Book Of Enoch

Mary was beloved by Jesus. To what extent, nobody knows. But she was very involved in his teachings and spreading of Gods word. Alas..she was a mere woman, and even Peter had issue with how fond Jesus was of her.

She went down in history as a whore..not as Jesus' friend that he trusted enough to keep by his side.
I believe it was a different Mary that was a whore. You're confused.
lol..yeah. Probably a lot confused. I am no expert on Bible stuff.
Perhaps you were thinking of Mary Magdelene.
Wasn't she "introduced" to Jesus after washing his feet, and then became a disciple? Damn. Now I am gonna have to google it.

Mary Magdalene has the reputation in Western Christianity as being a repentant prostitute or loose woman; however, these claims are not supported by the canonical gospels. The identity of Mary Magdalene is believed to have been merged with the identity of the unnamed sinner who anoints Jesus' feet in Luke 7:36–50.

See? Even they are confused!! :lol:

it's not in the Bible because it does not meet the requirements of inspired Scripture.
And who decides what is "required" inspired Scripture?
I believe God was responsible for that. Or do you claim that He had nothing to do with it? The fact remains that if there is no God, my claim is invalid. But if there is a God, He would have made sure that we got His message intact. Don't you think?
No. I believe God intended for good and wise men that He spoke to, to pass on His messages thru those He walked with. But, man is not perfect. Only one was and look what was done to him!
Evil abounds and always has. So I don't trust any man that claims to speak for God because being non perfect, with flaws, that man or men have agendas that suit their own purposes. And some of those men decided, in their non perfect way, to decide for all what books or gospels should be paid attention to...and which ones were not deemed good enough to whatever agenda that needed to be met during those times.
You are taking God out of the equation. I believe that men of God assembled the Bible by a strict set of standards that was agreed to by everyone involved. In fact, most of the New Testament had already been decided on before the council of Nicea. The council simply affirmed those decisions. I believe that God oversaw that process. and that the Bible is reliable and accurate in every way. To believe otherwise is to believe that God is impotent.

There is enough historical evidence available as well for the orthodoxy and choice of books included.

Mary was beloved by Jesus. To what extent, nobody knows. But she was very involved in his teachings and spreading of Gods word. Alas..she was a mere woman, and even Peter had issue with how fond Jesus was of her.

She went down in history as a whore..not as Jesus' friend that he trusted enough to keep by his side.
Perhaps you were thinking of Mary Magdelene.
Wasn't she "introduced" to Jesus after washing his feet, and then became a disciple? Damn. Now I am gonna have to google it.

she washed a guy's feet before even being introduced? ------gee

Many people are most surprised to learn that nowhere in the Bible is Mary Magdalene described as a prostitute. Her reputation as a reformed prostitute has no explicit biblical support, but it does have church support. Pope Gregory I (d. 604) gave legs to this misinterpretation by delivering a sermon that equated both Mary of Bethany and the anonymous hair-washing sinner woman (Luke 7:36-50) with Mary Magdalene. This portrait also absorbed the story of the unnamed woman caught in adultery (John 7:53-8:11), the combination making the popular image of Mary Magdalene quite different from the biblical depictions.

Now do you see why I half assed believe what is written in the bible with a dose of doubt? Because it was written BY MAN, decided BY MAN what would be included in todays bible, and MAN has agendas. Back then, women were valued less than a horse.

Mary Magdalene has the reputation in Western Christianity as being a repentant prostitute or loose woman; however, these claims are not supported by the canonical gospels. The identity of Mary Magdalene is believed to have been merged with the identity of the unnamed sinner who anoints Jesus' feet in Luke 7:36–50.

You used wikipedia, didn't you? Perhaps this will help. You need to go to the source. Let's see what Scripture says about her.

Mary Magdalene - All the Women of the Bible - Bible Gateway

You used wikipedia, didn't you? Perhaps this will help. You need to go to the source. Let's see what Scripture says about her.

Mary Magdalene - All the Women of the Bible - Bible Gateway
Neither of those quotes came from Wiki. One came from biblenet and the other from here:
Mary Magdalene

That's fine; as long as you stick with the four Gospels and John's epistles and the like, that is the essence of the Christian theology and you don't need to bother with most of the other stuff in order to be faithful; most of the alleged 'inconsistencies' are imaginary and pseudo-intellectual nonsense anyway. You can find out more by reading Joachim Jeremias book Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus for an excellent scholarly study of the 1st century and the milieu in which all of the New Testament writings took place, and it will also make a lot of the stories and references less mysterious and edifying as well.

Now do you see why I half assed believe what is written in the bible with a dose of doubt? Because it was written BY MAN, decided BY MAN what would be included in todays bible, and MAN has agendas. Back then, women were valued less than a horse.
I'm sorry. That is not true. Read the story Of Ruth. That's in the book of Ruth BTW.

And Ruth!!! Oh yes, lets talk about Ruth. Who used herbs and stuff..very paganish things. At least, I think it was Ruth. She was in a red tent.
LOL. I sound so damn dumb!!

And even dumber is..I still have not figured out if Jesus and God are two separate entities or one person with God being Jesus in human form.
I confess. I am quite ignorant.

And even dumber is..I still have not figured out if Jesus and God are two separate entities or one person with God being Jesus in human form.
I confess. I am quite ignorant.
From what I understand, The Trinity is three persons who exist as one being. They are three seperate persons who share the essence of God. For instance, in Genesis, God said let us make man in our own image. The Bible also states that all things were created by Him (Jesus) and for Him. That implies that Jesus is also God. There are other verses that support this. One in particular in Luke, I believe. It was a conversation between God and Jesus. It mentioned how the Father (God) loved the Son (Jesus) before the foundations of the world. This implies that Jesus is eternal, just as God is. There is no confusion here. You simply have to look at everything in context. That includes Biblical, historical, and cultural context. It makes perfect sense then. Here's an example. Remember when Jesus had a conversation with Peter? Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him. The English translation does not do it justice, because the word love was used for three different words in the original language. They were different degrees of love, from "well, yeah. You're my buddy" all the way up to Agape love, which is the highest form of love. When you know the original language it all makes sense.

Cus a lot of it just doesn't make sense unless you think metaphorically. I think. Now stop that! :meow:

Not right now. Perhaps another time. I just took my ONE single pain pill and a melatonin. Brain is a tad fuzzy.

Not right now. Perhaps another time. I just took my ONE single pain pill and a melatonin. Brain is a tad fuzzy.
A couple of shots of vodka does the trick for me. Not an alcoholic, but it dulls the pain. No better pain killer, IMHO. Maybe I should try to find a more comfortable bed too. Might help.

Forum List

Back