Boehner briefed Limbaugh on debt plan

Rush isn't media, Rush is entertainer and that's it!

Could anyone imagine what the Right would say if Obama told Ellen DeGeneres he was going to use the 14th Amendment to raise the debt ceiling before he told anyone else! :cool: :lol:

I hate to burst your pretentious little bubble (LIE) but entertainment and media are interchangeable terms.

"Pretentious", you say? :eusa_hand: Some people take themselves way too seriously.

What makes you think that a guy who uses the name Quantum Windbag takes himself, or herself, seriously?

Seems like a smart move to me. Rush has a huge audience and is respected by many fiscal conservatives, myself included.

You have a problem with him presenting his plan to the media and through the media the people?

We complain about transperancy. How politicians are doing things behind closed doors without sharing anything with the people. Boehner is transperant and now that's bad because he had the audacity to talk about his plan to the American people on the Rush Limbaugh show?

What is wrong with you people?

Rush isn't media, Rush is an entertainer and that's it!

Could anyone imagine what the Right would say if Obama told Ellen DeGeneres he was going to use the 14th Amendment to raise the debt ceiling before he told anyone else! :cool: :lol:

Unfortunately I can't neg rep you again for outright stupidity.
Does Ellen DeGenerate have a talk show that has millions of listeners daily? Does Boehner's plan somehow call for an end run around the Constitution?
I wish Obama would consult someone before he does something next time. Because what he's doing now ain't working.

Seems like a smart move to me. Rush has a huge audience and is respected by many fiscal conservatives, myself included.

Is he still hooked on Oxycontin?

Is that somehow relevant to his audience size or the respect he has from fiscal conservatives? Or are you simply unable to actually accept the fact that Rush is respected and has a large audience that you need to attack the man for no reason?

Is that somehow relevant to his audience size or the respect he has from fiscal conservatives? Or are you simply unable to actually accept the fact that Rush is respected and has a large audience that you need to attack the man for no reason?

I doubt he's that respected although it is important to remember that respect is hard to measure.

Simply pointing out the pitfalls of "trusting" and "respecting" a known drug addict who, as I recall, violated the law by prescription shopping. I set my standards for respect a little higher than you do I guess but, hey it takes all types right.

I could be wrong about that--his criminal record; he doesn't interest me that much so I haven't kept up with it. Was he prosecuted?

I do know that he wasn't shown the remarks ahead of time to gauge public reaction, he was shown them to give his blessing. You sound silly for trying to paint it that way.

Not that I know of. Big deal, he's human and humans make mistakes. He admitted his addiction, got help for it, overcame it, just like millions of other Americans.

Well, good for him. So if John Doe you're living in the ghetto and admit you need help but cant afford it, what do you suggest John Doe does? Apparently you don't give a flying fuck about him.

I doubt he's that respected although it is important to remember that respect is hard to measure.

Simply pointing out the pitfalls of "trusting" and "respecting" a known drug addict who, as I recall, violated the law by prescription shopping. I set my standards for respect a little higher than you do I guess but, hey it takes all types right.

I could be wrong about that--his criminal record; he doesn't interest me that much so I haven't kept up with it. Was he prosecuted?

I do know that he wasn't shown the remarks ahead of time to gauge public reaction, he was shown them to give his blessing. You sound silly for trying to paint it that way.
You do know that Obama did cocaine and other 'mind altering drugs'.

You do know that Obama did cocaine and other 'mind altering drugs'.

Musta been some good shit; Harvard education, President of the United States....:lol: You shoulda bought yours from his supplier.

Boehner briefed Limbaugh on debt plan - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) outlined the GOP's debt-ceiling plan to conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh on Monday before showing it to his conference.

On Monday during his radio program, Limbaugh talked about the call he received from Boehner. Limbaugh's support of the plan would be advantageous to Republicans because it might help rally the conservative base.

In a nod to the conservative anger over the fall-back proposal McConnell had put forward earlier in the month, Limbaugh said: "I'm told that Senator McConnell has been in a better position than he has been lately ... he's on the same page with Boehner now."

This isn't the first time Boehner has called Limbaugh to voice his position on the debt talks.

Boehner also phoned in to Limbaugh's show last Friday to give him the inside scoop following reports that Republican leaders and the White House were close to finalizing a deal.

:lol:

This is what you're upset about? Of all the issues, the ins and outs of this debt limit debate, America's credit rating already being downgraded, the president's press secretary admitting the President of the United States doesn't have a plan of his own--this is what you choose to make an issue out of?

Desperation....

Not that I know of. Big deal, he's human and humans make mistakes. He admitted his addiction, got help for it, overcame it, just like millions of other Americans.

Well, good for him. So if John Doe you're living in the ghetto and admit you need help but cant afford it, what do you suggest John Doe does? Apparently you don't give a flying fuck about him.
There is plenty of free help for alcoholics and drug addicts in this country. We give them everything they need to overcome their addictions, except for the one thing that nobody can give them - self discipline.

There is plenty of free help for alcoholics and drug addicts in this country. We give them everything they need to overcome their addictions, except for the one thing that nobody can give them - self discipline.

I have to second this. I work with those who deal with alcohol and drug addiction almost constantly. They have plenty of resources to get the help they need to overcome.

:clap2:

The left shows their character, or lack thereof, almost every time they open their mouths.

It really pisses you off that Limbaugh is unrivaled in his influence, that he has done something no leftist has ever been able to achieve--and that is all statements like that reveal.

Jealously, envy--simple emotions are the ones the left exploits and embraces. Limbaugh makes tens of millions--and if I'm wrong it is because the number is too low.

Also, only the shallow liberals on this board and MSNBC think this is an issue at all :lol:

He was in some pretty extreme pain. He sought relief, and someone who makes, what a hundred mil a year, might set aside an extreme amount, if he thought it would become more difficult to lay hands on, and since it is habituating.
He had suffered from several years of severe back pain heightened by a botched surgery intended to correct the original problem.

Last edited:

I have to second this. I work with those who deal with alcohol and drug addiction almost constantly. They have plenty of resources to get the help they need to overcome.

No addiction is something the left can ridicule and laugh at.

The hatred, pure unadulterated hate spews from the left--all while they scream tolerance.

They have perverted this country and its' meaning. There is no freedom of religion, it is now freedom from religion. They are sick. Read what they post on this board, insults and shallow hatred.

Yes there is....now....all of that is the stuff people like you want to cut, get rid of, act like it's unimportant, and never bring back.

Look at the Title XX funding for Planned Parenthood. This is a program that furnishes birth control devices and pills. Last debt ceiling debate, your boys in the GOP attacked that. The result will be more unwanted pregnancies, more unhealthy family units and of course more welfare later on. Thus increasing the need for more of the "plenty of help" you want to strangle today.

Been proven over and over.

Pennies now for some birth control devices or tens of thousands of dollars--per inmate--later on. The choice is yours.

You have a problem with him presenting his plan to the media and through the media the people?

We complain about transperancy. How politicians are doing things behind closed doors without sharing anything with the people. Boehner is transperant and now that's bad because he had the audacity to talk about his plan to the American people on the Rush Limbaugh show?

What is wrong with you people?

Rush isn't media, Rush is entertainer and that's it!

The same thing we are saying now. The 14th Amendment gives no authorization to him to do that.

Obama Believes he alone has the power to Interpret the Constitution to mean what ever he wants, and act on it.

So the fact that it does not actually give him the authority will not stop him.

Forum List

Back