Boehner briefed Limbaugh on debt plan

Seems like a smart move to me. Rush has a huge audience and is respected by many fiscal conservatives, myself included.

Is he still hooked on Oxycontin?

:clap2:

The left shows their character, or lack thereof, almost every time they open their mouths.

It really pisses you off that Limbaugh is unrivaled in his influence, that he has done something no leftist has ever been able to achieve--and that is all statements like that reveal.

Jealously, envy--simple emotions are the ones the left exploits and embraces. Limbaugh makes tens of millions--and if I'm wrong it is because the number is too low.

Also, only the shallow liberals on this board and MSNBC think this is an issue at all :lol:

Just commenting on a thread. I don't think you'd find me mentioning Rush anywhere else.

I love the influence he has on the Right. The further he pulls them away from the center, the better it is for the Left.

Well, good for him. So if John Doe you're living in the ghetto and admit you need help but cant afford it, what do you suggest John Doe does? Apparently you don't give a flying fuck about him.
There is plenty of free help for alcoholics and drug addicts in this country. We give them everything they need to overcome their addictions, except for the one thing that nobody can give them - self discipline.

Yes there is....now....all of that is the stuff people like you want to cut, get rid of, act like it's unimportant, and never bring back.

Look at the Title XX funding for Planned Parenthood. This is a program that furnishes birth control devices and pills. Last debt ceiling debate, your boys in the GOP attacked that. The result will be more unwanted pregnancies, more unhealthy family units and of course more welfare later on. Thus increasing the need for more of the "plenty of help" you want to strangle today.

Been proven over and over.

Pennies now for some birth control devices or tens of thousands of dollars--per inmate--later on. The choice is yours.

One example of a cost effective Program does not justify them all. Take just the Public School system for example. We keep dumping more and more money into it, and the test scores do not improve, our kids are being failed. Examples like that are more the norm when it comes to big Government spending programs, than your example.

1 more example would be the fact that we have spent Billions so far on the Liberals so called war on poverty, and today 14.4% of Americans live under the poverty line. Highest % in Generations.

Yep those government programs work great!

Not that I know of. Big deal, he's human and humans make mistakes. He admitted his addiction, got help for it, overcame it, just like millions of other Americans.

Well, good for him. So if John Doe you're living in the ghetto and admit you need help but cant afford it, what do you suggest John Doe does? Apparently you don't give a flying fuck about him.

You jump to an awful lot of conclusions.

Do you understand the difference between promote and provide. It doesnt appear so.

There is plenty of free help for alcoholics and drug addicts in this country. We give them everything they need to overcome their addictions, except for the one thing that nobody can give them - self discipline.

Yes there is....now....all of that is the stuff people like you want to cut, get rid of, act like it's unimportant, and never bring back.

Look at the Title XX funding for Planned Parenthood. This is a program that furnishes birth control devices and pills. Last debt ceiling debate, your boys in the GOP attacked that. The result will be more unwanted pregnancies, more unhealthy family units and of course more welfare later on. Thus increasing the need for more of the "plenty of help" you want to strangle today.

Pennies now for some birth control devices or tens of thousands of dollars--per inmate--later on. The choice is yours.

You need to get on some medication that helps you focus. :cuckoo: Is there a government handout for that??

Is that somehow relevant to his audience size or the respect he has from fiscal conservatives? Or are you simply unable to actually accept the fact that Rush is respected and has a large audience that you need to attack the man for no reason?

I doubt he's that respected although it is important to remember that respect is hard to measure.

Simply pointing out the pitfalls of "trusting" and "respecting" a known drug addict who, as I recall, violated the law by prescription shopping. I set my standards for respect a little higher than you do I guess but, hey it takes all types right.

I could be wrong about that--his criminal record; he doesn't interest me that much so I haven't kept up with it. Was he prosecuted?

I do know that he wasn't shown the remarks ahead of time to gauge public reaction, he was shown them to give his blessing. You sound silly for trying to paint it that way.
He was in some pretty extreme pain. He sought relief, and someone who makes, what a hundred mil a year, might set aside an extreme amount for pain relief, if he thought it would become more difficult to lay hands on, and since it is habituating.

You are so full of hatred and resentment, so bitter as to suggest that people that have struggled with addictions should never be redeemed.

Here's a brief list of people you must also have these childlike feelings for:

Jackson Pollock was an alcoholic who died in a drunk driving accident at 44 years old. He was was an influential American painter and a major force in the abstract expressionist movement. He was one of the most influential twentieth century artists. His painting No. 5, 1948 just sold as the most expensive painting ever for 140 million dollars. Read about the sale of No. 5, 1948 here.

You would never know accomplished actor Sir Anthony Hopkins was a raging alcoholic until 1975. He gave up alcohol when he woke up in a Pheonix hotel room with no recollection of how he came to be in Arizona. Anthony publically broke his anonymity to raise money for Alcoholics Anonymous. He is quoted as saying "There were some days when I'd drink a bottle of tequila and I didn't care if I died. I was so washed up, so empty and feeling emotionally bankrupt." Hopkins has been sober for 30 years. Click here to read his autobiography.

The fact of the matter is you don't have a point to make, and that is why you resort to harping on Limbaugh's struggle with drugs.

Anyone that knows or has had a loved one struggle with addiction--ME--should be offended. Continue to demonstrate what the left stands for.

The left shows their character, or lack thereof, almost every time they open their mouths.

It really pisses you off that Limbaugh is unrivaled in his influence, that he has done something no leftist has ever been able to achieve--and that is all statements like that reveal.

Jealously, envy--simple emotions are the ones the left exploits and embraces. Limbaugh makes tens of millions--and if I'm wrong it is because the number is too low.

Also, only the shallow liberals on this board and MSNBC think this is an issue at all :lol:

Just commenting on a thread. I don't think you'd find me mentioning Rush anywhere else.

I love the influence he has on the Right. The further he pulls them away from the center, the better it is for the Left.

Oh yes because Limbaugh's time on the air has really hurt the right :cuckoo:

I have to second this. I work with those who deal with alcohol and drug addiction almost constantly. They have plenty of resources to get the help they need to overcome.

No addiction is something the left can ridicule and laugh at.

The hatred, pure unadulterated hate spews from the left--all while they scream tolerance.

They have perverted this country and its' meaning. There is no freedom of religion, it is now freedom from religion. They are sick. Read what they post on this board, insults and shallow hatred.

Ahhh...like when Teddy Kennedy died, nobody said a thing about his drinking. I'm sure there was a calm remembrance of the man and his many contributions to this nation.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/133198-carl-paladino-wants-to-send-unemployment-and-welfare-recipients-to-prison.html#post2736651

Of course the big difference is that Kennedy actually put his name on legislation; Rush never had the guts to do that.

First, most addiction recovery programs by the government are done at the local level. Federal budgeting doesn't effect it in the least.

Second, most addiction recovery programs are not done by the government, but by private institutions paid for either by insurance or out of pocket of those who want to recover.

In fact, you can find recovery programs online at no charge to help you overcome just about any addiction out there.

I have to second this. I work with those who deal with alcohol and drug addiction almost constantly. They have plenty of resources to get the help they need to overcome.

The hatred, pure unadulterated hate spews from the left--all while they scream tolerance.

They have perverted this country and its' meaning. There is no freedom of religion, it is now freedom from religion. They are sick. Read what they post on this board, insults and shallow hatred.

Ahhh...like when Teddy Kennedy died, nobody said a thing about his drinking. I'm sure there was a calm remembrance of the man and his many contributions to this nation.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/133198-carl-paladino-wants-to-send-unemployment-and-welfare-recipients-to-prison.html#post2736651

He had many contributions? Who knew?

Oh yes because Limbaugh's time on the air has really hurt the right :cuckoo:

Long term yes. I think John Boehner sees that....in a very strange way.
I hope Rush keeps it up. How'd that operation Chaos work for you?

First, most addiction recovery programs by the government are done at the local level. Federal budgeting doesn't effect it in the least.
Wrong.

Federal programs free up monies for the localities to do their excellent work. Title XX monies that used to come from DHHS will now come from local income, sales, and property taxes, if anywhere.

Second, most addiction recovery programs are not done by the government, but by private institutions paid for either by insurance or out of pocket of those who want to recover.
Really...insurance covers illicit drug rehab? Mine doesn't.

In fact, you can find recovery programs online at no charge to help you overcome just about any addiction out there.

No charge. Cool. Well, I guess that solves all of the problems.

I googled it: One of the first hits was this:
Free Alcoholism and Drug Rehab - Programs That Offer Free Alcoholism and Drug Rehab

During times of economic downturn, we receive an increase in email from visitors to the About.com Alcoholism / Substance Abuse site that read like this:
My husband lost his job last year and started drinking heavily and now he wants to get help to quit drinking. But we have little money and no insurance. What can we do?

If someone sincerely wants help and is committed to stop drinking alcohol or doing drugs, there are several options available that cost very little or nothing at all.

Professional Rehab Centers

Yes, most residential treatment centers are very expensive and require that you have good credit and good insurance to attend. However, there are many facilities that offer alternative payment options, payment assistance or sliding-scale fees.
It doesn't hurt to ask. Contact the facilities in your area and ask if they have any payment assistant plans for someone who lost their job or has no insurance. You may be surprised.

Most states and even some cities and counties offer outpatient and inpatient alcohol and drug treatment facilities that are completely tax supported and charge no fees. These programs can range from short-term detoxification centers, long-term residential treatment facilities to individual outpatient counseling at local clinics.
Because these programs are utilized mostly by people who are already in the "system" through agencies such as the Department of Family and Children Services, the county health department or the criminal justice system, state-sponsored programs generally have a long waiting list.

Also, because these programs are supported by tax dollars, in times of economic stress, they also can experience cutbacks in funding and restraints on the services they can provide, at the very time the demand for their services are increasing.

In your fantasy land...cutting aid to states will, in no way, hurt any of these programs, right?

He had many contributions? Who knew?

Nearly everyone.

Not that I know of. Big deal, he's human and humans make mistakes. He admitted his addiction, got help for it, overcame it, just like millions of other Americans.

How the hell do you KNOW the pathological liar overcame it??? Because the liar told you so? :cuckoo:

And your MessiahRushie has all the "self discipline" of a practicing glutton!!! :rofl::lmao:

How the hell do you KNOW the pathological liar overcame it??? Because the liar told you so? :cuckoo:

And your MessiahRushie has all the "self discipline" of a practicing glutton!!! :rofl::lmao:

Don't go there dude,:(

Rush isn't important enough to start calling names.

He's a drug addict who has a microphone. He and Alex Jones are one and the same; both deal only in fear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlkAjKk_4f8]‪Alex Jones Best Rant Ever!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

Of course the big difference is that Kennedy actually put his name on legislation; Rush never had the guts to do that.

Ted the Swimmer was a fuckstain who killed a girl...

His death didn't change that....

He was in some pretty extreme pain. He sought relief, and someone who makes, what a hundred mil a year, might set aside an extreme amount, if he thought it would become more difficult to lay hands on, and since it is habituating.
He had suffered from several years of severe back pain heightened by a botched surgery intended to correct the original problem.
Again, how the fuck do you know any of that crap is true? Addicts are notorious liars, especially about when and why they became addicted, and your MessiahRushie brags that his talent for lying is on loan from Gawwwwwwwd-da.

He claims that he didn't start abusing drugs until 1996, but in January of 1993, while telling the Gore at Monticello lie, the drug impaired liar HALLUCINATED seeing four busts that he said Gore could not name on display "over the fireplace" in the Tea Room. Trouble is, there is no fireplace in the Tea Room! That's a full 3 years before he claims to have hurt his back, while still playing golf all the years of his claimed back troubles.

One example of a cost effective Program does not justify them all. Take just the Public School system for example. We keep dumping more and more money into it, and the test scores do not improve, our kids are being failed. Examples like that are more the norm when it comes to big Government spending programs, than your example.

1 more example would be the fact that we have spent Billions so far on the Liberals so called war on poverty, and today 14.4% of Americans live under the poverty line. Highest % in Generations.

Yep those government programs work great!

Some do, some not so well to be sure.
And in truth, the unwanted pregnancies I speak of....one of those could end up curing cancer for all I know.

So whats the alternative; do away with them all because they are inefficient; do away with welfare because some people cheat on it?

I tend to think that if you're going to waste billions of dollars of money, wasting it somewhere between Oregon and Virginia is better than wasting it between Iran and Jordan or Iran and India.

As for the Education system, I would propose the following, you get basic core programs paid for by the federal government. Twelve years of the following; Math, Science, English, and basic money management (Home Ec but with a focus on household budgeting). Perhaps some vocational education courses as well. If your district wants drama, it pays for it. If it wants Football, it pays for it. If it wants to have a field trip to the zoo, it pays for it.

The "war on poverty" is being lost because the jobs that used to go to the unskilled moved offshore. Good idea, wrong weapons being used in the war.

You need to get on some medication that helps you focus. :cuckoo: Is there a government handout for that??

If there was, I'm sure you'd want to cut it.

I doubt he's that respected although it is important to remember that respect is hard to measure.

Simply pointing out the pitfalls of "trusting" and "respecting" a known drug addict who, as I recall, violated the law by prescription shopping. I set my standards for respect a little higher than you do I guess but, hey it takes all types right.

I could be wrong about that--his criminal record; he doesn't interest me that much so I haven't kept up with it. Was he prosecuted?

I do know that he wasn't shown the remarks ahead of time to gauge public reaction, he was shown them to give his blessing. You sound silly for trying to paint it that way.
He was in some pretty extreme pain. He sought relief, and someone who makes, what a hundred mil a year, might set aside an extreme amount for pain relief, if he thought it would become more difficult to lay hands on, and since it is habituating.

You are so full of hatred and resentment, so bitter as to suggest that people that have struggled with addictions should never be redeemed.

Here's a brief list of people you must also have these childlike feelings for:

Jackson Pollock was an alcoholic who died in a drunk driving accident at 44 years old. He was was an influential American painter and a major force in the abstract expressionist movement. He was one of the most influential twentieth century artists. His painting No. 5, 1948 just sold as the most expensive painting ever for 140 million dollars. Read about the sale of No. 5, 1948 here.

You would never know accomplished actor Sir Anthony Hopkins was a raging alcoholic until 1975. He gave up alcohol when he woke up in a Pheonix hotel room with no recollection of how he came to be in Arizona. Anthony publically broke his anonymity to raise money for Alcoholics Anonymous. He is quoted as saying "There were some days when I'd drink a bottle of tequila and I didn't care if I died. I was so washed up, so empty and feeling emotionally bankrupt." Hopkins has been sober for 30 years. Click here to read his autobiography.

The fact of the matter is you don't have a point to make, and that is why you resort to harping on Limbaugh's struggle with drugs.

Anyone that knows or has had a loved one struggle with addiction--ME--should be offended. Continue to demonstrate what the left stands for.

Actually the point was that Boehner (sp?) didn't consult with Rush because of his being a member of the media, he wanted to get Rush's blessing. The stance that there was some thing other than that going on is vividly moronic; much like your mock disdain; Teddy Kennedy was a drunk and I would wager that every rightie on this board lined up to take turns at him. Still, I'm sorry you are offended by my, correctly, labeling Mr. Limbaugh as a drug addict. He, in fact, is.

Forum List

Back