Boom! Where’s Your Recession Now?

vNearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract
Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

The outgoing president believes his administration was a net positive for workers, however.

"Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs," said Obama, during his farewell press conference last Friday, covered by Investing.com.

ME: A little information for the lying Democrat bitches in this forum who try to say that Obama created as many jobs as Trump. Obama created worthless shit jobs that could not even support a single person. Trump is bringing back real jobs, manufacturing jobs, and an economic boom

Try again.

Manufacturing Shrinks For 1st Time In 3 Years On Trade Tensions

U.S. solar group says Trump tariffs killing jobs; White House says 'fake news'

You're a loser terri.

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

The outgoing president believes his administration was a net positive for workers, however.

"Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs," said Obama, during his farewell press conference last Friday, covered by Investing.com.

ME: A little information for the lying Democrat bitches in this forum who try to say that Obama created as many jobs as Trump. Obama created worthless shit jobs that could not even support a single person. Trump is bringing back real jobs, manufacturing jobs, and an economic boom

Fake news from the fake news queen.

The study in question covered 2005 to 2015...way more than the Obama years.

Also, the ratio has not changed, it is a trend that has been happening for close to two decades.

Here is the actual study , read it and see what conclusions they drew.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/katz_krueger_cws_final_nov2018.pdf

Though there are not very many pictures so it might be above your reading level.

Fake news from the fake news queen.

The study in question covered 2005 to 2015...way more than the Obama years.

Also, the ratio has not changed, it is a trend that has been happening for close to two decades.

Here is the actual study , read it and see what conclusions they drew.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/katz_krueger_cws_final_nov2018.pdf

Though there are not very many pictures so it might be above your reading level.
Euros HATE the fact that they have been made to start carrying their share of the NATO load and infuriated that while their economies struggle, the US is BOOMING.

French reporter: "You have very low unemployment rate in the US and we have very high unemployment rate in France. How come? ..."

Trump: "Well maybe we have a better President than you do"

BOOM!!! :D

Did you notice how he avoided talking about GDP growth rate? Why do you think that is?

I see how you avoid the truth of the thread. We have the lowest unemployment in 50 years and a booming economy and moron idiots like you try to talk it down.
I see that you avoid the fact that he is quoting CNBC

Booming economy? But GDP growth isn’t any higher than under Obama. How can you call it a booming economy when GDP growth is below 3%?

Trump used to call that type of economic growth “pathetic”. What changed?
I think you would have to compare apples to apples when comparing Trumps economy to Obama's.
Obama's economy was coming out of a recession moving slowly in the right direction. Some
say it should have been moving quicker and some will say it was because of his policies that slowed the recovery.
Also....given the fed rate being higher for Trump shows a stronger economy in the eye of the fed reserve banks.
And, while the other first tier world economies sputtering, ours is doing nicely going in the right direction.

Did you notice how he avoided talking about GDP growth rate? Why do you think that is?

I see how you avoid the truth of the thread. We have the lowest unemployment in 50 years and a booming economy and moron idiots like you try to talk it down.
I see that you avoid the fact that he is quoting CNBC

Booming economy? But GDP growth isn’t any higher than under Obama. How can you call it a booming economy when GDP growth is below 3%?

Trump used to call that type of economic growth “pathetic”. What changed?
I think you would have to compare apples to apples when comparing Trumps economy to Obama's.
Obama's economy was coming out of a recession moving slowly in the right direction. Some
say it should have been moving quicker and some will say it was because of his policies that slowed the recovery.
Also....given the fed rate being higher for Trump shows a stronger economy in the eye of the fed reserve banks.
And, while the other first tier world economies sputtering, ours is doing nicely going in the right direction.

True, it is nice to see our economy moving forward but Trump has used substantial stimulus to get us there.

There are two things you are forgetting though:

1) Almost all jobs created under Obama were part time and therefore worthless
2) Growth under Obama was fake and hollow, stimulated by the massive Stimulus and also healthcare subsidies. It was not real growth

Obama was all smoke and mirrors,.
Trump growth and job creation is REAL

RUSH: Wait a minute! Wait a minute! What the heck’s going on? I thought we were headed for a recession. We were gonna have a recession. I mean, as recently as May and June, we were headed into a recession. Remember that? It was the consensus of all the financial experts in the media. They said, “Buckle up. A recession is coming.” Well, it sure doesn’t feel like that to me, folks.

JOHNNY DONOVAN: And now, from sunny South Florida, it’s Open Line Friday!

RUSH: “U.S. Jobs Trounce Forecasts: 266,000 New Jobs.” The aforementioned experts — themselves dripping with hatred — predicted 180,000 jobs. It’s 266,000 jobs created. The economy is roaring. We have a 50-year low unemployment, 3.5% — a 50-year low. More black men have jobs than ever before. The African-American approval rating for Donald Trump is hovering in the 34 to 35% range. Audio sound bite number 3, Jim Cramer CNBC this morning.

CRAMER: Cable, CNN, MSN, what do they cover? Number 16, 16th, is positive economic news. All the rest of ’em are negative! So you know what’s going on here. People don’t want to say good things, and this is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life! … When we win the trade war — which you know we’re gonna win now because we have the better numbers — then they’re going to have to put the jobs here. That’s what they’re going to have to do. We’re not even talking about that yet. In the end, the Chinese are gonna have to put the jobs here. Because this thing is… The president can walk away from the table with this number. You can’t contradict these are the best numbers of our lives. It doesn’t matter whether you hate him or like him, these are real numbers!

RUSH: There is nothing comparable to this, folks: 3.5% unemployment, a 50-year low, African-Americans with more jobs than they’ve ever had before — expressed as a percentage and in real per capita numbers. Wage growth is commensurate with the job creation. What Cramer’s talking about there with the ChiComs… I addressed this yesterday. The trade deals that we have had with the ChiComs for the last few decades literally added up to the greatest transfer of wealth out of the American middle class. It went to China.

ME: Once again, time proves the Democrats to be liars, and Trump to be a winner.

What a difference a year makes. Last year, recession fears set off Wall Street's worst December since the Great Depression. Now, US stocks are capping off a blockbuster year with yet another dose of extreme optimism. The swing in sentiment has been most pronounced over the past two months A net 68% of global fund managers now say a recession is unlikely in 2020
The strong US economy is Trump's safety blanket - CNNPolitics

RUSH: Wait a minute! Wait a minute! What the heck’s going on? I thought we were headed for a recession. We were gonna have a recession. I mean, as recently as May and June, we were headed into a recession. Remember that? It was the consensus of all the financial experts in the media. They said, “Buckle up. A recession is coming.” Well, it sure doesn’t feel like that to me, folks.

RUSH: “U.S. Jobs Trounce Forecasts: 266,000 New Jobs.” The aforementioned experts — themselves dripping with hatred — predicted 180,000 jobs. It’s 266,000 jobs created. The economy is roaring. We have a 50-year low unemployment, 3.5% — a 50-year low. More black men have jobs than ever before. The African-American approval rating for Donald Trump is hovering in the 34 to 35% range. Audio sound bite number 3, Jim Cramer CNBC this morning.

CRAMER: Cable, CNN, MSN, what do they cover? Number 16, 16th, is positive economic news. All the rest of ’em are negative! So you know what’s going on here. People don’t want to say good things, and this is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life! … When we win the trade war — which you know we’re gonna win now because we have the better numbers — then they’re going to have to put the jobs here. That’s what they’re going to have to do. We’re not even talking about that yet. In the end, the Chinese are gonna have to put the jobs here. Because this thing is… The president can walk away from the table with this number. You can’t contradict these are the best numbers of our lives. It doesn’t matter whether you hate him or like him, these are real numbers!

RUSH: There is nothing comparable to this, folks: 3.5% unemployment, a 50-year low, African-Americans with more jobs than they’ve ever had before — expressed as a percentage and in real per capita numbers. Wage growth is commensurate with the job creation. What Cramer’s talking about there with the ChiComs… I addressed this yesterday. The trade deals that we have had with the ChiComs for the last few decades literally added up to the greatest transfer of wealth out of the American middle class. It went to China.

ME: Once again, time proves the Democrats to be liars, and Trump to be a winner.

Year in Review: Strong Job Market and Consumer Spending Boost Economy as 2019 Wraps Up
This article is part of a special Epoch Times series reviewing 2019
December 22, 2019

Year in Review: Strong Job Market and Consumer Spending Boost Economy as 2019 Wraps Up

The economy is finishing the year in stronger shape, thanks in part to resilient consumers and a healthy job market. With near-record low unemployment and solid wage growth, the U.S. labor market is expected to continue to underpin consumer spending and the economy.

The Commerce Department said Friday that the total output of goods and services, or the gross domestic product (GDP), expanded at an annual rate of 2.1 percent in the July-September quarter. “The economy is still solid,” said Diane Swonk, chief economist at Grant Thornton

ME: Thank you President Trump for a great 2019. Four More Years!!!

America's booming economy is Trump’s 2020 tailwind
History shows America's booming economy could hand Trump a win in 2020

Every incumbent president since FDR who has avoided a recession in the lead-up to an election year was re-elected.

Why it matters: More Americans are saying they approve of President Trump's handling of the economy, even though they disapprove overall. 51% of people disapprove of Trump's job performance in a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll out last week, but 51% approve of him on the economy. If he loses, it would be a big break with recent history.

The 2020 election is about 18 months away, and key metrics show the economy is surprising to the upside.

Details:

• The economy grew 2.3% during Trump's first full year in office, and it hit 2.9% in 2018 — slightly less than the 3% the White House promised, but still the fastest annual pace since 2015.
  • Unemployment is at a 50-year low, and the stretch of job growth that began under Obama has continued for a record 103 months.
  • By the Federal Reserve's own guidance, low interest rates will stay low for a while longer. (In fact, inflation is so tepid, traders are betting interest rates will be even lower in coming months.)

America's booming economy is Trump’s 2020 tailwind
History shows America's booming economy could hand Trump a win in 2020

Every incumbent president since FDR who has avoided a recession in the lead-up to an election year was re-elected.

Why it matters: More Americans are saying they approve of President Trump's handling of the economy, even though they disapprove overall. 51% of people disapprove of Trump's job performance in a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll out last week, but 51% approve of him on the economy. If he loses, it would be a big break with recent history.

The 2020 election is about 18 months away, and key metrics show the economy is surprising to the upside.

Details:

• The economy grew 2.3% during Trump's first full year in office, and it hit 2.9% in 2018 — slightly less than the 3% the White House promised, but still the fastest annual pace since 2015.
  • Unemployment is at a 50-year low, and the stretch of job growth that began under Obama has continued for a record 103 months.
  • By the Federal Reserve's own guidance, low interest rates will stay low for a while longer. (In fact, inflation is so tepid, traders are betting interest rates will be even lower in coming months.)

Terri, let me help you out a little on this, if you don't mind.

The economic growth we have seen is a large % on the consumer side as people feel better about their job situation, and their ability to move to another job if they so desire.

But, and a LARGE BUT, is that business has reinvested in themselves, especially manufacturing with new equipment. We see Ford, and Fiat/Chrysler, investing in plant expansions, and some in to entirely new plants. The auto industry is NOT the only ones.

The problem the Left has painted is what is called a lull. A lull is when industry PURCHASES new equipment, and the time it takes to put said equipment on line, getting it to produce up to its maximization. People who have never worked in factories do not understand that you just do not buy the latest and greatest machinery, plug it in, and it all just starts spitting out widgets. The larger the factory, the longer it takes.

Everyone who wishes to be honest with themselves, and everyone else, has to realize that because of Obama policies, and because nobody knew who he was going to hammer next in industry, that our core industry's stopped investing. When Trump came along, they had a loooooooong way to catch up. This was part of the economic growth we have enjoyed in the last 3 years, as companys/corporations, began reinvesting in themselves.

But the outlay of that cash in new machinery, does not translate from delivery to instant production. In fact, most of the time, when a large entity invests in massive amounts of new machinery, it actually LOSES money for the 1st year as they bring it online, and fine tune it. The key is------------>to see the MASSIVE AMOUNTS of money invested in business as opposed to under Obama, on the belief that things were going to get better, much better; and trust me, there is a huge disparity between manufacturing business investment under the previous administration, and this one.

Let me tell you Terri how this works from a business perspective---------------> It is a businesses job to create the same amount of product, or more; from less inputs. When I say inputs, I mean---------->materials or labor. This allows our standard of living to RISE, as prices fall because of LESS inputs to produce the same product. The key that you are looking for is---------------------> as productivity rises, employment still INCREASES, as production...…..even with new machinery...……..has to be increased to keep up with demand.

That has been happening under Trump, even as much of the machinery has not yet been brought online, or up to its full potential. 2020 is going to be a BETTER year than 19, as far as profits and OUR exports, as our labor cost differential, is offset by our new machinery as it is fired up and tuned. But remember Terri, if our ingenuity made us the best and cheapest by far, woulda made no difference with the barriers our supposed friendly trading partners had in place. Trump is knocking those down like a strike on a bowling alley.

If he succeeds in these endeavors with the congress support, you are going to see massive growth. Why do you think on the USMCA, he demanded environmental protections? For the Lefts happiness? Well, politically partially, but the fact is------------------>our energy, our stability, our infrastructure, and our NEW MACHINERY will out perform almost everyone to those who want to invest, except our ENVIRO policy. Trump was a genius in this endeavor, as instead of cratering ours, insisted that anyone who wants to do business here bring theirs up to snuff, thus taking away the one MASSIVE economic hang up we had in the Americas!

In closing, let me say that yes, my post was a little wonky, but sometimes, when you get the drift of what is actually going a little better, it is easier to SMOKE A LIB, lololol.

Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful New Year!

NEW CONTENT UPDATE posted one hour ago

Not a recession but another year that didn’t hit 3%. Remember when trump said that was awful?

Not a recession but another year that didn’t hit 3%. Remember when trump said that was awful?

How many times does that have to be explained to you idiots? It was terrible when there was massive unemployment and a dragging economy.

NOW we have perfect employment numbers, the lowest in 50 years. Too much growth now could actually hurt.

Stop asking stupid questions.

Last edited:

How many times does that have to be explained to you idiots? It was terrible when there was massive unemployment and a dragging economy.

NOW we have perfect employment numbers, the lowest in 50 years. To much growth now could actually hurt.

Stop asking stupid questions.
Yeah growth could hurt those huge deficits. You must think people are idiots...

If the economy grows too slowly, or even contracts, it's not healthy. If it grows too fast, that's not ideal either. If GDP growth starts spiking above 4% for several quarters, it means there is an asset bubble. In the business cycle, the phase that follows expansion is the peak.

If nothing is done, the economy will go into recession. When the economy grows too fast it overheats. There's too much money chasing too few real growth opportunities. Investors start putting excess money into mediocre investments. When they lose money, they panic. They start selling, causing more investments to lose money. It doesn't end until prices are low enough to stop the madness and attract investors again.

Ideal GDP growth is 2%

NEW CONTENT UPDATE posted one hour ago

Where's the 4% the con bragged about?
Do you ever look at numbers or just blab knees news talking points.
?
He hasn't created any more jobs than Obama.
The monthly average stays the same

If the economy grows too slowly, or even contracts, it's not healthy. If it grows too fast, that's not ideal either. If GDP growth starts spiking above 4% for several quarters, it means there is an asset bubble. In the business cycle, the phase that follows expansion is the peak.

If nothing is done, the economy will go into recession. When the economy grows too fast it overheats. There's too much money chasing too few real growth opportunities. Investors start putting excess money into mediocre investments. When they lose money, they panic. They start selling, causing more investments to lose money. It doesn't end until prices are low enough to stop the madness and attract investors again.

Ideal GDP growth is 2%
Not with our debt it isn’t. We need to pay for them trump tax cuts and this growth isn’t doing it. Trillion dollar deficits.

Forum List

Back