Bootneck Has Been Injured: Say A Prayer For Him

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
EZ wouldn't do this but I wanted everyone here to say a prayer or pass on a blessing to Bootneck.

He's been injured in Afghanistan...not too seriously...but a couple of his teamers got killed in the attack. IED of course.

He needs our help because having been in his situation myself I know you can use all the help you can get.

This is a prayer I always use to keep me and my loved ones safe:

Psalm 70

1 Hasten, O God, to save me;
O LORD, come quickly to help me.

2 May those who seek my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.

3 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
turn back because of their shame.

4 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"Let God be exalted!"

5 Yet I am poor and needy;
come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O LORD, do not delay.

We all hate war. But we can't just walk away from it either. Bootneck knows the risks and is facing them. God be with him and bring him home safely.

Well, I was trying to keep this private. Colin and I both talked and wondered if we should say anything public on here, we've told some friends in PMs.

But Bootneck told me the reason he is still alive is because of our prayers, they are working for him, so please keep praying for his safety.

And also,please say a prayer for his two Royal Marine brothers he lost last week. They have been laid to rest in their home country of England.

Thanks to all,I will tell Bootneck his friends are thinking of him.

-EZ

I don't do prayers, but I wish Bootneck a fast and full recovery. It must be terrible to lose your fellow Marines.

Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

Well I don't pray, however good vibes are sent to Bootneck.
And I wish him well and thank him for serving.

For reasons that are unimportant here, I can say with a great deal of certainty and confidence that heartfelt prayers are felt by those who are prayed for and they do make a difference. So I add my prayer with the rest of you for healing for Bootneck both for his bodily injuries and also healing from the grief of losing people dear to him. And for the other loved ones of his fallen comrades.

Godspeed in your recovery Bootneck...you served your country in time of war without question. You knew the risks yet were willing to give your life for the ideals you believe in and what righteous people the world over represent. You sir...are a hero. My prayers are with you and with your team mates as all of you navigate the road only a soldier knows....remember the good times...
Here's to you Bootneck!!!!
Cheers mate!!!
cheers_52820s.jpg

Get Well soon, I will raise a glass of Pussers for your oppo's tonight

May Peace shadow his every thought, and strength his every move and may his buddies never be forgotten.

Thank you Bootneck for what you have done and May the Lord contunue to protect you and all of your buddies as you continue the good fight.

:eusa_pray:Psalm 91:1-16
“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust. Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.​
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your habitation, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.“

Attachments

• $OurPrayer-vi.gif
    $OurPrayer-vi.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Forum List

Back