Book Of Enoch

I wish I could thank AND click informative at the same time, Votto. Thank you for that.

Ashamed to say I never heard of such a book. I recognize the name, but...he had a book too? Which brings me to the question: why was it not included in the bible? So many gospels and books tossed to the wayside and not in there. So..why not?

Anyway..I googled and found this. Interesting.

Book of Enoch - Wikipedia
It was not endorsed , or even mentioned by the early Church. And it's not in the Bible because it does not meet the requirements of inspired Scripture. For one, it was not written by one of the Apostles, or someone close to them. No one even knows, for sure, who wrote it.

Ashamed to say I never heard of such a book. I recognize the name, but...he had a book too? Which brings me to the question: why was it not included in the bible? So many gospels and books tossed to the wayside and not in there. So..why not?

Anyway..I googled and found this. Interesting.

Book of Enoch - Wikipedia

It was too Jewish for the Christians. Too Christian for the Jews.

If you want to know more about Enoch read chapter 6&7

it's not in the Bible because it does not meet the requirements of inspired Scripture.
And who decides what is "required" inspired Scripture?
I believe God was responsible for that. Or do you claim that He had nothing to do with it? The fact remains that if there is no God, my claim is invalid. But if there is a God, He would have made sure that we got His message intact. Don't you think?

people----even in ancient times-----wrote all sorts of stuff ------most of it has not survived.
Jasher probably never hit the BEST SELLERS list

it's not in the Bible because it does not meet the requirements of inspired Scripture.
I believe God was responsible for that. Or do you claim that He had nothing to do with it? The fact remains that if there is no God, my claim is invalid. But if there is a God, He would have made sure that we got His message intact. Don't you think?
No. I believe God intended for good and wise men that He spoke to, to pass on His messages thru those He walked with. But, man is not perfect. Only one was and look what was done to him!
Evil abounds and always has. So I don't trust any man that claims to speak for God because being non perfect, with flaws, that man or men have agendas that suit their own purposes. And some of those men decided, in their non perfect way, to decide for all what books or gospels should be paid attention to...and which ones were not deemed good enough to whatever agenda that needed to be met during those times.

Mary was beloved by Jesus. To what extent, nobody knows. But she was very involved in his teachings and spreading of Gods word. Alas..she was a mere woman, and even Peter had issue with how fond Jesus was of her.

She went down in history as a whore..not as Jesus' friend that he trusted enough to keep by his side.

No. I believe God intended for good and wise men that He spoke to, to pass on His messages thru those He walked with. But, man is not perfect. Only one was and look what was done to him!
Evil abounds and always has. So I don't trust any man that claims to speak for God because being non perfect, with flaws, that man or men have agendas that suit their own purposes. And some of those men decided, in their non perfect way, to decide for all what books or gospels should be paid attention to...and which ones were not deemed good enough to whatever agenda that needed to be met during those times.
You are taking God out of the equation. I believe that men of God assembled the Bible by a strict set of standards that was agreed to by everyone involved. In fact, most of the New Testament had already been decided on before the council of Nicea. The council simply affirmed those decisions. I believe that God oversaw that process. and that the Bible is reliable and accurate in every way. To believe otherwise is to believe that God is impotent.

Mary was beloved by Jesus. To what extent, nobody knows. But she was very involved in his teachings and spreading of Gods word. Alas..she was a mere woman, and even Peter had issue with how fond Jesus was of her.

She went down in history as a whore..not as Jesus' friend that he trusted enough to keep by his side.
I believe it was a different Mary that was a whore. You're confused.

That would be the Catholic church, correct? The ones that picked and chose which would be included, and which would be ignored?

The Catholic Church didn't choose the canon, for the simple reason it didn't exist until after the synods, despite all the ravings from conspiracy buffs. Enoch is questioned for a number of reasons, mostly of provenance; most of the standard books have traceable provenances, and some were not included for a number of reasons, like redundancy, being just passion literature, and the like; the orthodoxy dominated because it was by far the most widespread and accepted. 'Canon' is a bit of a misnomer re the Old and New Testaments anyway, they only four books making up the genuine New Testament canon being the Four Gospels. The rest are chosen for being the most complimentary, for both variety and consistency. Some were rejected because they were total rubbish, like the Arian forgeries. and of course the so-called 'Gnostic' junk that isn't relevant or even Christian to begin with, just recycled pagan garbage.

Other methods they had for determining legitimacy besides age will be the subject of a thread I'm starting in a little while, if the board software doesn't completely crap out on me.

Last edited:

lol..yeah. Probably a lot confused. I am no expert on Bible stuff.

I believe it was a different Mary that was a whore. You're confused. Or are we talking about the same Mary. Maybe I'm confused. Perhaps you could eleborate.

You are taking God out of the equation. I believe that men of God assembled the Bible by a strict set of standards that was agreed to by everyone involved. In fact, most of the New Testament had already been decided on before the council of Nicea. The council simply affirmed those decisions. I believe that God oversaw that process. and that the Bible is reliable and accurate in every way. To believe otherwise is to believe that God is impotent.
God and I are good. No worries there. :)

I believe it was a different Mary that was a whore. You're confused. Or are we talking about the same Mary. Maybe I'm confused. Perhaps you could eleborate.
Oh heck no can I elaborate. I'd just confuse myself some more, lol.

lol..yeah. Probably a lot confused. I am no expert on Bible stuff.
Perhaps you were thinking of Mary Magdelene.

Oh heck no can I elaborate. I'd just confuse myself some more, lol.
LOL! You're a trip.

Forum List

Back