The Change You Deserve

Discussion in 'Congress' started by ScreamingEagle, May 13, 2008.

1. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    The stupid party strikes again: “The Change You Deserve”
    By Michelle Malkin
    May 13, 2008

Oh, dear Lord. The hapless Republican establishment has gone and made a public embarrassment of itself again. Can your hearts take much more of this?

Mine can’t:

Conservatives have spent the entire campaign season eviscerating Democrat candidates who’ve tattooed themselves with the empty “change” slogan. So what do the brain-dead strategists and p.r. market wizards of the GOP go and do?

Wrap themselves in “change.”

What about self-preservation? What about sovereignty? What about consistent adherence to constitutional principles?

Nope. We get more insipid “change.”

The crack research staff at GOP HQ somehow missed that “Change You Deserve” is the marketing slogan for Effexor, an anti-depressant.

Brilliant.

The GOP lemmings deserve everything they’re going to get in November.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/13/the-stupid-party-strikes-again-the-change-you-deserve/

2. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I love that they stole it from an anti depressant add. Plus the word "deserve" seems like a nice authoritarian touch.:razz:

These peep holes must live in a different world than the rest of US.

3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    Change you deserve :rofl:

You better be good, you better not shout, you better not pout.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Look. Conservatism is practically dead. McCain knows it. Otherwise he would still be battling Huckabee and Romney. There is no need for him to answer to conservatives. It may even be risky to do so as moderate Democrats, scared of the Hillary and Obama, may vote for him unless he moves to the right. I sometimes listen to Savage. He is funny (particularly when he doesn’t intend to be). He says that McCain better talk to conservatives or he will lose their votes. Uh. If conservatives don’t vote for McCain because he is not conservative enough, they are simply helping Hillary and Obama. Accept what little you have in McCain, hold your nose, and vote for him - or you will end up with much much less.

5. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    Someone came up with a much better slogan:

“Do You Want Change Or Dollars Left In your Pocket?”

Conservatism is not dead....

6. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Wake up to reality. Where are the conservatives? They are not in the Republican Party. They certainly are not in the Democrat Party. The other parties are far less popular. The conservatives are simply not popular. Their days are gone. The proof is right there in front of you. Show me a popular conservative?

7. ScreamingEagle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    They're right under your nose...

Many social conservatives voted for Mike Huckabee.
    Many economic conservatives voted for Mitt Romney.

8. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Why are they not still in the race? When one dropped out, the conservatives could have gotten together and voted for the other.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    They aren't really going to go with that slogan, are they?

Good grief, it sounds like a threat!

Can anybody make big bucks thinking up that sort of stuff? Because if so, I'm moving to DC....

10. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I don't think conservativism is dead at all. I think that, much like the peta-tree hugging-pink lunger-nanny state liberals that sour public opinion on liberalism, that the right has taken a beating from the last 8 years of hindsight fiascos and fruitless guarantees. I'm sure I saw dems voting for the iraq war in much the same light as you see republican hopping on the change bandwagon.

Perhaps it's time, like boortz would say, for conservatives to shed the bible junky vote and fragment into creating a more significant libertarian party. Ron Paul was quite popular and if he jumped ship perhaps there would be actual conservatives worth listening to beyond the bullshit you are offered as of late. Fiscal conservatives without the morality bullshit just might sell.

Trust me, i fest the EXACT same way about the code pinks, and gun haters, property rights deniers, lactivists and the other residual 60s burnouts who are having a deja vu acid flashback of their relevance from yesteryear. I have no problem separating my own liberalism from cookie cutter lefties who've read the motorcycle diaries for the first time. Who thinks having a beat up (HA!) folded paperback copy of On The Road alleviates having to realize that kerouac wasn't a hippy by far.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2