Border agents find teen, mom's body northwest of Tucson

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
A 15-year-old illegal border crosser dumped by smugglers northwest of Tucson was found early Monday along with his mother's body, officials said.

The boy called 911 saying that his mother had fainted and might be dead. The Pima County Sheriff's Office transferred the call to the Border Patrol at about 3:30 a.m., said agency spokeswoman Colleen Agle.

When agents from the Border Patrol's search and rescue team found the two near Avra Valley and Pump Station roads the mother was dead, Agle said. The location is about 25 miles northwest of downtown Tucson.

The teen told agents smugglers had kicked them out of a vehicle because the mother, 44, was sick, Agle said. They are believed to be from Mexico.

She was one of two illegal border crossers found dead in the last two days.

On Monday, agents found the body of a 48-year-old man from Mexico in the Baboquivari Mountains southeast of Sells on the Tohono O'odham Nation, Agle said.

From Oct. 1 to March 31, the latest figures available, agents in the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector recovered the bodies of 87 illegal immigrants, up from 66 through the same time period in fiscal year 2009.

They should put the bodies on pikes with signs, advising illegals to turn back.

Of course instead tax dollars are used for burial and medical care.

Poor kid.

Can you imagine just how desperate they must have been to try and come here like this.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
' With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Last edited:
Poor kid.

Can you imagine just how desperate they must have been to try and come here like this.

My mother came here from Brazil because my Dad posted a $1,500 bond with the State Department to prove that she would not be a burden, so yes I can imagine the peoples desire to come here

A 15-year-old illegal border crosser dumped by smugglers northwest of Tucson was found early Monday along with his mother's body, officials said.

The boy called 911 saying that his mother had fainted and might be dead. The Pima County Sheriff's Office transferred the call to the Border Patrol at about 3:30 a.m., said agency spokeswoman Colleen Agle.

When agents from the Border Patrol's search and rescue team found the two near Avra Valley and Pump Station roads the mother was dead, Agle said. The location is about 25 miles northwest of downtown Tucson.

The teen told agents smugglers had kicked them out of a vehicle because the mother, 44, was sick, Agle said. They are believed to be from Mexico.

She was one of two illegal border crossers found dead in the last two days.

On Monday, agents found the body of a 48-year-old man from Mexico in the Baboquivari Mountains southeast of Sells on the Tohono O'odham Nation, Agle said.

From Oct. 1 to March 31, the latest figures available, agents in the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector recovered the bodies of 87 illegal immigrants, up from 66 through the same time period in fiscal year 2009.

Mexico needs a better health care system?

Too bad the Sheriff said he was not going to pursue Illegals, it might have saved her life.

Poor kid.

Does is say anything about sneaking over our borders illegally? Nope. That's about LEGAL immigrants. So, while I am sure that we are all very, very impressed with your ability to copy and paste some text, I wonder if any of us actually think you understand what those words mean.

Too bad the Sheriff said he was not going to pursue Illegals, it might have saved her life.

:lol:

This new law, or any other law that is on the books would not have saved this women's life, and will not save any in the future.

You can't state that as fact, mo chara. She may well have not bothered coming if she knew she would not be able to hide, work, or access services in the US.

Yes laws could have saved her life.

Laws that allow for more Latino immigrants come here on temporary visas to do the work that the Industries who hire them to do.

A law like that passed when Bush tried to do it would have given this woman a way to get here and feed herself and her child.

That sherriff was on cable news last night saying that he doesn't want to follow the procedure outlined in the new bill but they have put safeguards in the bill that require him to follow it.

This bill is going to be found unconstitutional, imo. A lot of people are standing in objection to it.

And of course the bill provided extra funding for the extra work required of law enforcement personnel?
We know republicans would not pull any of that unfunded mandate crap.

This new law, or any other law that is on the books would not have saved this women's life, and will not save any in the future.

You can't state that as fact, mo chara. She may well have not bothered coming if she knew she would not be able to hide, work, or access services in the US.

That most important part of what you said, is if she couldn't work here. The only way you will see anything change is if you go after the employer.
And I should have said, law that are being enforced at the moment would not have saved her life. ;)
They also need to make penalities for employers who hire illegals, harsher.

Poor kid.

Does is say anything about sneaking over our borders illegally? Nope. That's about LEGAL immigrants. So, while I am sure that we are all very, very impressed with your ability to copy and paste some text, I wonder if any of us actually think you understand what those words mean.

When this country started who was deemed illegal and what were the quota laws?

Yes laws could have saved her life.

Laws that allow for more Latino immigrants come here on temporary visas to do the work that the Industries who hire them to do.

A law like that passed when Bush tried to do it would have given this woman a way to get here and feed herself and her child.

I never said a new law could not have saved her life, I am saying current laws would not have saved her life.

That most important part of what you said, is if she couldn't work here. The only way you will see anything change is if you go after the employer.
And I should have said, law that are being enforced at the moment would not have saved her life. ;)

Politicians do not have the balls to go after the employers. Might cut off campaign contributions.

As I have said before make it a notable per day per illegal working fine on employers.
maybe 2,000 per day per illegal. That would make it not profitable.
And perhaps include a 10% reward for reporting violators.

Guaranteed no more problems with illegals working if enforced.

Last edited:

Politicians do not have the balls to go after the employers. Might cut off campaign contributions.

As I have said before make it a notable per day per illegal working fine on employers.
maybe 2,000 per day per illegal. That would make it not profitable.
And perhaps include a 10% reward for reporting violators.

Guaranteed no more problems with illegals working if enforced.

When I found someone was using my SSN to work for a construction company in central Washington, I called the employer, of course they knew nothing about it. I also called a few other organization including the IRS and gave them the name of the company. No one ever did anything regarding the company.

Forum List

Back