boehner reveals his complete ignorance on the topic of climate change

Sounds like he is quite accurate to me. The idea that we breath out pollution is ridiculous.

The earth was created in a way where our waste ends up nurturing other parts of life. We breath in oxygen, which is converted to CO2. A natural gas. CO2 is then absorbed by plants which convert it back to oxygen.

It's called the circle of life.

However, we are suddenly supposed to believe that we are exhaling a poison. That by breathing we are polluting the environment. This based on questionable studies that just conveniently are recommending certain political policies that failed to garner any support before the politicians funded said studies.

It's a scam. CO2 isn't a polutant. We aren't destroying the earth by living. If you continue to advocate such ridiculous policies, it will lead to only one logical conclusion: People must be exterminated.

This is hardly a new progressive policy, but it's a very dangerous one. But it's the only logical conclusion for the premise that we pollute by breathing.

I can't support it. I can't accept this bullcrap premise, when there is plenty of evidence contrary.

When the "climate change" people figure out what tempature the world is supposed to be, they can start talking to me seriously about their theories. But they very fact that they don't know suggests it's total bunk.

There are a few hole in your theory. No one is saying that CO2 is a poison (well except people who are lying or don't know any better) No extermination of people is necessary.

First of all Plants only absorb CO2 during the process of photosysnthesis (daylight hours only). That CO2 that is building up in the atmoshere is not part of the normal CO2 cycle you described, but comes from the buring of fossel fuels that has trapped the CO2 underground from millions of years ago. I don't beleive it is the sole cause of the warming, but it's not helping.

Too much CO2 will kill you.

Not entirely correct, artificial light CAN elicit photosynthesis. So it COULD occur at night.

There is more real, hard scientific evidence that Atlantis was a real place on Earth and that the Moon may be a hollow, artificial satellite than there is for the proposition that increases in the de minimis trace element CO2 causes any noticeable change in Earth's climate.

Last edited:
Mainstream science is in agreement that global warming is happening and that man made emissions are a large contribution to it. This is a fact and not disputable, especially by politicians or people on this board.

Whether CO2 is a pollutant or not should NOT distract us from preventing companies from polluting the environment with mercury and other known pollutants. (CO2 is the least of our worries when it comes to what power plants pump into the air and leak into the water)

Mainstream science is in agreement that global warming is happening and that man made emissions are a large contribution to it. This is a fact and not disputable, especially by politicians or people on this board.

Whether CO2 is a pollutant or not should NOT distract us from preventing companies from polluting the environment with mercury and other known pollutants. (CO2 is the least of our worries when it comes to what power plants pump into the air and leak into the water)

And I know of NO ONE who advocates the wholesale dumping of poisons into the environment, claiming that they don't hurt anything.

Sounds like he is quite accurate to me. The idea that we breath out pollution is ridiculous.

The earth was created in a way where our waste ends up nurturing other parts of life. We breath in oxygen, which is converted to CO2. A natural gas. CO2 is then absorbed by plants which convert it back to oxygen.

However, we are suddenly supposed to believe that we are exhaling a poison. That by breathing we are polluting the environment. This based on questionable studies that just conveniently are recommending certain political policies that failed to garner any support before the politicians funded said studies.

It's a scam. CO2 isn't a polutant. We aren't destroying the earth by living. If you continue to advocate such ridiculous policies, it will lead to only one logical conclusion: People must be exterminated.

This is hardly a new progressive policy, but it's a very dangerous one. But it's the only logical conclusion for the premise that we pollute by breathing.

I can't support it. I can't accept this bullcrap premise, when there is plenty of evidence contrary.

When the "climate change" people figure out what tempature the world is supposed to be, they can start talking to me seriously about their theories. But they very fact that they don't know suggests it's total bunk.

There are a few hole in your theory. No one is saying that CO2 is a poison (well except people who are lying or don't know any better) No extermination of people is necessary.

First of all Plants only absorb CO2 during the process of photosysnthesis (daylight hours only). That CO2 that is building up in the atmoshere is not part of the normal CO2 cycle you described, but comes from the buring of fossel fuels that has trapped the CO2 underground from millions of years ago. I don't beleive it is the sole cause of the warming, but it's not helping.

Not entirely correct, artificial light CAN elicit photosynthesis. So it COULD occur at night.

Yes you are correct. But for the most part the natural cycle of the sun regulate the CO2 cycle. In fact during the growing season CO2 concentration fall because the plants absorb carbon in their leaves. Then when the leaves drop and decay in the winter months the CO2 is released back into the atmosphere.

Personally I think deforestaion has had a more telling effect on climate than emmisions. Man-made structures also hold heat and release it just like the greenhouse-gas effect. More importantly I don't think we are going to be able to stop if, even if we tried. A wormer will be something future generations will have to adapt to.

First of all Plants only absorb CO2 during the process of photosysnthesis (daylight hours only). The CO2 that is building up in the atmoshere is not part of the normal CO2 cycle you described, but comes from the buring of fossel fuels that has trapped the CO2 underground from millions of years ago. I don't beleive it is the sole cause of the warming, but it's not helping.

I thought the EPA said it?

First of all Plants only absorb CO2 during the process of photosysnthesis (daylight hours only). The CO2 that is building up in the atmoshere is not part of the normal CO2 cycle you described, but comes from the buring of fossel fuels that has trapped the CO2 underground from millions of years ago. I don't beleive it is the sole cause of the warming, but it's not helping.

I thought the EPA said it?

I guess you must read Pajama-media type articles. Here is what the EPA finding on the matter states:

Today the Administrator is proposing to find that greenhouse gases in the atmosphere threaten the public health and welfare of current and future generations. The Administrator is also proposing to find that greenhouse gas emissions from new motor vehicles and new motor vehicle engines are contributing to the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

we also all exhale h2o, but not all of us are so frigging retarded to be in danger of drowning in a 2 inch deep puddle.

not all, but a lot, judging from this thread.

gulp gulp.

Last edited:
And as Soggy pointed out the backers of global warming are not scientist themselves... So good job with that attack.

Global warming is imminent, someday we might start feeling the effects!

South Park said it best...

Guy #1 "We don't know what causes rich successful men to go out and have sex with attractive woman...

Guy #2 "It could be global warming!"

Guy #3 " Or global cooling..."

What a shit thread...

what does any of this have to do with boehners lack of scientific knowledge?

That 20 years ago liberals ran off "global cooling is going to kill us all!"

Then, 10 years ago it turned into "Global warming is going to kill us all!"

In the next few years it will be "Global stagnation is going to kill us all!"

The point of the joke was that this year it's colder... GLOABAL COOLING!!!

This year is warmer... GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

You know that most the record tempatures recorded in the US were 15-90 years out right?

So Boehner isn't a Global Warming Cultist... good for him. We'll leave the voodoo for you guys.

Have fun with it!!!!!

he couldn't be an informed global warming person either way since he has 0 knowledge on the subject

What you need to know is this:

1. The globe has cooled by about a degree over the last 8000 to date.
2. The globe has warmed by about 0.7 degrees across the last 2000 years.
3. Of that .7 degrees, about .4 happened before the year 1000 and about .3 has happened since.
4. The current warming period which followed the Little Ice Age started before the Industrial Revolution and therefore before the increased emissions of GHG's by the evil industrialists.
5. Glaciers have receeded in the recent past due to warming to levels that they were at 5000 years ago. What may we gleen from this?

Before pronouncing one cause to be the one and only cause, it seems wise to take into account the myriad factors that have impact on climate and then see if there might be something we should do.

Imagining a cause is key and betting all the chips on it is ill advised.

BTW... Obammy the Salami hasn't a scientific background either, nor does the Grand Poobah of Global Warming Hysteria, Al Gore.

But they trust scientists.

The GOP doesn't.

Many believe Obama is the Anti Christ.

The majority believe the Grand Canyon was carved out by "Noah's Flood". I suspect you are one of those believers.

It was carved out by the Colorado river you asshat.

And as Soggy pointed out the backers of global warming are not scientist themselves... So good job with that attack.

Global warming is imminent, someday we might start feeling the effects!

South Park said it best...

Guy #1 "We don't know what causes rich successful men to go out and have sex with attractive woman...

Guy #2 "It could be global warming!"

Guy #3 " Or global cooling..."

What a shit thread...

What an idiot you are. Every single scientific society in the world states that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. As does every single National Academy of Science, and also every major University.Scientific Consensus on Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

Scientific Consensus on Global Warming
In the past few years, scientific societies and scientists have released statements and studies showing the growing consensus on climate change science. A common objection to taking action to reduce our heat-trapping emissions has been uncertainty within the scientific community on whether or not global warming is happening and whether it is caused by humans. However, there is now an overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming is indeed happening and humans are contributing to it. Below are links to documents and statements attesting to this consensus.

Forum List

Back