Bombshell to Rock White House: Obama Adm. Offered Bribe to Candidate in Specter Race

Lots of "accusations", don't see any proof. And givce me a break, Palin had many ethics accusations. THis one is damning, but you Palin blinders claimed it was all false claims. But this "accusation" comes out and you think its damning. You guys are so full of shit.

:clap2:

Not bad...

Took 76 posts in to get to a Palin reference... I thought it would have been earlier...

OK, sounds clear to me too. Now the question is....is offering a member of your party a job in government (a job that is usually offered to members of your own party) a crime?

The difference is offering a position to fellow party member as a favor for dropping out of a primary is not the same as offering a position to a fellow party member...

Geez some people are so partisan that they are either liars or in utter denial, of corruption and crime when it is being committed right before their very eyes.

It is a shame that you have to explain this to bodecea

I am willing to be convinced. Tell me what is illegal about this.

Lots of "accusations", don't see any proof. And givce me a break, Palin had many ethics accusations. THis one is damning, but you Palin blinders claimed it was all false claims. But this "accusation" comes out and you think its damning. You guys are so full of shit.

Yup it's "everyone does it" again. Will the Left never tire of this one?
For the record, there was never a Palin ethics accusation, out of hundreds, that was proven. So they are prima facie false.
Here it remains to be seen. But coming from Chicago, Obama is used to doing business this way. He barely escaped the Blago scandal. We'll see if this sticks.

Can we all agree that unless Faux News thinks this is a story, that it probably is just BS? Faux News is anti-Obama and if this was real news, it would have been a headline for them by now.

So now your "Faux News" is the news that lends a story credibility.

You make me laugh sometimes...I just hope it is intentional on your part.

You can not be that stupid.

Wow, you really showed us how to win a debate there. :cuckoo:

Actually, asshole....I did.

After VaY tried to divert, I followed up with something that VaY could not mince words with...and VaY did not follow....so yes, I showed how to win a debate there.

Of course, VaY will now say that I was not worthy of a response....but that will simply be another diversion tactic.

Hmmmm...comparing the actions of a former politician turned TV commentator who has no role in law making with the actions of the President....who is DIRECTLY involved with our law making.

Are you aware that Palin has no affect on your life at all?

Or does she?

In this case, it does,k it shows the utter hackery and hypocritical nature of the blind Obama bashers. But I know, that messes up your pretty little worldview so it must not be valid. THe OP, who I was addressing, claimed "this is what Palin was fighting against" meanwhile when she was governor she had tons of accusations and ethics compliants (and ended up quitting, hmmmm. but that is besides the poiunt) but the Palin defenders claimed they were just political ;attacks. Now this comes accusation comes along against Obama with no proof, and people say its damning.

Give me break you disingenuous hacks

This is pretty fucked up:

(Sestak)
"I'm not going to say who or how and what was offered," Sestak told The Inquirer on Thursday. "I don't feel it's appropriate."
Sestak holds to story of job offer | Philadelphia Inquirer | 02/20/2010

Can anyone show where the obama admin made the offer? Sestak's credibility is in high question. If he doesn't feel it is "appropriate" to report an actual crime then (a) why did he make the claim? and (b) if this is true it means he does not value upholding the law, which if I'm not mistaken, is usually a vital part of being an elected official.

Gotta agree. If Sestak doesn't come clean with all the info then I think this isn't much of a story. Without all the facts its hard to take it seriously.

Jeeze. Wonder why this dude doesn't want to lay out all the facts???

Much too early to know if this story has legs, but the media dogs are at least barking up a tree just a wee bit...

Yup it's "everyone does it" again. Will the Left never tire of this one?
For the record, there was never a Palin ethics accusation, out of hundreds, that was proven. So they are prima facie false.
Here it remains to be seen. But coming from Chicago, Obama is used to doing business this way. He barely escaped the Blago scandal. We'll see if this sticks.

There is no evidence here, nothing "daming" as the OP states

don't you hacks tired of making absurd and false accusations of obama and do anything, say anything to try and discredit him because you don't like his policies?

day in and day out of this stupidity, and you say isn't it getting old for the left? Yeah, it is getting old to see these childish, petty, partisan hackery against Obama

The difference is offering a position to fellow party member as a favor for dropping out of a primary is not the same as offering a position to a fellow party member...

Geez some people are so partisan that they are either liars or in utter denial, of corruption and crime when it is being committed right before their very eyes.

That's what we're discussing... Whether this act was a violation of this:

"Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office

Sounds like it may very well be a violation...

So now your "Faux News" is the news that lends a story credibility.

You make me laugh sometimes...I just hope it is intentional on your part.

You can not be that stupid.

Wow, you really showed us how to win a debate there. :cuckoo:

Actually, asshole....I did.

After VaY tried to divert, I followed up with something that VaY could not mince words with...and VaY did not follow....so yes, I showed how to win a debate there.

Of course, VaY will now say that I was not worthy of a response....but that will simply be another diversion tactic.

Yes, in old dementia world, you sure do win all the time. You are so superior. But unfortunately the rest of us live in the real world.

Oh, look at the the child name calling like he always complains about :cuckoo:

"Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both." -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office

Hmmmm...comparing the actions of a former politician turned TV commentator who has no role in law making with the actions of the President....who is DIRECTLY involved with our law making.

Are you aware that Palin has no affect on your life at all?

Or does she?

In this case, it does,k it shows the utter hackery and hypocritical nature of the blind Obama bashers. But I know, that messes up your pretty little worldview so it must not be valid. THe OP, who I was addressing, claimed "this is what Palin was fighting against" meanwhile when she was governor she had tons of accusations and ethics compliants (and ended up quitting, hmmmm. but that is besides the poiunt) but the Palin defenders claimed they were just political ;attacks. Now this comes accusation comes along against Obama with no proof, and people say its damning.

Give me break you disingenuous hacks

Fair enough....But your post did not elaborate that point.

I actually agrree with your point..

So lets see how this unfolds...if the accusations are valid, then you will not be bale to compare it to the Palin thing...

So we will wait and see.

For me...if you read my posts....I used the word IF often...malking it clear that I have not made a judgement call on this until all of the evidence comes out (IF there is any).

But do not get me wrong...I still see you as an ass with the debating skills of Biden...unable to beat an amateur like Palin.

I would have to see what the legal definition of "anything of value" is. Not all quid pro quo is illegal. But giving gifts, money, real estate, trips are illegal.

I would have to see what the legal definition of "anything of value" is. Not all quid pro quo is illegal. But giving gifts, money, real estate, trips are illegal.

And I must believe that "giving" a positon in the WH at a pre-determined salary and benefits in return for a "favor" would be considered something of value as well.

Now the question is....did it happen?

What gets me is that it's a Dem making the accusation during what appears to be a tough battle coming up for the Dems during elections. Dogbert could be right that the guy feels slighted by his party, which is likely, but it also seems as if he is signing his own political death warrant with these accusations by losing any future support he may have gotten had he not came forward. I would bet this guy is telling the truth, and his main reason for doing it is because he has no idea WTF the Dems would stand so strong behind a party traitor. I know I ask myself that too. Specter has been in office like 30 years... get him out.

You're missing this part: "to obtain appointive public office"

Again, I'm not caying a crime was committed, but if Sestack is telling the truth then there is a possibility that one may have... Some here are automatically dismissing this...

USC 18 - US CODE 18 - U.S. Code - Title 18: Crimes and Criminal Procedure - vLex

Figures:

The American Spectator : About Us

Internships

The American Spectator takes pride in its history of providing meaningful experience to young conservatives. Duties don't involve sorting mail or making copies, but rather giving you the tools and clips necessary to succeed as a journalist. While there are no requirements, it is highly recommended that applicants have experience writing for a college newspaper and a GPA above 3.0. Please send a resume, writing samples, and references to [email protected], with the subject line "INTERNSHIP."

Alfred S. Regnery

Publisher

Alfred S. Regnery is the publisher of The American Spectator. He is the former president and publisher of Regnery Publishing, Inc., which produced twenty-two New York Times bestsellers during his tenure. Regnery also served in the Justice Department during the Reagan Administration, worked on the U.S. Senate staff, and has been in private law practice. He currently serves on several corporate and non-profit boards, and is the Chairman of the Intercollegiate Studies Institute.

His first book, Upstream: The Ascendance of American Conservatism, was published in 2008. The book has been praised as one of the best authoritative accounts on the history of the American conservative movement.

The American Spectator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American Spectator is a conservative U.S. monthly magazine covering news and politics, edited by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. and published by the non-profit American Spectator Foundation. From its founding in 1967 until the late 1980s, the small-circulation magazine featured the writings of authors such as Thomas Sowell, Tom Wolfe, P.J. O'Rourke, George F. Will, Malcolm Gladwell, Patrick J. Buchanan, and Malcolm Muggeridge, although today the magazine is best known for its attacks in the 1990s on Bill Clinton and its "Arkansas Project" to discredit the president, funded by businessman Richard Mellon Scaife and the Bradley Foundation.[1]

History has a way of repeating itself. Follow the money, who's doing it this time.

And your point would be... what?

Was the National Enquirer wrong about Edwards?

And I must believe that "giving" a positon in the WH at a pre-determined salary and benefits in return for a "favor" would be considered something of value as well.

Now the question is....did it happen?

A position of power also.... not just the cash.. It's a way bigger deal than many here are acknowledging imo

"Whoever solicits or receives … any….thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both, except if they are a Democrat, a member of the Democrat Party or Obama, a member of the Obama Administration or believe in Hope and Change" -- 18 USC Sec. 211 -- Bribery, Graft and Conflicts of Interest: Acceptance or solicitation to obtain appointive public office

It happened when you were sleeping

Forum List

Back