Boehner walks away from debt talks

Why should democrats even have a say in this? They have not put anything on paper regarding a budget in over 800 days......

The senate and the president will have a say in this. The House will do what the teaparty wants them to do and America will object and say so at the voting booth.

What name comes to mind when the stock market crash in 1929 and the great depression in the 30's is mentioned? The Speaker of the House, the Senate Majority leader or President Herbert Hoover?

Compromise is not in the vocabulary of the Tea Party. The country is being run b a man that holds no office. Grover Norquist is probably telling Boehner what his next move is right now. Enjoy the view of being a 3rd world country.

What are you talking about? Republicans are the ones offering the Compromise. The Democrats want to raise the debt ceiling. We will do that if you do immediate spending cuts and put a balance budget amendment up for a vote.

You are just upset that Republicans are actually trying to get something out of this deal. How dare they make the President compromise for something he wants.
Unfortunately, the Senate Democrats don't have to do anything. This is a House Republican initiative to reduce spending by threatening the nation with default. If it blows up in their face, it is they who will face the consequences at the polls. However all Americans will face the consequences long before the next election.

I see; so whats up with obama willing to blow it all up over 400 billion?

well the gauntlet has been thrown, boehner said they had a deal at 800 Billion in increased revenues that he boehner agreed to along with cuts, then Obama at the last minute changed his mind and stepped away asking for more money ( 400 billion more)....*shrugs*

obama said earlier that he would provide notes to the meeting, cannot wait, someone is fibbing...

so to be clear it appears, that is appears that Obama wants 1.2 trillion of new revenue...?what was the deal on cuts, exactly? we'll have to wait and see.

$1.2 trillion in new revenue with a $14 trillion debt. Wasn't Obama's earlier plan $3 trillion in cuts and $1 trillion in new revenue?

can I see the plan please?

Did he not make that offer? Do you think the republicans made CCB thinking it would pass? Do you think it would be the same CCB if they held the majorities and the white house?

Why should democrats even have a say in this? They have not put anything on paper regarding a budget in over 800 days......

The senate and the president will have a say in this. The House will do what the teaparty wants them to do and America will object and say so at the voting booth.

I see , so that election is cool, but the one we just had 8 months ago means what exactly?

That's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh??

handjob.gif

$1.2 trillion in new revenue with a $14 trillion debt. Wasn't Obama's earlier plan $3 trillion in cuts and $1 trillion in new revenue?

Did he not make that offer? Do you think the republicans made CCB thinking it would pass? Do you think it would be the same CCB if they held the majorities and the white house?

no, don't try that......:eusa_hand:

if you don't have that can you please provide me the passed democratic budget for 2011?

What name comes to mind when the stock market crash in 1929 and the great depression in the 30's is mentioned? The Speaker of the House, the Senate Majority leader or President Herbert Hoover?

The Republican Herbert Hoover.

Same economy policies back then as well.

President Obama says House Speaker John Boehner "walked away" from debt talks over "an extraordinarily fair" deal.

No details yet. Get ready for double digit interest rates. It should make Bachmann happy!

There is no doubt that the Republican leadership hopes to create a crisis for political purposes. Boehner and Cantor and the rest can point fingers at the Democrats and Obama but only the most partisan will be convinced.

I suspect there is a good deal of voter regret across America tonight and that regret will turn to anger if the limit is not raised and the even a modicum of the worst happens. First Cantor and then Boehner - the supposed Speaker of the House - simply walk away. How long would you keep your job if you did the same?

President Obama says House Speaker John Boehner "walked away" from debt talks over "an extraordinarily fair" deal.

No details yet. Get ready for double digit interest rates. It should make Bachmann happy!

There is no doubt that the Republican leadership hopes to create a crisis for political purposes. Boehner and Cantor and the rest can point fingers at the Democrats and Obama but only the most partisan will be convinced.

I suspect there is a good deal of voter regret across America tonight and that regret will turn to anger if the limit is not raised and the even a modicum of the worst happens. First Cantor and then Boehner - the supposed Speaker of the House - simply walk away. How long would you keep your job if you did the same?

:tinfoil:repeat after me;....Baaaa baaaa

What are you talking about? Republicans are the ones offering the Compromise. The Democrats want to raise the debt ceiling. We will do that if you do immediate spending cuts and put a balance budget amendment up for a vote.

You are just upset that Republicans are actually trying to get something out of this deal. How dare they make the President compromise for something he wants.
Unfortunately, the Senate Democrats don't have to do anything. This is a House Republican initiative to reduce spending by threatening the nation with default. If it blows up in their face, it is they who will face the consequences at the polls. However all Americans will face the consequences long before the next election.

I see; so whats up with obama willing to blow it all up over 400 billion?

He offered $3.7 trillion in spending cuts, Boenher agreed to that. Then boenher wanted to add stuff about the individual mandate. Republicans want to protect the "job creators" by keeping them from paying the same tax rate they paid when they created 22 million jobs.

Something he wants? You mean the privilege of being granted statutory authority to cut the checks backing up the financial obligations to which Congress has already committed the United States?

He already has that.

He just can't spend more then what we have.

So sad, too bad.

Instead of eliminating all the billions of dollars of waste in government first, Obama still wants to raise taxes instead

no, don't try that......:eusa_hand:

if you don't have that can you please provide me the passed democratic budget for 2011?

The Republican Herbert Hoover.

Same economy policies back then as well.

I wasn't aware that Boehner wanted to increase Fed gov't taxation and spending by 50% over four years and raise tariffs on almost every import.

Or could it be you are full of it?

Instead of eliminating all the billions of dollars of waste in government first, Obama still wants to raise taxes instead

SO he wasn't going to give spending cuts, even though Boenher just said they had agreed on spending cuts? So you know more then Boenher?

Something he wants? You mean the privilege of being granted statutory authority to cut the checks backing up the financial obligations to which Congress has already committed the United States?

He already has that.

He just can't spend more then what we have.

So sad, too bad.

No, he doesn't have that. Hence the current problem. Follow the news much?

Forum List

Back