Boehner and the GOP "Debt Plan"

DontBeStupid

Look it up!
Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Boehner: Obama has no debt plan. Republicans do - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The House next week will take a vote to raise the debt ceiling and pass a balanced budget amendment, House Republican leaders said today.

The plan is unlikely to go anywhere, since a balanced budget amendment would likely fail in the Democrat-led Senate, but GOP leaders nevertheless called it a serious plan to raise the debt ceiling.
The "cut, cap and balance" proposal would make raising the debt ceiling contingent on Congress sending a balanced budget amendment to the states. It would also cap government spending at 18 percent of Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years.
"I don't want to preclude any chance of coming to an agreement, but [Democrats have] been unwilling to put a real plan on the table," Boehner said. "Without serious spending cuts or real reform to entitlement programs, this problem is not going to be solved."

Couple things.

1) We don't need a plan to pay down the debt right now. What we need is a plan to grow the economy, and the GOP plan won't do that. Why?

2) 18% of our GDP is $2.6T which would mean that $1.2T would need to be cut from the government, which would of course lower our GDP and require additional cuts. Basically though, all discretionary spending (military included) would need to end under the GOP "plan".

3) Why is Boehner whining over Obama's leadership, when Boehner is Speaker of the House, the actual group of people who vote on this whole damn thing in the first place.

The House next week will take a vote to raise the debt ceiling and pass a balanced budget amendment, House Republican leaders said today.

The plan is unlikely to go anywhere, since a balanced budget amendment would likely fail in the Democrat-led Senate, but GOP leaders nevertheless called it a serious plan to raise the debt ceiling.
The "cut, cap and balance" proposal would make raising the debt ceiling contingent on Congress sending a balanced budget amendment to the states. It would also cap government spending at 18 percent of Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years.
"I don't want to preclude any chance of coming to an agreement, but [Democrats have] been unwilling to put a real plan on the table," Boehner said. "Without serious spending cuts or real reform to entitlement programs, this problem is not going to be solved."

Couple things.

1) We don't need a plan to pay down the debt right now. What we need is a plan to grow the economy, and the GOP plan won't do that. Why?

2) 18% of our GDP is $2.6T which would mean that $1.2T would need to be cut from the government, which would of course lower our GDP and require additional cuts. Basically though, all discretionary spending (military included) would need to end under the GOP "plan".

3) Why is Boehner whining over Obama's leadership, when Boehner is Speaker of the House, the actual group of people who vote on this whole damn thing in the first place.

Why is Boehner whining over Obama's leadership
What leadership? there hasn't been a budget for two years now what happen to the leadership?

Couple things.

The democrats have been scared to death to pass a budget simply to avoid criticism. They waited for Republicans to do it so they and faggots like you and your ilk can whine about the Republican plan. You're either too dumb or too partisan to see that, not a good thing either way......

lester.jpg

obamahelmet.jpg

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure....It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

there hasn't been a budget for two years now what happen to the leadership?

2nd post, and already an attempt to derail the thread.

:clap2:

So I take it you can't find any leadership in the idiot either. because if he had our nation wouldn't be without a budget for the last two year's and just so you don't forget the last so called budget obama proposed was tossed out by the Left....ya real leadership in that one.

our nation wouldn't be without a budget for the last two year's

heh heh A for effort. But seriously, you could just say you don't understand the GOP plan. I could explain it to you.
That they even have a plan, screwed up as it may be, leaves them one up on Boiking and his do-nothing dummycrat chorus line.

Last edited:
our nation wouldn't be without a budget for the last two year's

heh heh A for effort. But seriously, you could just say you don't understand the GOP plan. I could explain it to you.
That they even have a plan, screed up as it may be, leaves them one up on Boiking and his do-nothing dummycrat chorus line.

Except, no.

As I have stated, paying down the debt is NOT a priority right now and should not be one either. Growing the economy should be the priority and the GOP plan won't do that. It will actually SHRINK the economy by at least 8%!

Not doing anything would be a better plan!

Last edited:
So again I ask where is Obama's leadership where is his Plan or for that matter the Dem's Plan? its been several years now since this nation had a budget where is the leadership in making sure this nation can operate?

That they even have a plan, screed up as it may be, leaves them one up on Boiking and his do-nothing dummycrat chorus line.

Except, no.

As I have stated, paying down the debt is NOT a priority right now and should not be one either. Growing the economy should be the priority and the GOP plan won't do that. It will actually SHRINK the economy by at least 8%!

Whatever you say is a priority is irrelevant and doing nothing is exactly what got us where we are today.

Boehner has a plan, Boiking and the dems do not, and you're still a party man hack.

Last edited:
So again I ask where is Obama's leadership where is his Plan or for that matter the Dem's Plan? its been several years now since this nation had a budget where is the leadership in making sure this nation can operate?

You will just do anything to avoid discussing the GOP plan, won't you? Or for that matter, the fact that the GOP is planning on voting on something that has no hope of passing in the Senate, since the votes won't be there. Odd how they do that, but then storm out of meetings when a Democrat idea is floated that might not have the votes in the House.

Double standard anyone?

Except, no.

You seem to be very much in the know.

As a matter of fact, you seem to have a better handle on the situation than all of our elected officials.

Doesnt that seem a little strnage?

As a matter of fact, you seem to have a better handle on the situation than all of our elected officials.

I don't think that is true. I think the GOP know full well what their plan will do. They know it will shrink the economy and they know it will result in massive layoffs and a rise in unemployment. That's what they want, as it will ensure Obama gets defeated in 2012. Additionally, and rather interesting, the drop in spending will almost reach the current levels of tax receipts, which means the GOP can make permanent their temporary cuts for the wealthy and corporations. This benefits not only GOP members directly, but also all their corporate and wealthy sponsors and their lobbyists.

I don't think the GOP are stupid. I think their plan does exactly what they want it to do.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit

It i a sign that the Continuing Criminal enterprise known as the United States Government ignores the constitution and spends money extraconstitutionally.

I don't think that is true. I think the GOP know full well what their plan will do. They know it will shrink the economy and they know it will result in massive layoffs and a rise in unemployment. That's what they want, as it will ensure Obama gets defeated in 2012. Additionally, and rather interesting, the drop in spending will almost reach the current levels of tax receipts, which means the GOP can make permanent their temporary cuts for the wealthy and corporations. This benefits not only GOP members directly, but also all their corporate and wealthy sponsors and their lobbyists.

I don't think the GOP are stupid. I think their plan does exactly what they want it to do.

And people call Glen Beck a conspracy theorist?

You will just do anything to avoid discussing the GOP plan, won't you? Or for that matter, the fact that the GOP is planning on voting on something that has no hope of passing in the Senate, since the votes won't be there. Odd how they do that, but then storm out of meetings when a Democrat idea is floated that might not have the votes in the House.

Double standard anyone?

You idiot's held all three branches and Obama still couldn't pass a Budget where was the Leadership then and where the Leadership now? Where's the budget why can't the Dem produce a budget? I'm amazed that the Left keep insisting someone else carry the water and that they not be held accountable for anything including what they were elected for.

Forum List

Back