"Border Security" and Presidential Policy

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
What if we had a President who had no political motivation at all, who merely wanted to enforce our existing immigration laws? That is, of course, what the President is sworn to do when he is inaugurated.

Wouldn't s/he want to seal the borders, so that no one could enter the country illegally?

Wouldn't s/he aggressively pursue those who have overstayed their visas?

Wouldn't s/he take steps to remove everyone who is here illegally right now?

Wouldn't s/he vigorously enforce our laws concerning I-9 forms, auditing employees' records and taking action where illegals are being hired, or where phony documentation is accepted?

Such a President would say to those who disagreed with what she was doing, "If you don't like what I'm doing, change the law; then I'll enforce the NEW law. But until then, I'll enforce the existing laws."

How is this any different than what President Trump is trying to do right now?

Seriously, what would a totally non-political President do w/r/t immigration?

What if we had a President who had no political motivation at all, who merely wanted to enforce our existing immigration laws? That is, of course, what the President is sworn to do when he is inaugurated.

Wouldn't s/he want to seal the borders, so that no one could enter the country illegally?

Wouldn't s/he vigorously enforce our laws concerning I-9 forms, auditing employees' records and taking action where illegals are being hired, or where phony documentation is accepted?

Such a President would say to those who disagreed with what she was doing, "If you don't like what I'm doing, change the law; then I'll enforce the NEW law. But until then, I'll enforce the existing laws."

How is this any different than what President Trump is trying to do right now?

Seriously, what would a totally non-political President do w/r/t immigration?

Building a wall will not stop illegal crossings.

^Nothing happening on any of these.

It takes an Attorney General who cares about the responsibilities he takes on when he swears to uphold and defend the constitution. We haven't had one for some time.

What immigration laws are being ignored ?

Doesn’t the president have a fiscal responsibility to the country ?

Shouldn’t he be asking for a Canadian wall?

Forum List

Back