Booming Economy? For Who? The Untold Story Of The Trump Economy

Forty percent of workers say they don’t have $400 for an unexpected expense. Twenty percent can’t pay all of their monthly bills. More than a quarter of adults skipped needed medical care last year because they couldn’t afford it. A quarter of adults have no retirement savings.

Corporations got the biggest cut in history, their rate sledgehammered down from 35 percent to 21 percent. The rich reap by far the largest benefit from those tax cuts through 2027, according to an analysis by the Tax Policy Center. And by then, 53 percent of Americans—that is, workers, not rich people—will pay more than they did in 2017 because tax breaks for workers expire.

The White House Council of Economic Advisers predicted the corporate tax cut would put an extra $4,000 in every worker’s pocket. They swore that corporations would use some of their tax cut money to hand out raises and bonuses to workers. That never happened. Workers got a measly 6 percent of corporations’ tax savings. In the first quarter after the tax cut took effect, workers on average received a big fat extra $6.21 in their paychecks, for an annual total of a whopping $233. Corporations spent their tax breaks on stock buybacks, a record $1 trillion worth, raising stock prices, which put more money in the pockets of rich CEOs and shareholders.

That’s continuing this year. Workers are never going to see that $4,000.

The untold story of Trump’s ‘booming’ economy

It's slowly trickling down. Wait for it now.
Maybe democrats should teach responsibility in schools

So, unemployment is a problem for a lot of folks?
Not anymore. Obama and his economic malaise are gone.

BOOM!!!
Really? The unemployment rate has dropped by around 1% during tRumps *administration*. President Obama brought it down around 6%. Also, the latest drop in the unemployment rate was because if a drop in the labor participation rate. That's not a good thing kid.

"Economic malaise" my ass. Where did you quote that from anyway?

Should they? Would you pay your lawn care company more money if you got a raise? How about your mechanic?

Given the fact more than 45% of our population pays no income tax at all, how would you give them an income tax break?

As for your other statistics, how many of those people who can't afford to pay their bills or can't afford a $400.00 expense have the latest smart phone? The newest video game? A newer car? How many are working over 40 hours a week or have two jobs?

So your statistics are worthless, because chances are those people are not practicing responsibility or bringing in as much money as they possibly can.
Then why did we give the wealthiest folks a raise? Why did they lie to us and tell us it would benefit the less fortunate? Why did you believe them when they said it would but still defend them now that we know it doesn't?

You kids don't make any sense at all.

One minor detail, you need to have a job in order to get that tax raise...dumbass.

Gee, guess you missed the latest job numbers. So it only seems to be a problem for you liberal whiners.
The latest drop in the unemployment rate was caused by a corresponding drop in the labor participation rate. That's not a good thing kid. I wouldn't be bragging about it.

Should they? Would you pay your lawn care company more money if you got a raise? How about your mechanic?

Given the fact more than 45% of our population pays no income tax at all, how would you give them an income tax break?

As for your other statistics, how many of those people who can't afford to pay their bills or can't afford a $400.00 expense have the latest smart phone? The newest video game? A newer car? How many are working over 40 hours a week or have two jobs?

So your statistics are worthless, because chances are those people are not practicing responsibility or bringing in as much money as they possibly can.
Then why did we give the wealthiest folks a raise? Why did they lie to us and tell us it would benefit the less fortunate? Why did you believe them when they said it would but still defend them now that we know it doesn't?

Because the wealthiest folks own the businesses, they do the hiring for expansion, which now has the unemployment rate so low that even an incompetent boob like you could get a 1/2 way decent job!

Maybe that is what is wrong, lol. You afraid that with jobs so plentiful, someone might force you to get a J-O-B!
And they used it to buy back stock and artificially (and temporarily) inflate the value of said stock. How did that help the economy? How did that "trickle down"?

They tax cuts were a massive failure as far as the common man goes. They were a gift to the only people he (and most idiot republicans for some stupid reason) see value in.

One minor detail, you need to have a job in order to get that tax raise...dumbass.

Gee, guess you missed the latest job numbers. So it only seems to be a problem for you liberal whiners.
The latest drop in the unemployment rate was caused by a corresponding drop in the labor participation rate. That's not a good thing kid. I wouldn't be bragging about it.

Are you talking about Obama or Trump here?

LFPRJuly2018.PNG

Not anymore. Obama and his economic malaise are gone.

BOOM!!!
Really? The unemployment rate has dropped by around 1% during tRumps *administration*. President Obama brought it down around 6%. Also, the latest drop in the unemployment rate was because if a drop in the labor participation rate. That's not a good thing kid.

"Economic malaise" my ass. Where did you quote that from anyway?
"Malaise" my dear is not that obscure a word for most of us. It need not be quoted.

Let me keep it simple for you:

Economic malaise - bad
Economic boom - good

Trump could cure cancer and you’d still bitch and moan.

Give it a rest already.
You equate failing at tax cuts to curing cancer?

Are you insane or just desperate?

How is it failing? All economic reports say it's quite a success.
I thought you read the OP?

I did. It doesn't explain how Trump's tax cuts are failing. It tells me how people are failing, but they will fail no matter what. We are slowly becoming a lazy less responsible society.
Wait, so it's our fault the majority of the tax benefit went to corporations and folks who are already wealthy?

You wanna explain that little bit of sophistry?

Gladly.

First off, all money does not belong to government, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us. That's a failed leftist theory. Government can only take more or less of people's money. Now who would it make sense to take less from, those who contribute none or little, or those who contribute the most?

Secondly if you think government is what's responsible for your financial failures, success, or stabilization, you are totally off the mark. You success or failures are based on your ability to earn, the exercise thereof, and making responsible decisions in your life. Not government.

Forty percent of workers say they don’t have $400 for an unexpected expense. Twenty percent can’t pay all of their monthly bills. More than a quarter of adults skipped needed medical care last year because they couldn’t afford it. A quarter of adults have no retirement savings.

Corporations got the biggest cut in history, their rate sledgehammered down from 35 percent to 21 percent. The rich reap by far the largest benefit from those tax cuts through 2027, according to an analysis by the Tax Policy Center. And by then, 53 percent of Americans—that is, workers, not rich people—will pay more than they did in 2017 because tax breaks for workers expire.

The White House Council of Economic Advisers predicted the corporate tax cut would put an extra $4,000 in every worker’s pocket. They swore that corporations would use some of their tax cut money to hand out raises and bonuses to workers. That never happened. Workers got a measly 6 percent of corporations’ tax savings. In the first quarter after the tax cut took effect, workers on average received a big fat extra $6.21 in their paychecks, for an annual total of a whopping $233. Corporations spent their tax breaks on stock buybacks, a record $1 trillion worth, raising stock prices, which put more money in the pockets of rich CEOs and shareholders.

Of course the article from you commie hate site isn't saying the vast majority of pay raises are going to lower income jobs. National average in wage growth was 3.2% where wages for lower income workers was 4.6%.

link ..

Even though Americans are finding jobs pretty easily, they still aren’t seeing the so-called “economic boom” reflected in their pocketbooks.

April was another month with disappointing wage growth.

Private sector workers (excluding farmworkers) got an average 6-cent hourly raise, adding up to an average hourly pay of $27.77. In the past 12 months, average hourly earnings have only increased by 3.2 percent, and that doesn’t even take inflation into account.

The latest pay data suggests that workers and labor unions will continue to strike to force businesses to boost wages.

Slow income growth has been the weakest part of the US economy in its recovery from the Great Recession. Wages have barely kept up with the cost of living, even as the unemployment rate dropped and the economy expanded.

April’s 6-cent average hourly wage hike suggests more of the same, despite a surprising 10-cent jump in February.

April jobs report: tons of new jobs and teeny-tiny pay raises

Trump Economy: Blue-Collar Wages Rise Faster than White-Collar

US median household income climbs to new high of $61,372

I did. It doesn't explain how Trump's tax cuts are failing. It tells me how people are failing, but they will fail no matter what. We are slowly becoming a lazy less responsible society.
Wait, so it's our fault the majority of the tax benefit went to corporations and folks who are already wealthy?

The sad thing is this, your Partisan eyes won't allow you to see the truth. The "truth" is this, they ALL work for the same Corps who are ALL beholden to the same banks. Obama was surrounded by Goldman Sachs people.

View attachment 259512
You're defecting. That isn't what I asked and is not even part.of the topic under discussion.

Attempted distraction rejected, please try again.

View attachment 259520
I'm talking about last month kid.

The sad thing is this, your Partisan eyes won't allow you to see the truth. The "truth" is this, they ALL work for the same Corps who are ALL beholden to the same banks. Obama was surrounded by Goldman Sachs people.

View attachment 259512
You're defecting. That isn't what I asked and is not even part.of the topic under discussion.

Attempted distraction rejected, please try again.

Sorry son, our entire system is a cult. You just aren't willing to break from the binary paradigm. A thing does require your belief to be "true". This is why nothing ever changes, they just rotate the supposed "ideology" every 8 years. It keeps the mases engaged in the farce.

It can be a good thing. It can indicate that people feel financially well off enough to retire or go with just one income while one parent raises children.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Gladly.

First off, all money does not belong to government, and what they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us. That's a failed leftist theory. Government can only take more or less of people's money. Now who would it make sense to take less from, those who contribute none or little, or those who contribute the most?

Secondly if you think government is what's responsible for your financial failures, success, or stabilization, you are totally off the mark. You success or failures are based on your ability to earn, the exercise thereof, and making responsible decisions in your life. Not government.
So what you're saying is either you don't understand percentages or you're just gonna slavishly defend this failed tax cut no matter what.

For Future reference please let me know which one it is.

And hiring for the Census.

View attachment 259520
I'm talking about last month kid.

You sure you're not talking about the second Wednesday of last month...boy.

Gladly.

So what you're saying is either you don't understand percentages or you're just gonna slavishly defend this failed tax cut no matter what.

Of course I'll defend it because it's worked out great for everybody. High business confidence. High consumer confidence. Record breaking small business confidence; small business are our largest employers. Record low unemployment for minorities and women. Bringing home more pay and more of a tax refund. 3.25% GDP last quarter. No inflation. I hardly call it a failure by any measure.

We have the world's number 1 economy. In your economy people are selling their kids and eating their pets, so STFU

Gladly.

Of course I'll defend it because it's worked out great for everybody. High business confidence. High consumer confidence. Record breaking small business confidence; small business are our largest employers. Record low unemployment for minorities and women. Bringing home more pay and more of a tax refund. 3.25% GDP last quarter. No inflation. I hardly call it a failure by any measure.

All that and people are adding more debt than ever as if this will never end...we have a stupid populous.

Gladly.

All that and people are adding more debt than ever as if this will never end...we have a stupid populous.

Well, what programs are you willing to sacrifice to balance the budget?

The problem with government getting involved in every aspect of our life is they have to feed the dependency they created. That's expensive and yes, will eventually ruin our nation. Our problem isn't bringing money in, it's stopping the flow of money going out.

Gladly.

Well, what programs are you willing to sacrifice to balance the budget?

The problem with government getting involved in every aspect of our life is they have to feed the dependency they created. That's expensive and yes, will eventually ruin our nation. Our problem isn't bringing money in, it's stopping the flow of money going out.

Actually in this case I was talking about consumers, you know us citizens. Personal debt is rising and people are saving less...during a good economy. Recipe for disaster

Forum List

Back