ACA: For the Win!

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Go team! .... and they say the economy isn't in recovery!

Anthem Makes $47 Billion Offer for Rival Cigna
By JEFFREY CANE and REED ABELSONJUNE 20, 2015

One of the biggest health insurers in the country, Anthem, on Saturday announced an offer to acquire a rival, Cigna, for more than $47 billion in cash and stock.

The move is the latest step toward an expected consolidation among health insurancecompanies. Last month, Humana, another competitor, was said to be exploring a sale of itself.

Driving the push to get bigger has been the Obama administration’s health care overhaul, which has bolstered revenues. Yet, at the same time, profit margins have come under pressure in the face of greater pricing transparency and less generous funding of government plans.

One of the biggest health insurers in the country, Anthem, on Saturday announced an offer to acquire a rival, Cigna, for more than $47 billion in cash and stock.

The move is the latest step toward an expected consolidation among health insurancecompanies. Last month, Humana, another competitor, was said to be exploring a sale of itself.

Driving the push to get bigger has been the Obama administration’s health care overhaul, which has bolstered revenues. Yet, at the same time, profit margins have come under pressure in the face of greater pricing transparency and less generous funding of government plans.
In what ways is the economy recovering? --- FYI --- Corporations buying other corporations is NOT a sign of economic recovery. Would you mind explaining how the economy is recovering? Also, what team are you speaking of?

Please include the following if and when you explain the areas of economic recovery:
(1) Jobs mainly consist of low wage, part-time, and temporary employment
(2) Businesses are offering less company paid benefits
(3) The continuing practice of off-shore out-sourcing jobs
(4) The continuing practice of importing labor
(5) The cost of living ( food, rent, transportation, utilizes, health care, higher education )
(6) Our dependency on cheap foreign imports
(7) Less home ownership
(8) Troubled pension funds
(9) Cities going bankrupt
(10) Our rundown infrastructure ( tax revenue )
(11) 45 million plus receiving food stamps
(12) Millions receiving some form of government assistance
(13) Half of our children living at or below the poverty line
(14) The shrinking Middle Class ( more are falling than rising )
(15) Wealth concentration at the top
(16) College grads living with parents and flipping burgers for spending money
(17) The number of workers age 50 and older unemployed or underemployed
(18) Government debt being the only catalyst keeping us afloat
(19) Major malls becoming ghost buildings
(20) Retail giants closing stores and cutting the number of employees
(21) Less spendable income in the pockets of consumers

I'm looking forward to your explanation. Thanks

In what ways is the economy recovering? --- FYI --- Corporations buying other corporations is NOT a sign of economic recovery. Would you mind explaining how the economy is recovering? Also, what team are you speaking of?

Please include the following if and when you explain the areas of economic recovery:
(5) The cost of living ( food, rent, transportation, utilizes, health care, higher education )
(7) Less home ownership

Come on, don't be a spoiled sport. The insurance companies are making a bundle. Can't you just be happy for them? It's never good enough for you, is it?

(7) Less home ownership

Come on, don't be a spoiled sport. The insurance companies are making a bundle. Can't you just be happy for them? It's never good enough for you, is it?
FYI - The insurance companies have always made a "bundle", and chances are they'll continue to make a "bundle" for the foreseeable future. Insurance is a scam, a con, and protected, aided, and abetted by the government. No, I can NOT be happy for them, and won't ever be happy for them. Oh, yes, things are very good for me. I'm very blessed and very fortunate. A spoiled sport? Please explain. I'm in no way spoiled, but I am a good sport.

ACA is good for America.
How? Please explain. Thanks

Please consider these items when giving your explanation:
(1) Higher premiums
(2) Higher deductibles ( $6,000 in some cases )
(3) Reduced amount covered by insurance ( Cigna - down from 90% to 85% )
(4) Doctors leaving this country and going overseas to practice ( Australia has become popular )
(5) A lower percentage paid by employers ( burden on employees )
(6) Lower quality of care
(7) Fewer doctor groups participating in the ACA ( in some areas, it's harder to find a doctor accepting ACA patients )
(8) More unnecessary tests requested by doctors ( especially for seniors )

I'm looking forward to your explanation. Thanks.

It's a step in the right direction. A foot in the door. With ACA no one can be denied health care!

It's a step in the right direction. A foot in the door. With ACA no one can be denied health care!
Right direction? How? Please explain? So, why do so many want it repealed? Higher cost is moving in the right direction? Doctors leaving this country is moving in the right direction? More cost burden placed on employees is moving in the right direction? .... Geez ... who would've thunk that ... just imagine ........... pleeeeeeeeasee...

Right direction? How? Please explain? So, why do so many want it repealed? Higher cost is moving in the right direction? Doctors leaving this country is moving in the right direction? More cost burden placed on employees is moving in the right direction? .... Geez ... who would've thunk that ... just imagine ........... pleeeeeeeeasee...

We had to do something.

We had to do something.
Yes, we did, I agree. But, did we have to make matters worse? Personally, I don't think so.

We made it good for insurance companies, pharmaceuticals, labs, clinics, and hospitals. All at the expense of John Q. Public.

We had to do something.
Yes, we did, I agree. But, did we have to make matters worse? Personally, I don't think so.

We made it good for insurance companies, pharmaceuticals, labs, clinics, and hospitals. All at the expense of John Q. Public.
Single payer!

We had to do something.

Single payer!
Single payer what?

Walmart care is what all of those who can no longer afford the astronomical ins. premiums are looking at. And Obama is stealing from every fund in Washington including the education fund to try to keep this burden afloat. There is nothing good about this mess.

We had to do something.
Why, there was nothing wrong with it as it was.
My insurance was good and affordable.
my family was well covered.

We had to do something.

Before ACA, the insurance companies ran the show. Now, government has reigned them in.

We had to do something.

Before ACA, the insurance companies ran the show. Now, government has reigned them in.
Yet.....they haven't.

We had to do something.

Yet.....they haven't.

Single Payer!!

We had to do something.

Yet.....they haven't.

Single Payer!!
I agree with single payer, just like my car payments were, I was the single payer for what I bought, like my house, I was the single payer, like when I go to buy food, Im the single payer.
Insurance should be the same. You want it? you buy it and for your policy you should be the single payer.
you want to make it affordable? the high cost is not from those that purchase their insurance, the high cost is because of those who don't, so fine those that don't buy their own policies without the money from others.
I agree totally with single payer. its not the responsibility of others to purchase something for you.

Forum List

Back