Bootneck Has Been Injured: Say A Prayer For Him

We'll not forget your brothers, Paul...as we shall never forget all fallen heroes. Now get the job done and get the fuck home, son! You owe me one hundred and twenty quid!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9xlDPDMWxo&feature=related]YouTube - Katherine Jenkins - For The Fallen[/ame]

Thank you all for your prayers for not only Bootneck, but all soldiers everywhere, and their safe return home when their mission is done.

Update on Bootneck:

He and his team go back out into the hell hole tomorrow. He told me to tell all of his USMB friends "Hello and thank you for the kind thoughts" and that he misses you, and goofing around on here. No time for that this time around,,,,he passed his medical to go back out into the field. Now all we can do is wait, and pray.

Your support means a lot to him, and Colin, and me by the way, again, thank you so much.

I read this thread yesterday and prayed but couldn't respond.. I felt helpless and angry.. Such a great man, one that I wholeheartedly respect and admire.

While being on this Board I've spent many an hour reading his threads and even had the privilege of some PM's on his last military leave. Such an amazing outlook on life, so up beat.. like I said, a great man. I'm sure glad he's doing okay now and feel a sorrow for his departed friends and their families.

I'll keep praying for his safe return and a speedy end to that war.. best to you and your mates Bootneck..:salute:

The weak forget it doesn't take words on a paper to carry them. That can be burned. A good man with a sword you have to KILL.

While we're falling all over ourselves to pray fro the troops...

Any chance we can get a prayer or two for the millions of innocent Iraqi and Afghanistani who are ALSO dying and being mained?

Can I get an amen to that, too, brothers and sisters?

Get out of this thread. "doc". Some corpsman.:rolleyes:

All about your politics, huh? Take them elsewhere.

Any chance we can get a prayer or two for the millions of innocent Iraqi and Afghanistani who are ALSO dying and being mained?

Get out of this thread. "doc". Some corpsman.:rolleyes:

All about your politics, huh? Take them elsewhere.

This clown wouldn't make a pimple on a good Corpsman's ass. What a disgrace.

Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones, and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family.

Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my Country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer.

I'm glad you mentioned this Edict.. Some commentator on the war said last night that 400,00 people had died in Iraq in the decade of the 90's. And ten thousand have died since the regime change. Think about that.

Thank God there are people in the world like Bootneck.

I'm glad you mentioned this Edict.. Some commentator on the war said last night that 400,00 people had died in Iraq in the decade of the 90's. And ten thousand have died since the regime change. Think about that.

You can take your politics with editec. Y'all dis or uphold this Marine for your political bullshit?

It's your political bullshit that gets us killed.

This is about a hurting Marine. Leave him, and this thread alone. You have NO clue what it's like ....

You can take your politics with editec. Y'all dis or uphold this Marine for your political bullshit?

This is about a hurting Marine. Leave him, and this thread alone. You have NO clue what it's like ....

For Once in Your Life you need to SHUT UP.

For Once in Your Life you need to SHUT UP.

Y'think?

EZ wouldn't do this but I wanted everyone here to say a prayer or pass on a blessing to Bootneck.

He's been injured in Afghanistan...not too seriously...but a couple of his teamers got killed in the attack. IED of course.

He needs our help because having been in his situation myself I know you can use all the help you can get.

This is a prayer I always use to keep me and my loved ones safe:

Psalm 70

1 Hasten, O God, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.

2 May those who seek my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.

3 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
turn back because of their shame.

4 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;