Bob Barr Throws Hat in Ring as Libertarian

Discussion in 'Congress' started by William Joyce, May 12, 2008.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Doesn't RP have this covered?

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/?gclid=CO-5j8WtopMCFQMUGgod-k0ooA

And how come sotto voce pro-white candidates are flocking to libertarianism? Maybe it's because the "conservatism", such as it is, of the establishment GOP, is such an inverted parody of itself that it's useless to try saving.

2. Laine

Laine Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    There has been speculation for months now about Barr's potential bid, he even formed his own exploratory committee so this news doesn't exactly come as news. I would say despite Barr seeking the nomination that with Gravel also seeking the nomination that the image of their party could finally become more well rounded.

3. Dogger

Dogger Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Finally. A Republican I can donate money to! :cool:

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    gotta hand it to WJ, though.. he thinks all the white supremacists are going to vote for Barr.

I'm okay with that.

5. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Barr and Paul should have a Libertarian primary. We need some new elections to stress over.

6. Gungnir

Gungnir Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    It is funny how there is such a dichotomy between libertarianism and fascism in the Movement.

7. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    The trickier one is, who are the Jewish supremacists going to vote for? McCain's better on Israel, but Obama helps push whitey out of the picture. And Hillary hugged Arafat's wife. Oy gevalt!

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    I don't think oy gevalt suits you well.

Perhaps Achtung! and Arbeit Mach Frei, are more your speed.

9. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I’m a little bit poisoned against Barr. I recall when we went after Clinton. I remember thinking that there was probably something phony and hypocritical about him. My dad taught me that quite often the guilty dog barks the loudest. There was just something about him. Finally Larry Flynt put him in his place with the Flynt Report.

For more detailed information see:

http://everything2.com/node/1318357

Recall that Barr was trying to get the President removed because the President lied about having sex with "that woman, Monica Lewinsky". According to dirt dredged up by Flynt, however, Barr:
    Divorced his first wife; Divorced his second wife; though a rabid pro-lifer, Barr paid for his second wife to have an abortion in 1983, then lied about it in deposition testimony in his divorce; Had an affair with his future third wife while still married to his second wife (Christians call this "adultery". And talk about cojones: Barr instructed his second wife, who was his secretary, to arrange meetings with soon-to-be third wife!); Was sued multiple times for failure to pay child support for children of previous marriage; keynote speaker at the Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC: a white supremacist organization); received undisclosed campaign contributions, then deliberately concealed the source of the funds in violation of federal election laws; Was photographed in 1992 licking whipped cream off the naked breasts of two women

By the way, hypocrite Bob Barr lied to the courts as well. See these two sites.

http://www.zpub.com/un/wanted-barr.html

http://www.tylwythteg.com/enemies/Barr/barr1.html

I’d almost trust Bill Clinton more than I would trust Barr. Pompous self-righteous hypocritical indignation is just a major pet peeve of mine.

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,421
    Barr did not go after Clinton for the blowjob, or the lie. He introduced articles of impeachment MONTHS before the Lewinsky scandal even broke. I believe it was due to alleged obstruction of investigations into Clinton campaign fundraising from China.