Boehner and the GOP "Debt Plan"

It doesn't work by alchemy

Correct. It works by basic addition and subtraction.

Which must be the part that's confusing you.
Right....And you don't get to add to gubmint "product" without subtracting form those who actually produce...Which is exactly how it works, as politicians, bureaucrats and their hangers-on produce nothing, in and of themselves, to begin with.

Which is most certainly the part that you're flat-out ignoring.

Right....And you don't get to add to gubmint "product" without subtracting form those who actually produce...Which is exactly how it works, as politicians, bureaucrats and their hangers-on produce nothing, in and of themselves, to begin with.

politicians, bureaucrats and their hangers-on produce the government you constantly harp about. :lol:

so you say you are harping about 'nothing'?:eusa_shhh:

politicians, bureaucrats and their hangers-on produce the government you constantly harp about. :lol:
And they "produce" about 90% too much of their "product", dickweed....Anybody in the private sector did that and they'd go out of business, rather than blaming the customer for being too stingy.

Which is the root of the problem.

Last edited:

Explain to all of us, how the Government borrowing $500B from Canada, and spending that money in this country, takes away from "those who actually produce".

Except, no.

As I have stated, paying down the debt is NOT a priority right now and should not be one either. Growing the economy should be the priority and the GOP plan won't do that. It will actually SHRINK the economy by at least 8%!

Not doing anything would be a better plan!

We part ways here. We do need to put the budget on track and can't sustain the current level of deficit spending. We also have to reform Medicare and Medicaid.

But it will cause some increase in taxes to accomplish...

The problem with the economy is off-shoring and government spending won't address the off-shoring problem. Revenue nuetral changes in the tax code could have positive impact but spending while the jobs go off-shore just generates more funds going to China and Singapore.

too many of you will focus where you are directed by the media. how come no one knows why the debt exists? why this money has to be borrowed? it never used to need to be, America was an industrial power making money not needing money. So why the change? well for 30+ years Americas industry has been dismantled and sold to other nations. yes the same nations who lend you your debt. You see the real problem is that the funds that support your services any services from hospitals to police, roads ect were created by wealth from the industries. The debt was money borrowed and never meant to be paid back to allow for the people not to notice the industry was leaving. Would you buy American made if you saw your hospitals and schools close because you hadn't? Damn right you would so to prevent this money was borrowed so they could complete their treason of dismantling the American industry and now that they are nearly completely finished removing it they have no more reason to continue lending monies.
no industry means no wealth, no government (not like ours now anyways) no stores, no police or army (except private ones funded by those that created this treason) That is your future so buck up and enjoy the ride....and please for the love of God open your eyes. I mean propaganda telling you that your kids deserved better lives and education so they didn't have to work in factories mixed with anti union retric and thats all it took to allow for you all to endorse the dismantling of America. Shame on you all for being so easy to mislead.

Oh and yes you are presently being conditioned to hate your government for the upcoming hardships. This is to condition you into rejecting them and endorsing your new power figures/monarchy that will divide the USA and Canada for their own purposes. What is a monarchy? it is the family of war lords. It will be war lords that will offer you safety and food in exchange for your service.
Dont think that you will endorse your lack of freedom? well seeing how easy it is to convince people all you add is starvation a quick race war and there you go. You will gladly accept safety and food for your family and be happy for it.

Last edited:
You know it won't but they do have a plan.

Anyone seen the Dems plan?? Oh wait. I forgot. They ain't got one.

Carry on.

Already addressed. Having no plan is actually better than a plan that shrinks the economy.

Just what do you think raising taxes on anyone making 250,000 and over will do to the economy???

Loads of those people own businesses. Provide jobs and pay taxes.

It will put revenues into the government so we can pay our bills and plan for emergencies.

5-26-11tax-f2.jpg

5-26-11tax-f3.jpg

All this at the same time when the income for the top percentiles is soaring.

tax_cuts2.png

We part ways here. We do need to put the budget on track and can't sustain the current level of deficit spending. We also have to reform Medicare and Medicaid.

But it will cause some increase in taxes to accomplish...

The problem with the economy is off-shoring and government spending won't address the off-shoring problem. Revenue nuetral changes in the tax code could have positive impact but spending while the jobs go off-shore just generates more funds going to China and Singapore.

I don't think we differ that much. I agree we need to make some changes in Medicare/Medicaid and tweak SS, and those should be done sooner rather than later, but not right now. Not right this second.

What really surprises me about this whole issue is the GOP's complete lack of interest in job creation. If there were millions more jobs, people would be off government assistance, which would lower spending, and they would generate income and pay taxes, which would raise tax revenue. All in all, lowering the deficit. It seems like such a no brainer to focus on that.

I don't think we differ that much. I agree we need to make some changes in Medicare/Medicaid and tweak SS, and those should be done sooner rather than later, but not right now. Not right this second.

What really surprises me about this whole issue is the GOP's complete lack of interest in job creation. If there were millions more jobs, people would be off government assistance, which would lower spending, and they would generate income and pay taxes, which would raise tax revenue. All in all, lowering the deficit. It seems like such a no brainer to focus on that.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Terrific post. I'm not surprised that the GOP has been able to pull the wool over some eyes, but it just seems so simple to me.

You are so right, when people are working spending is lower and revenues are up. Do you think that's why the GOP hasn't proposed any kind of jobs bill?

Forum List

Back