Boehner and the GOP "Debt Plan"

2) 18% of our GDP is $2.6T which would mean that $1.2T would need to be cut from the government, which would of course lower our GDP and require additional cuts. Basically though, all discretionary spending (military included) would need to end under the GOP "plan".
You cut $1.2 trillion form a sector that provides absolutely nothing of added value to the economy, and that lowers GDP?!?!?

Why don't you tell us all how that math works.

You idiot's held all three branches and Obama still couldn't pass a Budget where was the Leadership then and where the Leadership now? Where's the budget why can't the Dem produce a budget? I'm amazed that the Left keep insisting someone else carry the water and that they not be held accountable for anything including what they were elected for.

Wow. Anything and everything to just not address the topic of the thread huh? Are you really that terrified to talk about the GOP plan? Or do you really just not understand it all?

So again I ask where is Obama's leadership where is his Plan or for that matter the Dem's Plan? its been several years now since this nation had a budget where is the leadership in making sure this nation can operate?

Just so I understand....who else here realizes that this broohaha over the "debt ceiling" is bulllshit and taking precious time away from our Government who should be focused on real issues??

In the past, raising the debt ceiling has mostly been a perfunctory matter. The ceiling has been raised almost 100 times since it was established and has gone from less than $1 trillion in the 1980s to $6 trillion in the 1990s. The most recent time the ceiling was boosted was in February 2010. Legislation to raise the debt limit usually prompts partisan posturing about fiscal responsibility, but little real drama. This time is different.

What’s the debt ceiling, and why is everyone in Washington talking about it? - The Washington Post

Growing the economy should be the priority and the GOP plan won't do that. It will actually SHRINK the economy by at least 8%!

What are you basing this figure on?

The GOP plan would cap government spending at 18% of GDP. That would be, currently, $2.646T, or a drop of $1.2T. Our GDP is $14.7T so a drop of $1.2T would be 8.16%.

I think I am remembering those numbers correctly. But if I'm off a bit, that won't change much. Maybe the drop will be 7%. The point is, it's a big drop! And it will hurt the economy in a big way.

The GOP plan would cap government spending at 18% of GDP.
That's 18% of what the federal vampires suck from the necks of the productive in this country, not anything that they themselves produce.

Don't be stupid.

Except of course, that that is how much we are currently borrowing and injecting into the economy.

National debt and all. Maybe you've heard of it?

Hate to break it to you, but debt isn't a product...Unless, of course, you work for the Fed.

Oh, and where do you think all the money that is being injected into the economy comes from, Lucky the goddamn Leprechaun?

Last edited:
The democrats have been scared to death to pass a budget simply to avoid criticism.

And this applies to the GOP plan, how?

Quote and/or read the rest of my post, stupid. Or just the duck issue, like the democrats have done with the budget for two years......

Ok.

They waited for Republicans to do it so they and faggots like you and your ilk can whine about the Republican plan. You're either too dumb or too partisan to see that, not a good thing either way......

So, your opinion, is the Dems didn't pass a budget so that when the GOP presented a plan we could all complain about it. And due to this, it forced the GOP to put forward a plan that would shrink the economy by about 8%.

Wow. Dude. Wow.

None of which has anything to do with the fact that the feds produce nothing of added value -y'know the "P" in GDP- for the overall economy.

Capping the excessive federal burden on the productive sector of the economy at 18%, while an extremely timid step, would be a good start.

Moreover, at least it's a plan...Which is more than you can say for the popcorn fart that Boiking and the demagoguecrats have offered.

Last edited:
Capping the excessive federal burden on the productive sector of the economy at 18%, while an extremely timid step, would be a good start.

3 pages in and you finally put forth an opinion on the topic of the thread. Well done. :clap2:

Now, perhaps you would care to explain how a 7-8% drop in GDP would be a "good start". And also, a "good start" toward what end?

So again I ask where is Obama's leadership where is his Plan or for that matter the Dem's Plan? its been several years now since this nation had a budget where is the leadership in making sure this nation can operate?

You will just do anything to avoid discussing the GOP plan, won't you? Or for that matter, the fact that the GOP is planning on voting on something that has no hope of passing in the Senate, since the votes won't be there. Odd how they do that, but then storm out of meetings when a Democrat idea is floated that might not have the votes in the House.

Double standard anyone?

If the Republican plan won't pass in the Senate, why discuss it?

You know it won't but they do have a plan.

Anyone seen the Dems plan?? Oh wait. I forgot. They ain't got one.

Carry on.

If the Republican plan won't pass in the Senate, why discuss it?

Well, partly because Boehner and Cantor have been saying that any plan that doesn't have votes in the House is a non-starter. Yet, they then put forward a plan that doesn't have votes in the Senate. Why? Seems like a waste of time.

But also, looking at the plan and looking at the Ryan "plan", I think it tells you a lot about the goals of the current GOP leadership. Goals, that I think, are not supportive of the vast majority of American people. Honestly, I would love to see someone explain how this most recent GOP "plan" helps the country! I find it amazing no one is even trying to do that.

3 pages in and you finally put forth an opinion on the topic of the thread. Well done. :clap2:

Now, perhaps you would care to explain how a 7-8% drop in GDP would be a "good start". And also, a "good start" toward what end?

You apparently don't know the difference between the debt and the deficit and now you don't know the difference between capping SPENDING to 18% of the GDP and the GDP.

Of course STUPID is your last name.

Forum List

Back