as that. The only way to prevent this is to get rid of capital punishment.

As mentioned, the guy shot some poor 19yr old girl with a shotgun and then watched as she was buried alive. He didnt get the death penalty for over due book at the library. He deserved much worse. This is how society takes out its trash. And there's a lot of trash piled up.

We are a civilized country. We let retards speak their mind and vote.

Civilized people people don't beat, shoot then bury alive a sweet 19 year old girl

Civilized people people don't beat, shoot then bury alive a sweet 19 year old girl

There are people in civilized who are not civilized, they are put in prison. Civilized countries do not execute people.

What happened today was barbaric. The drugs are now difficult to come by and probably not tested properly. The guy writhed in pain and sat up, saying "something's wrong".

Oh that poor baby!!! I'd have tied em up and thrown his sorry ass in a hole and slowly,very slowly,filled it with sand. And to make things even better I would have given him a small tube to breath through so I could plug it every once and a while just for fun.

What if he didn't do it? What if the other people involved all lied about his involvement, and you tortured him in the way you described.

This is the problem with capital punishment. It makes all of us just as bad as them.

Nah.....I just want him to feel the same terror that poor girl felt.
In fact,I'd be just as happy to gut shoot the piece of shit and just bury him alive.

Why dont liberals care about the victim? We should use the exact same method that the killer used. Murder rates would plummet.

Nah.....I just want him to feel the same terror that poor girl felt.
In fact,I'd be just as happy to gut shoot the piece of shit and just bury him alive.

Why dont liberals care about the victim? We should use the exact same method that the killer used. Murder rates would plummet.

You have no proof to back this up.

There are people in civilized who are not civilized, they are put in prison. Civilized countries do not execute people.
Are you suggesting that Somalia is civilized and countries like Japan, the US, China and India are not? Whew!

None of these countries could belong to the EU.
Eh? Who cares?
If the EU governments were more responsive to popular opinion, it would exist in several countries.

Europe's View of the Death Penalty - NYTimes.com

Dead is dead.

I don't support the death penalty, but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the same people who call this barbaric have no issue with the abuse that takes place in abortion clinics.

If they give Koch-ergrl a Rorshach test, every answer would be "abortion".

peanut sized fetuses aren't the same thing as full grown people.

My problem with the death penalty is not that the inmate "suffers". We could use a guillotine and acheive that result. A bit messy, but effective.

My problem with the death penalty is that we are going to get the wrong guy, eventually. If we haven't already.

Not an issue with abortion.
These people are not "pro-life" as they claim to be, if they were they wouldn't be for the death penalty.

They're pro-death when the need suits them.

We got ourselves here a bonafide financial genius, folks! :cuckoo:

Apparently he is much smarter than you because he knows it costs more to execute someone than to pay for their lifetime incarceration. Guess that makes you the idiot.

it costs more to kill them NOW because of the endless appeals. that would fix itself if we upped the pace of executions

DUH
my God what an idiot. you could have figured out that one yourself
You're NOT going to stop or even lessen the LEGAL proceedings which are based on the US Constitution. So you can forget that bogus pipe dream now.

In a botched execution, the fucker would end up living.

So, the execution was successful.

The methodology was what was botched.
That's like half-pregnant.

There's no such thing as half-botched, or partially botched.

Botched is botched, and this execution was botched.

I've been reading this stream of commentary from the RW death supporters, and it's one emotional tirade after the next..."He didn't die bad enough." "Oh they should have buried him alive." "What I would do to kill him if I had had the chance." "If I could just get my hands around his neck...."

It's not rational at all, it's just pure, unadulterated emotional outbursts based on revenge.

That's the biggest argument to END the death penalty once and for all.

We're a nation of LAWS.

All i can say is this guy deserved any pain he might have had. And i cheer his death. Id rather see his botched execution than what he did to some young girls

And no parole for this guy, no overcrowding, no good behavior, and noway he will ever kill another....oh and its justice

Morning Joe on MSNBC this morning had a bunch of videos where people were quite upset
over this man's treatment....

No comments about the reason why he was being put to death....

I'm not upset at all at the way he died...
Thought if anyone should go through what happened He was the guy it should have happened to...

Everyone that does what this asshole did, deserves the electric chair! I hope the bastard catches on fire!

Compared to what this piece of shit did to a young woman. He deserved it.

May he rot in hell.

Agreed. Dead is dead. The more painful the better.

Most isn't all. And we have no obligation to do what most people do. The death penalty may not be a deterrent but that isn't why we have it. Prison and execution are punishments not learning lessons.

I'm all for making sure of guilt before they meet their punishment.

Fair enough. But how do you do that with certainty.

In Illinois, we had the case of Rolando Cruz. He was sentenced to death TWICE for the murder of Jeanine Nicaraco, even though DuPage County police and States Attorney's knew another guy did it.

And they were halfway to convicting him a third time before a judge put an end to it.

Oh, not a one of those cops or lawyers lost their jobs.

I despise the idea of executing people who are not guilty of the crime we are killing them for. But how many times would the wrong person get killed if outraged family members took "justice" into their own hands?

Look at this Oklahoma killer. Look what he did to his victim. Can't you understand the rage and the desire for vengeance that creates in the victim's family? The hope that the state will do the job, undoubtedly deters a lot of these family members from getting justice on their own. And they're gonna do that without a judge or jury, without access to evidence, and without regret. If that was my daughter, I could gleefully kill that guy. Did you hear what she went through before she died? I never met her before, and I am angry about it. Imagine if that was my daughter ...

I do have problems with the death penalty in general and with the way it is currently administered. But for the life of me, I can't come up with anything that I think would work any better.

The scumbag kidnapped, raped and killed a 19 year old woman over nothing....but we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he had a heart attack????

The shitstan is lucky the locals weren't allowed to tie him to 2 trucks and pull him apart, that should've been his punishment.

Had it taken twice as long, too bad.

Emotional. emotions. All emotional-driven posts.

The crime committed was beyond brutal,beyond savage,beyond cruel.Beyond horrific....

So yeah there's some emotions running high.
And this is a good thing.
It pleases me to see most if not all posts standing up for the victim here.

When a crime like this is committed...
The person who committed it needs to pay the ultimate price.

The crime committed was beyond brutal,beyond savage,beyond cruel.Beyond horrific....

So yeah there's some emotions running high.
And this is a good thing.
It pleases me to see most if not all posts standing up for the victim here.

When a crime like this is committed...
The person who committed it needs to pay the ultimate price.
Nice try, but I'm not gonna let you get away with that far RW slight of hand.

No ONE is "on the side of the criminal" as you're insinuating.

Stop being so obtuse!

I normally would be offended by such stupid cruelty but in this example the suffering was well deserved. This Lockett fellow shot a girl and stood by while his friends buried her alive. How that poor creature must have suffered because of this sonofabitch. As far as I'm concerned it should have taken him longer to die.

There was some suggestion that the officials who administered the drugs deliberately altered the dose to cause what happened. If that is true they have my sincere compliments.

Dead is dead.

I don't support the death penalty, but I have a hard time reconciling the fact that the same people who call this barbaric have no issue with the abuse that takes place in abortion clinics.

If they give Koch-ergrl a Rorshach test, every answer would be "abortion".

peanut sized fetuses aren't the same thing as full grown people.

My problem with the death penalty is not that the inmate "suffers". We could use a guillotine and acheive that result. A bit messy, but effective.

My problem with the death penalty is that we are going to get the wrong guy, eventually. If we haven't already.

Not an issue with abortion.
These people are not "pro-life" as they claim to be, if they were they wouldn't be for the death penalty.

They're pro-death when the need suits them.

it costs more to kill them NOW because of the endless appeals. that would fix itself if we upped the pace of executions

DUH
my God what an idiot. you could have figured out that one yourself
You're NOT going to stop or even lessen the LEGAL proceedings which are based on the US Constitution. So you can forget that bogus pipe dream now.

In a botched execution, the fucker would end up living.

So, the execution was successful.

The methodology was what was botched.
That's like half-pregnant.

There's no such thing as half-botched, or partially botched.

Botched is botched, and this execution was botched.

I've been reading this stream of commentary from the RW death supporters, and it's one emotional tirade after the next..."He didn't die bad enough." "Oh they should have buried him alive." "What I would do to kill him if I had had the chance." "If I could just get my hands around his neck...."

It's not rational at all, it's just pure, unadulterated emotional outbursts based on revenge.

That's the biggest argument to END the death penalty once and for all.

We're a nation of LAWS.

And the law states you execute murderers, it is a tough punishment to give out, however in this case the state was correct. The problem was the person remained alive and felt to much pain. The state needs to figure out what went wrong and make sure the next perpetrator goes quickly.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Forum List

Back