Book Recommendations

I just finished [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pirate-Latitudes-Michael-Crichton/dp/0061929387/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283568868&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Pirate Latitudes (9780061929380): Michael Crichton: Books[/ame]

Very quick, light page turner; great for reading whilst sitting on a beach in Jamaica drinking rum punch.

Its about as far from the Atlas Shrugged Genre as you can possibly get, without reading a comic book.

Perhaps more to your liking would be his State of Fear

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/State-Fear-Michael-Crichton/dp/0061782661/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2[/ame]

Written before its time: An expose on the Warmist's Fear Machine.

Last edited:
Hmm those book recommendations mostly make my head hurt. I either read for technical knowledge or for entertainment.
I do not read to learn how to think or what to think. I figured that out on my own.

Hmm those book recommendations mostly make my head hurt. I either read for technical knowledge or for entertainment.
I do not read to learn how to think or what to think. I figured that out on my own.

try these:

IntelBooks1.jpg

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/

developed my own hobby operating system by reading these

Actually I like those kinds of books.

I have a pretty good library of electronic and computer tech books.
Damned hard to find though. Barnes and Noble has a piss poor selection.
I have had to direct order most of my tech books, I also get many at university bookstores.

I have had to direct order most of my tech books, I also get many at university bookstores.

do you do programming or do you still at the hardware level?

do you do programming or do you still at the hardware level?

I have done programming since the magnetic core memory days.
I started out with pure machine code programming.
Been a few years since I have done much except read code and recommend fixes for the actual programmers though.
I was taught how to make an entire CPU using mostly 74XXX series chips.

Sometimes you meed to climb down, pure pulp it will be a fun movie

pleasure-model-rowlwy.jpg

Bloodstained+Man.jpg

next in series the moneyshot

money-shot.jpg

Last edited:
And we can't have a book recommendation thread without mentioning the greatest sci-fi book ever written.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

enders-game-novel-cover%5B1%5D.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Enders Game the best ever written?

I read it and do not agree.
Good but the greatest?

Orson Scott Card is a fun writer, and Ender's Game is super. Some of his early Mormon-themed novels are good. The ones dealing with the women of the Old Testament are very lame, imho.

Ender's Game/War is indeed an excellent book. The rest of the trilogy is not as good, but still worthy reading.

I recently reread Nivent and Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye" - fabulous book about first contact with a Very Different type of alien civilization.

Ender's Game/War is indeed an excellent book. The rest of the trilogy is not as good, but still worthy reading.

I recently reread Nivent and Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye" - fabulous book about first contact with a Very Different type of alien civilization.

An alien civilization based on OCTOPODS???????

:eusa_drool:

oh and another good read, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet especially for a politics site.

1984.jpg

It's amazing how relevant the whole book is today, even though it was written 62 years ago.

If you really want to know what has motivated Glenn Beck, and his passion for the founding fathers, which led to his promoting of "restoring honor" in the individual, which will then result in electing people of honor, this book is his foundation for it all.

5000+year+leap.jpg

If you really want to know what has motivated Glenn Beck, and his passion for the founding fathers, which led to his promoting of "restoring honor" in the individual, which will then result in electing people of honor, this book is his foundation for it all.

5000+year+leap.jpg

I would suggest folks would query Cleon Skousen, Robert Welch, and the John Birch Society while reading the book.

Forum List

Back