Boehner's Plan B fails

No, it was BOTH parties and BOTH parties continue to lie, distort, and play politics with our children's future. The real turning point and question is this: Do you and all of us care more about political party or demanding our politicians do what is right in order to get our nation back on track?

No, it was BOTH parties and BOTH parties continue to lie, distort, and play politics with our children's future. The real turning point and question is this: Do you and all of us care more about political party or demanding our politicians do what is right in order to get our nation back on track?

What is the right thing to do? That is the question.
There is no good choices here. No matter what path you go down it will be painful for the American people. And chances are the people will hate you for it.

Most politicians are taking the safe road and not make a choice at all. They would rather continue spending money that we don't have on domestic programs and if anything goes wrong...blame the other guy.

The pain is not unbearable yet for the public to demand change. When that happens...I'm afraid it maybe too late.

Hey newbie. You ever make 20 thousand dollars in a month? Actually, making 250k a year is slightly more than 20k a month. But you get the drift. Ever make that much money in a month?

Whether $250,000 a year is a lot of money depends on where you live. In Appalachia it's a lot of money, in Los Angeles it's barely squeaking by. If you make less than that you are living in a neighborhood marked by similar "poverty".

If you own a business and make $250,000 a year you aren't squeaking by. Likely you can't afford to own a home or even pay rent. You live on the business premises.

You never know what you are talking about, do you?

How about you. Ever make 20k in a month. The best commission month I ever had in the mortgage business, I made 9k in a month. That's a lot of money to me. Back in the bad ole Clinton years.

If I was making 20k a month, I would think I am rich. No matter where I lived. And if you can't get by on a little less income after grossing 20k a month, you don't have an income problem, you got a spending problem.

And small business owners may have a gross income of 250k a year, but their portion is more likely to be in the 40 to 60 thousand a year. Far from rich and would not be subject to an increase in taxes.

And hearing you worrying about those Calfornia liberals just getting by on 250k a year is really really strange. And down in Appalachia (where I am from btw) with 250k, you could buy a mountain and keep all your kin for a few years and still figure out how to live poor.

But if you make 250k a year, personally. then use some money to see a shrink and a financial adviser so they both can tell you that you'll be ok. Just quit spending so much.

If the GOP can't even agree among themselves to let the tax cuts expire on those making a million or more, they don't deserve a seat at the table.

even if they deserved it they can add nothing to the solutions.

that is what Boner proved yesterday

In truth, I hate to see the GOP degenerate to this. About the only thing that scares me more than the Democrates controlling the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives is the Republicans controlling them all.

IMHO we need the balance. We need give and take to stay in the middle of the road. But right now, I think we are pretty close to seeing a Democratic sweep across the board.

I'm willing to let them prove me wrong.
First answer me this....what is your definition of success when it comes to the economy and our Nation's budget?

The economy will recover to in couple years (unemployment under 6%) and deficit will shrink to under 3% of GDP (about 500 billion) becoming sustainable.

But that is relatively easy to achieve.

What do you mean sustainable? And how does raising taxes on the wealth help these goals?

By sustainable I mean that our debt to GDP ratio is shrinking. Which will happen once the deficits shrink to under 500 billion as economy recovers (and they already came down half-way there from 1.5 trillion to 1).

Rising taxes on wealthy will further speed up that trend.

In truth, I hate to see the GOP degenerate to this. About the only thing that scares me more than the Democrates controlling the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives is the Republicans controlling them all.

IMHO we need the balance. We need give and take to stay in the middle of the road. But right now, I think we are pretty close to seeing a Democratic sweep across the board.

I believe in the two party system too.

we need to SMART parties using facts to construct GOOD ideas for our future and challenging each other.

One of our partys right now is mired in false facts and HUGE paychecks.

it is commiting suicide.

it will either recover OR be replaced by another party.

It will work.

keep tuned

Our liberties and wallets are always in more danger when one party has a lock on control. The death of the GOP would be a disaster.

I thought it was bad when republicans put party before country, but the spectacle of teabaggers putting ideology before party and country is kind of horrifying. Those crazy maniacs cannot be be voted out too soon. Hope they all choke on their Christmas feasts, fucking Grinches, every one.

I believe in the two party system too.

we need to SMART parties using facts to construct GOOD ideas for our future and challenging each other.

One of our partys right now is mired in false facts and HUGE paychecks.

it is commiting suicide.

it will either recover OR be replaced by another party.

It will work.

keep tuned

Right now, I'm thinking that the two party system is not good enough. I'm thinking that if we had a roughly equal division among four or five different parties, then no one would be able to get anything through without finding at least some consensus outside their own party.

I thought it was bad when republicans put party before country, but the spectacle of teabaggers putting ideology before party and country is kind of horrifying. Those crazy maniacs cannot be be voted out too soon. Hope they all choke on their Christmas feasts, fucking Grinches, every one.

We are where we are due to rampant spending with huge levels of waste in that spending and no accountability the money spent was meeting the program goals. For me, it is the Republicans who are trying to stop us from a certain fate of national bankruptcy. You're more concerned with taking from the rich, due of some preceived wrong.

Forum List

Back