Boehner walks away from debt talks

It's hard for me to believe that you would walk away from the negotiations at this point in time. Is it really that fucking difficult to sit down and work it out? If you don't like the idea being brought to the table by the other guy then fight against it. Don't just walk away from the negotiations entirely. That's about as childish as it gets.

Obama tried to pull one over Boehner and move the goal posts. Boehner being wise got up and walked out for a reason. Obama wanted 400billion more in extra taxes. This is what happens when you have a person with no executive experience in dealing with budgets and fiscal reform as your president.

No, that's not how negotiations work. You don't just walk out, especially when there's no time left and the stakes are so high.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFIfmhCzSw&ob=av2n]‪Chris Isaak - Somebody's Cryin' (Live)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

These guys are playing you all for suckers. Just sayin'. They have a deal, they just don't want y'all to know it.

Obama needs to play the tough guy for his base.

The GOP need to look like their playing hard ball for theirs.

And both sides baaaaaa along like the good little sheep they are.

Don't any of you ever get tired of being treated like idiots by the 'grown ups' in DC? Seriously?

"Let me just say that the White House moved the goalpost," Boehner said. "There was an agreement, some additional revenues, until yesterday when the president demanded $400 billion more which was going to be nothing more than a tax increase on the job creators."

If all Obama wanted were cuts, then what did Boehner and the Republicans agree to?

you like sallow seem to suffer from memory issues, show me the plans please , OR just say no we have no plans. thank you.

we'll get to the rest after you answer the question- you opened the door on this, finish it ....

"Let me just say that the White House moved the goalpost," Boehner said. "There was an agreement, some additional revenues, until yesterday when the president demanded $400 billion more which was going to be nothing more than a tax increase on the job creators."

If all Obama wanted were cuts, then what did Boehner and the Republicans agree to?

you like sallow seem to suffer from memory issues, show me the plans please , OR just say no we have no plans. thank you.

we'll get to the rest after you answer the question- you opened the door on this, finish it ....

Good. No point trying to deal with a maniac. And Obama is a maniac, make no mistake. He is no Bill Clinton. He truly believes the GOP are the spawn of the devil and he cannot compromise with them.

No, The Dums own this situation. The GOP has passed 2 bills to fix things and made many suggestions. The Democratic response is "Dead on arrival." The House has done its job. The president and the senate have failed at theirs.
As Banquo said, Let it come down.

The GOP has presented 4 plans beginning with Paul Ryan's and have been kicked in the teeth. The Dems don't even have the balls to come back with a plan of their own, much less their own budget. How can two parties negotiate with only one, presenting a written plan, huh??? "Just say NO" ain't cuttin` it!!

Why were the GOP plans never submitted when they controlled government from 2000-2006?

Didn't the right run on cutting Medicare and SS from 1994 on?

Obama was in the middle of negotiating a plan and Boehner decided to call off the negotiations. That's what fucking happened.

Maybe because Obama's idea of "negotiation" is "my way or the highway." And Boehner took the second choice.

I don't care what went on, nor do I know and neither do you. The bottom line is that they were supposed to be working out a deal and one side said "we're done." If you walk out of negotiations this late in the game it's a PR nightmare. He's just put his party in a position where they will be blamed for anything that goes wrong from now on.

Only by the Democrats. But it wouldn't matter. If Boehner did anything other than bow to the great Obama he would be blamed.
Blame is not the issue here. The issue is coming to an agreement on the budget. The GOP has produced nymerous plans and proposals. The Democrats haven't produced anything except hot air and wasted time.

Good. No point trying to deal with a maniac. And Obama is a maniac, make no mistake. He is no Bill Clinton. He truly believes the GOP are the spawn of the devil and he cannot compromise with them.

No, The Dums own this situation. The GOP has passed 2 bills to fix things and made many suggestions. The Democratic response is "Dead on arrival." The House has done its job. The president and the senate have failed at theirs.

The GOP has presented 4 plans beginning with Paul Ryan's and have been kicked in the teeth. The Dems don't even have the balls to come back with a plan of their own, much less their own budget. How can two parties negotiate with only one, presenting a written plan, huh??? "Just say NO" ain't cuttin` it!!

Why were the GOP plans never submitted when they controlled government from 2000-2006?

The GOP had a budget for every one of those years. The Dums OTOH haven't produced one in 2 years.

These guys are playing you all for suckers. Just sayin'. They have a deal, they just don't want y'all to know it.

Obama needs to play the tough guy for his base.

The GOP need to look like their playing hard ball for theirs.

And both sides baaaaaa along like the good little sheep they are.

Don't any of you ever get tired of being treated like idiots by the 'grown ups' in DC? Seriously?

:eusa_think:uhhmmmmm no, next question? :popcorn:

oh and I surfaced that thought last week, *shrugs*.."the play is the thing"...;)

So republican leaders agreed to a phantom deal? And they are the best conservatives have?

Compromise is not in the vocabulary of the Tea Party. The country is being run b a man that holds no office. Grover Norquist is probably telling Boehner what his next move is right now. Enjoy the view of being a 3rd world country.

What are you talking about? Republicans are the ones offering the Compromise. The Democrats want to raise the debt ceiling. We will do that if you do immediate spending cuts and put a balance budget amendment up for a vote.

You are just upset that Republicans are actually trying to get something out of this deal.
'Cause The DICK; Armey PROMISED you, right??

dick_armey_libertysummit-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

The GOP had a budget for every one of those years. The Dums OTOH haven't produced one in 2 years.

How many medicare or SS cuts were in the GOP budgets of 2000-2006? Where was the cut, cap and balance budget amendment?

we are speaking of and to budgets.....the deficit hello?

and since you brought healthcare too, heres another "plan" he owes, not submitted or seen by anyone either;

06/14/11 03:08 PM ET

The top Republicans on the House and Senate budget committees demanded Tuesday that President Obama submit a proposal to shore up Medicare, which they say is required by law.

"Given the severity of this problem and your legal obligations, the nation needs leadership on this issue," says the letter from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). "Therefore, we reasonably expect your administration to submit a detailed legislative proposal to Congress addressing the Medicare funding warning as required by law."

The lawmakers point to a provision in the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act that directs the administration to address the program's solvency when the Medicare Trustees trigger a funding warning, which they did last month for the sixth year in a row. Under the law, the administration has 15 days after submitting the president's budget to Congress to propose solutions to Medicare's fiscal imbalance.

Top Budget Republicans demand presidential action on Medicare - The Hill's Healthwatch

its been due since March...hello

Only by the Democrats. But it wouldn't matter. If Boehner did anything other than bow to the great Obama he would be blamed.
Blame is not the issue here. The issue is coming to an agreement on the budget. The GOP has produced nymerous plans and proposals. The Democrats haven't produced anything except hot air and wasted time.

And the GOP wasted their time coming up with a plan that would NEVER pass through the senate. It was quite clear from the beginning that it would need to be something bi-partisan and the GOP said no to it and refused to negotiate with Obama. That's how I see it and that's how the majority of the people see it. Obama didn't produce a plan because he wanted to negotiate a bi-partisan plan.

Paul Ryan's plan was a huge loser with the American people. They were very close to throwing tomatoes at the man everytime he tried to sell it. Almost to the level of the attempt to privatize social security back in the Bush term.

If they didn't have a plan, what was Boehner objecting to? Your post is very petty.

can I see the plan please?

Did he not make that offer? Do you think the republicans made CCB thinking it would pass? Do you think it would be the same CCB if they held the majorities and the white house?

no, don't try that......:eusa_hand:

if you don't have that can you please provide me the passed democratic budget for 2011?

Did he not make that offer? Do you think the republicans made CCB thinking it would pass? Do you think it would be the same CCB if they held the majorities and the white house?

no, don't try that......:eusa_hand:

if you don't have that can you please provide me the passed democratic budget for 2011?

Instead of eliminating all the billions of dollars of waste in government first, Obama still wants to raise taxes instead

SO he wasn't going to give spending cuts, even though Boenher just said they had agreed on spending cuts? So you know more then Boenher?

no but I'll take the word of man who has passed 2 bills out of his house on to the senate.

Obama has done ZIP.

cbo director elmendorf- " we don't analyze speeches"....

and obama says hes been left at the altar? :lol:

still waiting for those plans btw....

So republican leaders agreed to a phantom deal? And they are the best conservatives have?

answer the question oldsalt...the plans please.

we are speaking of and to budgets.....the deficit hello?

and since you brought healthcare too, heres another "plan" he owes, not submitted or seen by anyone either;

06/14/11 03:08 PM ET

The top Republicans on the House and Senate budget committees demanded Tuesday that President Obama submit a proposal to shore up Medicare, which they say is required by law.

"Given the severity of this problem and your legal obligations, the nation needs leadership on this issue," says the letter from Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). "Therefore, we reasonably expect your administration to submit a detailed legislative proposal to Congress addressing the Medicare funding warning as required by law."

The lawmakers point to a provision in the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act that directs the administration to address the program's solvency when the Medicare Trustees trigger a funding warning, which they did last month for the sixth year in a row. Under the law, the administration has 15 days after submitting the president's budget to Congress to propose solutions to Medicare's fiscal imbalance.

Top Budget Republicans demand presidential action on Medicare - The Hill's Healthwatch

its been due since March...hello

Wasn't Medicare Part D also in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003? How was Medicare Part D funded in the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003?

Let's just cut to the chase shall we?

Who is the President of the United States?

Last time I checked, it was the inexperienced Jr. Senator from Illinois, Barack H. Obama. He gets the credit for killing Osama Bin Laden, and the blame for his failures. It's a tough job, but he campaigned hard to get it.

If the debt ceiling is not raised, he's the one who will be blamed. Nobody remembers who came in second in the Kentucky Derby, or which team lost the Super Bowl....

Obama needs to step up and make a deal - or he will go down as the most incompetent, feckless President in history.

New Topics

Forum List

Back