Bombshell to Rock White House: Obama Adm. Offered Bribe to Candidate in Specter Race

I may be wrong...but a rumor would involve a third party. When one of the two parties involved claims something had been done by the other party TO the first party, it is not deemed a rumor..it is deemed an accusation.

... and an accusation isn't worth anything unless you have some proof to back it up. All the allegations of wrong doing in the Plame case and all that came out of it was a perjury charge for covering up...nothing.

This will probably turn out to be nothing, unless someone does something really stupid to try to cover it up.

If someone is offered a job, don't they usually withdraw from "other jobs"? Just asking.

No one is going to be confirmed for a job they aren't qualified for. Unless it's someone like "Brownie" for FEMA or something.

Exactly...being offered an appointment to such a job is just an appointment. The Senate still has to approve.

I am a cross poster. I post the same shit at several forums

<li class="g w0">White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races

16 posts - 14 authors - Last post: 12 hours ago
This certainly is a Federal Crime and Impeachable Offense for offering bribes for political gain. This is the type of pure corruption and ...
freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2457266/posts - 12 hours ago -
<li class="g w0" style="margin-left: 3em;">White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races

50 posts - 39 authors - Last post: yesterday
This certainly is a Federal Crime and Impeachable Offense for offering bribes for political gain. This is the type of pure corruption and ...
White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races -

15 posts - 14 authors - Last post: 12 hours ago
209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/2457266/posts - 12 hours ago -

<li class="g w0" style="margin-left: 3em;">White House Accused of Federal Crime in Specter, Bennet Races

So what is the big deal here? Someone can't post what they want where they want?

Last edited:

So what is the big deal here? I can't post what I want where I want? By the way I did not post that in your quote. Where did that come from?
I broke the rules and misquoted you...you are breaking the rules by posting the same shit at several forums. Either that, or you're plagerizing this drivel.

A Retired Navy Admiral being asked to head the Navy. Wow, that does sound like a conspiracy.

Yeah....you are right....why bring upo the stuff about that same retired Navy Admiral saying that he was told he can have the job ONLY if he withdraws form the senbatorial race.

Afterall, why would that be important?

Jeez.....how can you be so "agreeing" with every move this administration is ACCUSED of.

I mean....whatever happened to..."I support this POTUS but if, in fact, this turns out to be true, it was pretty dam scummy of him."

Well yea. He can't have both jobs.:cuckoo:

I may be wrong...but a rumor would involve a third party. When one of the two parties involved claims something had been done by the other party TO the first party, it is not deemed a rumor..it is deemed an accusation.

... and an accusation isn't worth anything unless you have some proof to back it up. All the allegations of wrong doing in the Plame case and all that came out of it was a perjury charge for covering up...nothing.

This will probably turn out to be nothing, unless someone does something really stupid to try to cover it up.

I dont disagree...and I would like this to end without anything serious done wrong.

But I was clarifying for VaY the difference between a rumor and an accusation. This is an accusation.....NOT a rumor.

However, we must also bear in mind the motive of the accuser. Right now, all I can get is that the accuser actually LOSES credibility and party support for making the accusation...and gains nothing.....so, what can his motive be?

You realize that motive is important in determining the validity of an accusation and whether it warrants further investigation.

What was his motive to make it up?

"Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office .

What, specifically, did the Obama administration receive that was a "thing of value" in reciprocation for appointing these people to governmental posts?

Did the Senators in question, that these people would have otherwise run against, pay the members of the Obama administration for their efforts?

If they didn't, you have no case whatsoever, and should STFU.

Apparently, this week's right wing talking point is to accuse random people on the left of criminal acts.

A Retired Navy Admiral being asked to head the Navy. Wow, that does sound like a conspiracy.

Yeah....you are right....why bring upo the stuff about that same retired Navy Admiral saying that he was told he can have the job ONLY if he withdraws form the senbatorial race.

Afterall, why would that be important?

Jeez.....how can you be so "agreeing" with every move this administration is ACCUSED of.

I mean....whatever happened to..."I support this POTUS but if, in fact, this turns out to be true, it was pretty dam scummy of him."

Well yea. He can't have both jobs.:cuckoo:
You are trying your hardest to discredit me....and I applaud the effort.
I read it that it was presented this way

If you quit the race, I will give you the position.

That is quid pro quo in my eyes

However, it may have been presented to him this way:

I want you in the WH with me, but you will need to resign from the race.

That is normal, ethical, hiring pracitce.

So which one was it...and what is his motive to release this if it were NOT the way he claims?

Isn't it funny, Republicans complain about a qualified Retired Navy Admiral being offered a job as "Head of the Navy", and yet didn't have a single complaint about a "horse judge" being made head of FEMA. Or hacks being hired by the Justice Department. Or goons replacing scientists in the EPA.

I swear, they want to turn this country into Afghanistan. And remember. The people in Afghanistan don't have health insurance either and they believe in "magical creation".

Apparently, this week's right wing talking point is to accuse random people on the left of criminal acts.

Funny...and maybe I am wrong......but isnt he a democrat and running in the democratic primary?

I mean.....what "right wing" person is making the accusation?

And by the way....only naive people use "right wing" when referring to the right.

Are you a niave person?

Sestak is a Democrat... Hardly a right-winger...

Harry Reid says the war is lost and the left jumps on his bandwagon spouting their crap.

Another democrat makes an accusation, and the right wants to hear more about it...and we are all about right wing talking points.

Pathetic group of lefties in this forum.

They are clueless as to how to debate.

So what is the big deal here? I can't post what I want where I want? By the way I did not post that in your quote. Where did that come from?
I broke the rules and misquoted you...you are breaking the rules by posting the same shit at several forums. Either that, or you're plagerizing this drivel.
What rules? I can post topics I choose at any forum I want. Is there a problem of doing this under my username?

Forum List

Back