Boiled eggs, simple with many health benefits.

To get the bright yellow fluffy yokes like the picture shows,

In large pan cover the eggs with plenty of cold water.
Bring to rolling boil, boil uncovered for three minutes.
Remove from heat, cover and let stand for five minutes.
Pour off hot water and cool eggs under running cold water until cool.
Peel immediately for easy peeling.

To get the bright yellow fluffy yokes like the picture shows,

In large pan cover the eggs with plenty of cold water.
Bring to rolling boil, boil uncovered for three minutes.
Remove from heat, cover and let stand for five minutes.
Pour off hot water and cool eggs under running cold water until cool.
Peel immediately for easy peeling.
That's pretty much how I cook them and I do keep them available.

The biggest key for easy, fast peeling is to use older eggs. Not fresh. I wait about a week or two after buying them before cooking them this way. I can peel one egg into one eggshell piece. I love the challenge....'cause sometimes it takes two tries. lol

I put 18 medium eggs ( or large ) in a large dutch oven ( pan ) covered with cold water and set them on the stove burner set on high until they come to a full boil.

I then turn the burner off BUT leave the pan sitting on it for 25 minutes.

I then pour off the water in the sink and turn on cold water on the eggs ( stops them from cooking ) for ten minutes.

Then reach in pull out an egg, and start peeling. It takes me 55 minutes from start to finish the whole process and clean up. After quickly peeling and rinsing the egg, place on paper towels then transfer to 3 Pyrex bowls with lid and lined with one small paper towel, and place in the refrigerator. ( after eating one or two while warm ). lol

The perfect, fluffy, inside, smooth-on-outside hard-boiled egg. I like them anytime but especially for a late-night low-calorie snack and the tryptophan in them helps to induce sleep.

Last edited:
I prefer scrambled with cheese...

I can remember when not eating more than 2 eggs a day was a thing because of cholesterol.

I use this:

299F8DDC-DDF0-4ECD-AE3C-5048A45E1B1E.jpeg

And for poaching, this.

2E5C2AFB-0CFF-46B8-B748-2C60BC474D8C.jpeg

Sometimes l fry them, in olive oil.

I prefer scrambled with cheese...

I can remember when not eating more than 2 eggs a day was a thing because of cholesterol.
That's true. Especially for someone with any heart condition who needs to be watching their cholesterol. Better to have no more than 3 a week from what I have read. Don't know the latest on this though. You know how things change...lol. It's the yoke that contains cholesterol. Some egg lovers just eat the white of the egg.

That's true. Especially for someone with any heart condition who needs to be watching their cholesterol. Better to have no more than 3 a week from what I have read. Don't know the latest on this though. You know how things change...lol. It's the yoke that contains cholesterol. Some egg lovers just eat the white of the egg.

Hard boiled eggs lead to the best eggs:

Deviled eggs. The devil loves them because you can't stop eating them? IDK

Don't forget about boiled eggs. They are easy to prepare, are packed with health benefits and are only around 80 calories.

Thanks for starting this thread because hard boiled eggs have become an almost indispensable staple in my morning breakfast routine that consists of:
  • a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • prunes
  • a banana
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • coffee & cranberry juice

I stopped watching "the news" at breakfast and, instead, sit on the back porch and watch the birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and deer gather around the 3 bird feeders, 4 bird baths and suet block next to the patio.

Everyone I know who maintains a bird feeder and suet block for the birds complains about the squirrels who are actually clever and amusing little acrobats.

Since my squirrels have defeated all the "Squirrel proof" contraptions I could find and I can't bring myself to killing them so I've resolved to try my hand at training them with the garden hose.

The house rules are simple.
The squirrels are welcome to any bird food and water on the ground but the bird feeders and suet block are off limits.
Any squirrel on the suet block or bird feeder gets squirted with the garden hose.

So, after about a year of hard boiled eggs with my squirrel training, my squirrels may not be much better disciplined but I've certainly got the cleanest squirrels in the county.

Many thanks,

Forum List

Back