Boehner, Do your job instead

I feel like nearly every post you make on this board (or at least every post you make responding to me) is a tu quoque fallacy.

Why do you think that changing the subject to Obama is some sort of golden bullet that applies in any thread?

Or to Harry Reid.

How about we stay on topic?

The R does nothing. Boehner does nothing

Except of course, waste our taxes on phony votes to repeal ObamaCare and now more $$ on phony law suit.

When do you RWs demand he get off the golf course, put down the bottle and Do his job?

Why is that so much to expect of any of the Rs?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
When was the last bill passed by the HoR that was then put on the Senate calendar for debate and a vote?

The last one that the POTUS signed.

Bill Text - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

And the one before that? And the one before that?

Come on, you can feel free to tell us all how many bills that the HoR has passed, which have gone on to die in Reid's ignore box.

Come on, tell us.

Actually this President has never stopped campaigning and yet you do not mind THAT? This President violates the law and illegally uses signing statements. He picks and chooses what laws to enforce and which ones to ignore which is in DIRECT violation of his oath of Office and the Constitution.

I feel like nearly every post you make on this board (or at least every post you make responding to me) is a tu quoque fallacy.

Why do you think that changing the subject to Obama is some sort of golden bullet that applies in any thread?

Or to Harry Reid.

How about we stay on topic?

The R does nothing. Boehner does nothing

Except of course, waste our taxes on phony votes to repeal ObamaCare and now more $$ on phony law suit.

When do you RWs demand he get off the golf course, put down the bottle and Do his job?

Why is that so much to expect of any of the Rs?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I'm staying on topic Luddly. You keep claiming that Boehner and the Congress are the problem. You are lying.

I proved you were lying.

One more time you left wing whacko. It's on record that Congress has been doing its job.

Harry Reid is the "Obstructionist in Chief".

They note that House Republicans passed more than 200 bills in 2013, many of which Reid has refused to hold votes on in the Senate.

House-passed legislation is readily dismissed as “dead on arrival” in the upper chamber, while the storyline surrounding Senate measures, such as the immigration bill, tends to focus on House speaker John Boehner “facing pressure” to hold a vote in the House.

In reality, of the 72 bills President Obama signed into law last year, only 16 originated in the Senate.

Fuck you Luddly. Stop lying.

Harry Reid?s Obstructionism | National Review Online

Last edited:
And what of these 290 bills?

Senate sitting on 290 bills already passed by House; tension mounts | TheHill

What is that number up to today?

What about the do-nothing Senate?

Moving the goalposts.
More than 290 bills passed by the HoR, not even being considered for debate by the Senate, is evidence of a "do-nothing congress" in what way?

Boehner is not doing his job? Really?

Name the one that is most important to you. We will discuss it.

Boehners Do nothing Congress has no single accomplishment

Now, he is suing because Obama is trying to accomplish something

And what of these 290 bills?

Senate sitting on 290 bills already passed by House; tension mounts | TheHill

What is that number up to today?

What about the do-nothing Senate?

Moving the goalposts.

No it's not. The Congress passes bills and Harry sits on them. Even to the dismay of many Democrats for crying out loud. Some Democrats are openly criticizing him.

Reid has refused to bring up measures that would almost certainly pass with bipartisan support, such as legislation approving construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline, or the aforementioned medical-device-tax repeal.

:eusa_whistle:

He has also refused to consider legislation to impose new sanctions on Iran: A majority of Senate Democrats support the idea, but it’s strongly opposed by the White House.

On the Iranian issue, Republicans have accused Reid of “playing defense for the president” against the wishes of his own conference.

Moving the goalposts.
More than 290 bills passed by the HoR, not even being considered for debate by the Senate, is evidence of a "do-nothing congress" in what way?

Oh, no you don't.

The number today is easily over 300 bills, totally ignored by Harry Reid.

Now who is moving the goalposts? :lol:

Boehners Do nothing Congress has no single accomplishment

Now, he is suing because Obama is trying to accomplish something

Did you join the liars are us club tonight too? Obama signed 56 Bills into law in 2013. Bills passed by Congress.

Harry sat on the rest. Man oh man the talking points of a do nothing Congress make me want to bazooka barf because Congress has been working.

But that old mother fucker is more intent on blocking for the White House than helping work with Senate Republicans and Democrats to go ahead with even bipartisan legislation.

Reid's fucking over Democrats as much as he is Republicans. Refute this.

The New York Times reported last week on Reid’s “brutish style” and “uncompromising control” over the amendments process in the Senate. Why are more people finally catching on to Reid’s flagrant disregard for Senate customs? In part because conservatives aren’t the only ones complaining.

Democrats such as Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — who wants to repeal Obamacare’s medical-device tax — and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York — who has waged a highly publicized campaign to reform the way the military handles sexual-assault cases — have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills.

Gillibrand had hoped to attach her sexual-assault amendment to the defense-appropriations bill that passed in December, but no amendments were allowed. Klobuchar has called for “a more open amendment process” because she’d like a vote on repealing the medical-device tax

Oh, no you don't.

The number today is easily over 300 bills, totally ignored by Harry Reid.

Now who is moving the goalposts? :lol:

Let's discuss the one you feel most strongly about.

It's not Harry Reid's job to bring every House bill up for a vote.

In fact, it's pretty specifically his job to decide which bills are allowed to come up for a vote. That's what he was elected (by the other Dem Senators) to do as Majority Leader.

Forum List

Back