Exclusive: Gov. Brewer - We're Not Going to Put Up With Insecure Borders Anymore

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
VAN SUSTEREN: Arizona Governor Jan Brewer joins us right now. Governor, I don't know if you heard the mayor and the governor, the secretary of state when she was running for office, I think that was, and President Obama when he was running. Does Arizona feel abandoned by the sort of national leaders on this issue of immigration?

GOV. JAN BREWER, R - ARIZ.: Well, we do, Greta. You know, we have been fighting this issue, this problem that's facing Arizona probably for the last 15 years. And now, since I've been governor since last January, I have written numerous letters to the administration in regards to securing our borders with absolutely no response.

So we have been facing this crisis, and it's devastating the people of Arizona. And I feel as governor I have a responsibility to protect the citizens. We've been inundated with criminal activity. It's just -- it's been outrageous.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591722,00.html:clap2:

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Tonight, in her first national television interview since all hell broke loose, Arizona Governor Brewer is here to go "On the Record."

But first, pay very close attention to this!

(BEGIN FLASHBACK VIDEO CLIP)

SEN. HILLARY CLINTON, D-NY, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: We're going to toughen border security. We're going to do everything we can to make sure that we have strong border controls because it's not only a question about illegal immigration, it's a question about our security. We have to know who's coming in and out of our country.

RUDY GIULIANI, R-NY, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: The American people are angry that the federal government has failed to protect and secure our borders. And they're telling us, Get it done! And we will!

GOV. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, R-CALIF.: ... secure our borders, while at the same time recognize the economic and social reality by providing guest worker programs and giving everyone citizenship who is already in the country and meet a certain criteria.

MITT ROMNEY, R-MASS., FORMER GOVERNOR/PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Of course we need to secure the border. We need to have an employment verification system with a card to identify who's here legally and not legally.

SEN. BARACK OBAMA, D-ILL., THEN-PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: And I will make it a top priority in my first year as president not only because we have an obligation to secure our borders and get control of who comes in and out our country, not only because we have to crack down on employers who are abusing undocumented immigrants instead of hiring citizens, but because we have to finally bring undocumented immigrants out of the shadows.

Exclusive: Gov. Brewer - We're Not Going to Put Up With Insecure Borders Anymore - Greta Van Susteren | On The Record With Greta - FOXNews.com

Forum List

Back