Phil Roe was at the ballgame.

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
Most of my life I have voted conservative. They exception being the last election, I voted anti-incumbent across the board, as I plan to do next election. I just don't think anyone who is currently in Washington is doing anything other than "protecting their phony baloney jobs"(thanks Mel Brooks)

Well, I went to the Greeneville Astros game in Kingsport(Mets) last evening(7-3) and Phil Roe threw out the first pitch. Now he is one of my congressmen. I have emailed him multiple times and every time I usually get an automated reply. Tonight he got to hear what I thought of him.

I am a very vocal Astro fan. I love my Greeneville Astros, and I have a voice that rings and carries. I drove every Kingsport fan in my section to the other side of the field or out of the ballpark night before last. That being said, my exact words to Phil Roe were "Now go back to Washington and do something, anything, even if its wrong."

That was not the only time of the night I made most of the place laugh. There was a play where the ball rolled under the fence and it cost us a run at the time(ground rule double), and I yelled that the outfielder swept it under the fence, "Check him for a broom ump" :eusa_angel:

Anyway, i'll email Phil here in a few and let him know it was me, and that he should be thankful the game wasn't in Greeneville, because with their stadium setup, the overhang works as an amplifier for my voice and it's really much louder.

Needless to say, he didn't come by and say hi to me. I was so disappointed. :lol:

As far as the ballgame goes, we should have gotten creamed, after 9 innings we were outhit 11 to 4, but Kingsport's 3 errors led to 3 unearned runs, and Juan Santana had a huge night, going 4 for 6, reaching base 5 times, scoring 5 runs(new team record), he hit a solo homer, a double and stole 2 bases. He carried the team for the first 9 and he led off the 10th with a single, and then the flood gates opened. We scored 6 in the 10th, Juan gave me a game ball, I passed it on to a youngster, and went home happy. Now I just have to deal with around 3000 people in Greeneville for the 4th tonight.

Forum List

Back