Boehner: President Obama Should Lead, Not Cast Blame

It's this Congress on a whole. So much posturing and bloviating. They are the least productive in US history and rightfully so. Why is it surprising that when we need them most to act swiftly and decisively, they go missing? This is par for the course with this group of career politicians. I don't see anything meaningful happening today other than another watered down, meaningless extension of an extension of an extension. I would really prefer we not go over the cliff, but If we do, maybe that's not the worst thing in the world. Hopefully it jump starts meaningful change. It's just unfortunate that such change has to come like this.

Boehner can talk about who should lead and Obama can talk about who hasn't shown up, but from my perspective, that's all moot and academic. That is fantasy. The reality is that because these 2 are unable to put their differences aside, I will have to tighten by belt and sacrifice. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise, but nonetheless, a blessing that will be someone else's curse.

We have always fought over budget priorities, and putting differences aside has always happened in the give-and-take of the budget process.

Harry Reid has intentionally destroyed the budget process because he refuses to negotiate with the people's elected House of Representatives.

The result? End on end crisis management, by design.

Worst Ever leadership.

Exactly right! The House has passed a budget every year, the Senate hasn't passed a budget in three years. That is as basic as it gets.

He did get reelected and he still can't lead. Anything else?

Like I said.....over half of the nation believe he is leading. I guess it's that 47% Romulus said he didn't care about........plus a few.

You folks should do some serious soul searching. You've just about become obsolete.

Let "us" worry about it.

LOL.....It's obvious you aren't worried about it. Keep up the good work. Your asses are history as long as you embrace Grover Norquist and the bible thumping right wing T party.

Like I said.....over half of the nation believe he is leading. I guess it's that 47% Romulus said he didn't care about........plus a few.

You folks should do some serious soul searching. You've just about become obsolete.

Let "us" worry about it.

LOL.....It's obvious you aren't worried about it. Keep up the good work. Your asses are history as long as you embrace Grover Norquist and the bible thumping right wing T party.

Suuuuuuuuuuure I am. My posts surely indicate that I am worried 2 and 4 years in advance of the next elections. Keep telling yourself that. Lots can and will happen.

The road to success for Obama runs through the House. We see how that's working out for him. Now go ahead and tell me how you know for a fact that the House will be taken over in 2014. Do you do palm readings?

Last edited:

Let "us" worry about it.

whatever you so called REFORMED Republican..worry about your new party and how they came close to losing with Obama..but you people think nothing of that which cracks me the hell up

It's this Congress on a whole. So much posturing and bloviating. They are the least productive in US history and rightfully so. Why is it surprising that when we need them most to act swiftly and decisively, they go missing? This is par for the course with this group of career politicians. I don't see anything meaningful happening today other than another watered down, meaningless extension of an extension of an extension. I would really prefer we not go over the cliff, but If we do, maybe that's not the worst thing in the world. Hopefully it jump starts meaningful change. It's just unfortunate that such change has to come like this.

Boehner can talk about who should lead and Obama can talk about who hasn't shown up, but from my perspective, that's all moot and academic. That is fantasy. The reality is that because these 2 are unable to put their differences aside, I will have to tighten by belt and sacrifice. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise, but nonetheless, a blessing that will be someone else's curse.

We have always fought over budget priorities, and putting differences aside has always happened in the give-and-take of the budget process.

Harry Reid has intentionally destroyed the budget process because he refuses to negotiate with the people's elected House of Representatives.

The result? End on end crisis management, by design.

Worst Ever leadership.

Exactly right! The House has passed a budget every year, the Senate hasn't passed a budget in three years. That is as basic as it gets.

That Reid has destroyed the budget process is America's real dysfunction.

It is intentional, because the Liberals have refused to compromise.

The National media is 'all in' on the cover-up.

WASHINGTON, DC – House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) released the following statement in response to President Obama’s appearance on Meet the Press this morning.
“Americans elected President Obama to lead, not cast blame. The president’s comments today are ironic, as a recurring theme of our negotiations was his unwillingness to agree to anything that would require him to stand up to his own party. Needed cuts and reforms that the president agreed to just last year were no longer on the table, as he cited an inability to sell them to Democrats. What was that about the Tea Party obstructing?

“In an effort to get the president to agree to cut spending -- which is the problem -- I put revenues on the table last year, and I put them on the table again last month. Republicans made every effort to reach the ‘balanced’ deficit agreement that the president promised the American people, while the president has continued to insist on a package skewed dramatically in favor of higher taxes that would destroy jobs. We’ve been reasonable and responsible. The president is the one who has never been able to get to ‘yes.’

“The House has passed legislation to avert the entire fiscal cliff, and the president has never called for the Senate to act on those bills in any way. He instead has simply allowed the Democratic-controlled Senate to sit on them and lead our economy to the edge of the fiscal cliff. I am pleased Senators from both parties are currently working to find a bipartisan solution that can finally pass that chamber. That is the type of leadership America needs, not what they saw from the president this morning.”

Boehner: President Obama Should Lead, Not Cast Blame | Speaker.gov

:lol:

Telling the truth is not "casting" blame.

This congress holds several records.

Lowest number of bills passed. Lowest approval. Highest number of filibusters.

And this activity is not unique to this President. Clinton faced the same nonsense.

Conservatives are single minded when they don't rule the roost.

no the majority of the people do not agree...that is something you all wish

Sorry darlin', but all the "wishing" is on the GOP side. My statement is actually supported by polls...(and a nationwide election in which the President won in an electoral landslide)

doesn't matter, he only won with the people by a small margin..we don't live in a mob Democracy yet, though some of you wish we did

LOL...he won by a greater margin that George Bush did his 2nd term. I'm willing to bet you even though Bushie had a "mandate" back then didn't you? Of course you did. You parrot the RW talking points to such a "t", that I have no doubt you thought Bush had a mandate.

No, we don't live in a Democracy, but he won both the popular vote and in our non-democratic system. He won that in an actual landslide.

The facts are that the American people want taxes raised on those making over $250K. Polls prove it and an election proved it. The GOP needs to give up their pledge to Grover Norquist and do the will of the people.

WASHINGTON, DC – House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) released the following statement in response to President Obama’s appearance on Meet the Press this morning.
“Americans elected President Obama to lead, not cast blame. The president’s comments today are ironic, as a recurring theme of our negotiations was his unwillingness to agree to anything that would require him to stand up to his own party. Needed cuts and reforms that the president agreed to just last year were no longer on the table, as he cited an inability to sell them to Democrats. What was that about the Tea Party obstructing?

“In an effort to get the president to agree to cut spending -- which is the problem -- I put revenues on the table last year, and I put them on the table again last month. Republicans made every effort to reach the ‘balanced’ deficit agreement that the president promised the American people, while the president has continued to insist on a package skewed dramatically in favor of higher taxes that would destroy jobs. We’ve been reasonable and responsible. The president is the one who has never been able to get to ‘yes.’

“The House has passed legislation to avert the entire fiscal cliff, and the president has never called for the Senate to act on those bills in any way. He instead has simply allowed the Democratic-controlled Senate to sit on them and lead our economy to the edge of the fiscal cliff. I am pleased Senators from both parties are currently working to find a bipartisan solution that can finally pass that chamber. That is the type of leadership America needs, not what they saw from the president this morning.”

And this activity is not unique to this President. Clinton faced the same nonsense.

and liberals are thuggish violent protesters when they don't rule the roost as we saw all though the Bush administration

The Republicans WILL get the blame, period. It is the Republicans that signed their life over to Grover Norquist, not the Democrats.

I think the part you're missing is that the majority of American people agree with the Democrats tax plan, not the GOP's. Oh, and the President recently won re-election by a pretty big margin.

Sorry darlin', but all the "wishing" is on the GOP side. My statement is actually supported by polls...(and a nationwide election in which the President won in an electoral landslide)

You're so full of shit that if you had blue eyes they are turning brown with every post you make.

Oh and by the way, the House is the People's House, and they clearly chose conservative.

The Senate? When you have a head of the Senate that is such an evil man that he makes the crazy wicked old man in Poltergeist II look like a JW for crying out loud.

That man sold his soul a long time ago. Reid is an evil old man.

Poltergeist+1.jpg

Guess which party holds the Senate? So don't be so pompous as to absolve yourself of any obstruction.

Clinton faced the same thing? Wasn't it you lefties who kept telling us how B.J. got things done?

Tell him to give oBUMa a jingle...Clinton found a way to compromise. A word that's flammable to oBUMa.

Oh those polls. Those polls Sallow?

Any poll that goes against Obama sets Axelrod clean off. He sics Holder to sue them.

How Red commie can you get?

Let "us" worry about it.

If there is one comforting thought if Shariah Law is ever passed on this continent, if Islam takes us over, your ass is grass. They won't like you. Not at all.

:D

I'm getting a warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

and liberals are thuggish violent protesters when they don't rule the roost as we saw all though the Bush administration

The protests didn't come from democratic elected officials. With the exception of the tax cuts, Judge Miers and turning SSI into private 401K plans..Bush was one of the most successful Presidents in history at ramming his agenda through congress. He got some pretty radical and dangerous policy into place..with Democratic support. That's not unique either. Democrats didn't obstruct Reagan or George HW Bush the way Republicans obstructed Clinton and Obama.

The protests came from private citizens. Who saw that this was a radical course for this country. Conservatives seem to be waking up to that now..because the powers they gave to a conservative president is now in the hands of a president who is much less conservative.

:badgrin:

Guess which party holds the Senate? So don't be so pompous as to absolve yourself of any obstruction.

Clinton faced the same thing? Wasn't it you lefties who kept telling us how B.J. got things done?

Tell him to give oBUMa a jingle...Clinton found a way to compromise. A word that's flammable to oBUMa.

omg

I never connected the initials before. Holy toledo.

:eusa_clap:

Any poll that goes against Obama sets Axelrod clean off. He sics Holder to sue them.

Swallow will say anything. Not a lot of self respect there.

LOL

That's the biggest lie told by conservatives to date.

There was no compromise.

The Republicans didn't vote on Clinton's budget.

They impeached him. That's after closing down government, twice.

It blew up in their faces. Clinton left office with very high approval ratings. Despite the fact you guys called him a communist murdering rapist. And left him disbarred with a 22 million dollar legal bill.

Swallow will say anything. Not a lot of self respect there.

LOL

You'll say anything to get a swallow, Sniperfag..not that it works.

You're so full of shit that if you had blue eyes they are turning brown with every post you make.

Oh and by the way, the House is the People's House, and they clearly chose conservative.

The Senate? When you have a head of the Senate that is such an evil man that he makes the crazy wicked old man in Poltergeist II look like a JW for crying out loud.

That man sold his soul a long time ago. Reid is an evil old man.

I'm going to be nice because of your substance abuse issues. I'll try to make it simple too.

1. Democrats received more votes than Republicans did in House races, by a half million votes. In other words, more people voted for Democrats than they voted for Republicans, but Gerrymandering allowed the GOP to retain house seats. This is a FACT.

stacked-gop.png

2. Republicans will get the blame if the fiscal Cliff Clavin talks fail and we go over. This is also a fact that is supported by public polling.

The Fiscal Cliff: Poll Shows Americans Blame Republicans More Than Democrats

3. Both the Boehner and Reid are pretty equal in their overall popularity vs unpopularity...however Republicans are at the bottom of the approval barrel.

eklhnnarfk2e7kd-dmqzyw.gif

Forum List

Back