Book Recommendations

Sherry, no one is dismissing anything. I am merely give nuance to that which you wish to discuss. Folks will be able to discuss Beck and the Skousenic principles in their proper context: LDS millenarian eschatology: the Mormon Kingdom of God will rule theocratically here on earth all of mankind. Is this not so?

Sherry, no one is dismissing anything. I am merely give nuance to that which you wish to discuss. Folks will be able to discuss Beck and the Skousenic principles in their proper context: LDS millenarian eschatology: the Mormon Kingdom of God will rule theocratically here on earth all of mankind. Is this not so?

I don't need intimate knowledge of any particular religious faith to embrace the ideals which apply to them all. Again, you are attempting to paint those principles with some hidden agenda. So why won't you step up and point specifically to those which you interpret will lead to a theocracy??

My "hidden" agenda is to put those principles in context.

Your hidden agenda is to hide that context.

Sherry, if you are LDS, you are violating your Temple covenant to be honest with all men and women. If you are not LDS, you are simply being deceptive, and not being very good at it. Either or, just fess up and move on.

Sherry, if you are LDS, you are violating your Temple covenant to be honest with all men and women. If you are not LDS, you are simply being deceptive, and not being very good at it. Either or, just fess up and move on.

I'm a heathen Lutheran.:lol: You are not just trying to state who the author is, you're attempting to discredit his words by tying them to his particular faith. You can't seem to grasp that they can stand outside of his faith and apply to all people of faith. I get why you're trying to do so, but it's deceptive. Why do you continue to avoid addressing any of the principles to prove your claim??

George Washington's Sacred Fire. Peter Lillback. Just finished it. Great book for those who are interested in the history of America and the men who built it.

Yes, it's very good reading. I'm still reading it, but getting towards the end.
I found quite a few things very interestting. One was that Jews and Muslims were here before we became a nation.

I'm a heathen Lutheran.:lol: You are not just trying to state who the author is, you're attempting to discredit his words by tying them to his particular faith. You can't seem to grasp that they can stand outside of his faith and apply to all people of faith. I get why you're trying to do so, but it's deceptive. Why do you continue to avoid addressing any of the principles to prove your claim??

The LDS may think you belong to a heathen faith, I don't. The principles can be fairly discussed in context. I have no idea why you are so afraid of full disclosure so that a full examination of the principles can begin.

The LDS may think you belong to a heathen faith, I don't. The principles can be fairly discussed in context. I have no idea why you are so afraid of full disclosure so that a full examination of the principles can begin.

So discuss them. Which ones do you agree/disagree with and why??

Oh, the principles themselves? Sherry, I don't care what a wack like Glenn Beck (whom I have personally met and like) thinks about American history. And I certainly hold no respect for Cleon Skousen at all: the man's word generally could not be trusted. No need to based on these guys' reps.

Oh, the principles themselves? Sherry, I don't care what a wack like Glenn Beck (whom I have personally met and like) thinks about American history. And I certainly hold no respect for Cleon Skousen at all: the man's word generally could not be trusted. No need to based on these guys' reps.

You're being lazy.

Not at all. I have read all of Cleon's work and about him that is available, including the FBI materials released to the public that reveal his lack of integrity. Glenn was urged by many to reveal his LDS faith for years before he finally did. He cannot divorce his principles from the milieu in which they were formed. Why are so afraid of the context, Sherry? Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember you as one of the crowd urging full disclosure about Obama. Can't have it both ways, kid, and be a person of integrity.

Not at all. I have read all of Cleon's work and about him that is available, including the FBI materials released to the public that reveal his lack of integrity. Glenn was urged by many to reveal his LDS faith for years before he finally did. He cannot divorce his principles from the milieu in which they were formed. Why are so afraid of the context, Sherry? Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember you as one of the crowd urging full disclosure about Obama. Can't have it both ways, kid, and be a person of integrity.

Nice shot in the dark.:lol: I'm not part of a crowd. You keep distracting from the principles by pretending that they are part of one religious faith. Just because you know the history of the author, doesn't mean you're unable to examine the principles for their worth apart from any one individual. You just keep trying to find ways to avoid doing so. That's your choice, but you're being insincere.

Sherry, you are showing some fraying around the edges.

Yes, you did say we had to know all about Obama. Do you now deny that?

I have examined them, Sherry, and they cannot stand alone from their context.

Why are you so afraid of the context?

Sherry, you are showing some fraying around the edges.

Yes, you did say we had to know all about Obama. Do you now deny that?

I have examined them, Sherry, and they cannot stand alone from their context.

Why are you so afraid of the context?

Link please.:lol:

I've given you several opportunities to take the principles head on and illustrate why you do or do not agree with them, but you simply refuse to do so with a lame attempt at proclaiming them to belong to one organized religion. You have failed.

Sherry has a fail.

She will not discuss these principles out of context, because if she does, then she will be forced to defend them within their religious context. End of story.

Sherry has a fail.

She will not discuss these principles out of context, because if she does, then she will be forced to defend them within their religious context. End of story.

I agree with them in or out of your context. It doesn't matter to me. You are the one who refuses to defend your beliefs for or against the principles. You just dismiss them as unworthy of your review. Lame.

They make no sense out of their context of Mormon eschatology.

Every time you try to bring this up on any board anywhere, you will have to deal with the context.

'Killing Pablo' by Mark Bowden.

This is an excellent read detailing the American and Columbian efforts to capture Pablo Escobar. There's a movie by the same name coming out next year.

killing-pablo.jpg

Two excellent military reads.

"A Rifleman Went To War"

"Marine Sniper - 93 Confirmed Kills" (Carlos Hathcock's autobiography. Hathcock was the greatest sniper of all-time and a jarhead to boot).

OrSS8PExsp6g3RF.jpg

RWTW.jpg

Here's a 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand.

It's a fictional philosophical book about a dystopian United States and the people who refuse to be exploited by society.

I've read this novel a few times in my life and am currently reading it again. Warning to all. It's not a light read. It's long, deep and philosophical. But definitely worth it. Absolute classic.

atlasshrugged.jpg
Excellent book, a must read.

I am now reading a book called Shooter an autobiography about a marine sniper.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back