ACA: For the Win!

How many of you would be willing to pay <$500 a year to ditch all the insurance companies? No premiums, no deductibles, complete coverage for all essential services and treatments, and a manageable co-pay for nonessentials. Anyone?

I don't have a problem with insurance companies per se. I just think we have horribly screwed up system in terms of how insurance is handled with health care. I've said before it should be treated more like auto insurance. With Health insurance the people who have insurance use it for pretty much every health service they use. If we went to a pay for service model where services were affordable enough that insurance only needed to be used for catastrophic issues, you would see the cost of services go down. Then people could choose what exactly they want their insurance to cover. Instead Obamacare makes insurance companies cover everything under the sun. I guess the dems somehow thought when you add value to a product the cost of it stays the same or goes down.
Isn't that what the high deductibles do?

It makes insurance more of a catastrophic policy, because we have to pay for the every day medical care stuff with these higher deductible amounts before the insurance companies begin paying?

That's what they're supposed to do. But the idea also includes such policies costing much less. Since these policies cost the insurance companies far less in terms of claims they traditionally charged much less for them. Before ACA you could get a $5000 deductible policy for less than $100/mo - I know, I had one. But now, with guaranteed issue, insurance companies are using that savings to pay for the previously uninsurable.

That's what people are complaining about. It's not that catastrophic plans are bad - I think they're the only sane way to use insurance - but they now cost as much as the low deductible plans did before ACA. From the consumer's point of view, they're simply paying more for less.

Yep.

I had one for one of my daughters too.

But it was a "junk plan". Of course, it only became a "junk plan" when they had to respond to the fact that they were taking them away. There was never any discussion prior. The lying bastards.

Now, they are more expensive, unless you can qualify for "subsidies" which means you toss your dignity aside and crawl to the government asking for help where you didn't need it before.

Unbelievable.

The following came from a blog post that I thought was funny (but sad too).

The blog title was: The ACA can suck it

The post said:

That is all.

Well, no, not really.

I just got a denial letter in the mail today from a "real" private insurance plan due to preexisting conditions.

So I went to the pcip site to try to enroll in the new pre-existing conditions plans, only to discover that I can't.

Why not, you ask? Because, in an attempt to be responsible, I've spent the last 9 months on a short term (month to month) catastrophic plan. And in order to be eligible for the new pre-existing conditions plans created under the ACA, you have to be COMPLETELY without insurance for the last six months.

So apparently the gov'ts great plan to fix the health care crisis was to make people go six months with absolutely no health insurance coverage before offering them coverage.

Genius.

#fucktheACA

Read more: The ACA can suck it. | GBCN

The following came from a blog post that I thought was funny (but sad too).

The blog title was: The ACA can suck it

The post said:

That is all.

Well, no, not really.

I just got a denial letter in the mail today from a "real" private insurance plan due to preexisting conditions.

So I went to the pcip site to try to enroll in the new pre-existing conditions plans, only to discover that I can't.

Why not, you ask? Because, in an attempt to be responsible, I've spent the last 9 months on a short term (month to month) catastrophic plan. And in order to be eligible for the new pre-existing conditions plans created under the ACA, you have to be COMPLETELY without insurance for the last six months.

So apparently the gov'ts great plan to fix the health care crisis was to make people go six months with absolutely no health insurance coverage before offering them coverage.

Genius.

#fucktheACA

Read more: The ACA can suck it. | GBCN

Your blog post is dated October 10, 2012.

The PPACA went into full effect on January 1, 2014.

so much BS propaganda it's sad. anyway the majority of the people knows its a failure. that's why they took away control of the congress from the Democrats RIGHT after they passed this off on our backs

so much BS propaganda it's sad. anyway the majority of the people knows its a failure. that's why they took away control of the congress from the Democrats RIGHT after they passed this off on our backs

No real definition of the issue is the way I see it.

The ignorance of those claiming insurance is now "more affordable" is depressing.

It is now more affordable for some and just as unaffordable for others (for whom it might have been affordable before).

Nobody can really define what we set out to accomplish with this mess.

What is failure to you. Something measurable.

I ask everyone else and I get all kinds of crazy answers.

Go team! .... and they say the economy isn't in recovery!

Anthem Makes $47 Billion Offer for Rival Cigna
By JEFFREY CANE and REED ABELSONJUNE 20, 2015

One of the biggest health insurers in the country, Anthem, on Saturday announced an offer to acquire a rival, Cigna, for more than $47 billion in cash and stock.

The move is the latest step toward an expected consolidation among health insurancecompanies. Last month, Humana, another competitor, was said to be exploring a sale of itself.

Driving the push to get bigger has been the Obama administration’s health care overhaul, which has bolstered revenues. Yet, at the same time, profit margins have come under pressure in the face of greater pricing transparency and less generous funding of government plans.

A bump for the information that tells us that our pols are to stupid to know better or have integrity that must be measured in angstroms.

For Jake and other morons: Ångström - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ACA is good for America.

In what way? If you truly cared for those that didn't have coverage as much as you say, what you believe needed to be done could have been done without the government playing any role.

It's a step in the right direction. A foot in the door. With ACA no one can be denied health care!
Right direction? How? Please explain? So, why do so many want it repealed? Higher cost is moving in the right direction? Doctors leaving this country is moving in the right direction? More cost burden placed on employees is moving in the right direction? .... Geez ... who would've thunk that ... just imagine ........... pleeeeeeeeasee...

We had to do something.

We did? No, those of you that believed someone without coverage could have done something and the government need not be involved. All it took is for those like you find someone that couldn't provide coverage and pay their premiums entirely from your own pockets.

It's a step in the right direction. A foot in the door. With ACA no one can be denied health care!
Right direction? How? Please explain? So, why do so many want it repealed? Higher cost is moving in the right direction? Doctors leaving this country is moving in the right direction? More cost burden placed on employees is moving in the right direction? .... Geez ... who would've thunk that ... just imagine ........... pleeeeeeeeasee...

We had to do something.

We did? No, those of you that believed someone without coverage could have done something and the government need not be involved. All it took is for those like you find someone that couldn't provide coverage and pay their premiums entirely from your own pockets.

This is an object lesson in why it's smart to read the entire thread before you jump in at the end. Had you done so, you'd realize dblack was being sarcastic (though the overuse of exclamation points might have been a hint).

We had to do something.

This is an object lesson in why it's smart to read the entire thread before you jump in at the end. Had you done so, you'd realize dblack was being sarcastic (though the overuse of exclamation points might have been a hint).

Here's a lesson. The post to which I responded didn't have any "!". If you were smart you would have seen that by having read through the entire thread.

We had to do something.

Here's a lesson. The post to which I responded didn't have any "!". If you were smart you would have seen that by having read through the entire thread.

So you did realize dblack was being sarcastic, and that you were disagreeing with someone who agrees with you?

Okay.

One of the biggest health insurers in the country, Anthem, on Saturday announced an offer to acquire a rival, Cigna, for more than $47 billion in cash and stock.

The move is the latest step toward an expected consolidation among health insurancecompanies. Last month, Humana, another competitor, was said to be exploring a sale of itself.

Driving the push to get bigger has been the Obama administration’s health care overhaul, which has bolstered revenues. Yet, at the same time, profit margins have come under pressure in the face of greater pricing transparency and less generous funding of government plans.

Thought we could pull this one back up......

It's happening.

Thought we could pull this one back up......

It's happening.

Wow, a corporate buy-out! Like that's never happened before.

Over 90% of Americans have health insurance despite all the off-camera maneuvering.

Is Trump still touting single-payer? None of his acolytes seem to know. :dunno:

ACA is good for America.

In what way? If you truly cared for those that didn't have coverage as much as you say, what you believe needed to be done could have been done without the government playing any role.

Just so you know...this a was a punk job.

He no more believes that than anyone believes Hillary is interested in you as an individual.

Or Trump.....

Just wanting to keep this one rolling.

They make money....end of discussion.

Forum List

Back