Boardwalk Empire

i think the characters are interesting...nucky...chalky.....jimmy.....the widow woman.....last night moved the character development along

i think the characters are interesting...nucky...chalky.....jimmy.....the widow woman.....last night moved the character development along

So were you shocked with Nucky sleeping with the Widow Schroeder??

Nobody saw that one coming

I've watched the first two episodes. Most of the characters are not particularly appealing - but the sets and ambiance are very well done. The only way this thing can pay off is if Nucky gets it in the end.

Nice to see Steve Buscemi get the central starring role - he's a fine actor (and his delivery of this line in Con Air is one of my all time favs: "Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash." )

("Define irony. Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash." )

classic ,simply classic.

sometimes knowledge is a bummer...the way have portrayed rothstien and lucky , well theres is very little factual or close to their real; characters, most especially when it comes to Luciano, at all....

no i was not shocked...but the scene was kinda weird...the whole scene left me laughing...the slow screw up against the wall seems like a good idea till one trys to pull it off...he is taller than she and his legs going back kinda reminded me of icabod crane....

i beg to defer....she got all dolled up ....and he would not see her...then she reports the beer to the fbi or whatever they are....it was the perfect set up

I was that one coming from the very first episode.

Nucky is drawn to her because she is the only person who thinks he's a decent guy. Of course, she'll end up being either corrupted by him (note she already stole from her employer), or incredibly disillusioned.

Likely both.

I'm beginning to feel about this show the way I did about the Sopranos when I stopped watching it - soiled.

i beg to defer....she got all dolled up ....and he would not see her...then she reports the beer to the fbi or whatever they are....it was the perfect set up

I was being sarcastic

It was obvious since he had her husband knocked off

Nucky is drawn to her because she is the only person who thinks he's a decent guy. Of course, she'll end up being either corrupted by him (note she already stole from her employer), or incredibly disillusioned.

Likely both.

I'm beginning to feel about this show the way I did about the Sopranos when I stopped watching it - soiled.

I'm with you on this..

Other than the Widow Schroeder, there are no characters you can feel empathy with

Who is going to get all weepy eyed if something happens to Al Capone?

After much hype, I sat down to watch Boardwalk Empire with some anticipation. Supposed to be the next Sopranos

While the roaring 20s feel and settings of the show were very well done, the whole thing seemed pretty stale. I know it is the first show and I need to allow for some character development but I expected more of a bang.

I'll give it three more weeks to see if it is worth my time

Are you serious? This show rocks, I am not ready to say its better than The Wire or Rome, but its damn good! The Al Capone character is stealing the show!

Likely both.

I'm with you on this..

Other than the Widow Schroeder, there are no characters you can feel empathy with

Who is going to get all weepy eyed if something happens to Al Capone?

I want to see some hooker off him after chopping off his balls.

it is not better than the wire...sorry....

Not sure if any show will ever be better than the wire. I thought every season was great (although the last one got a little too unbelievable and too hollywood - A guy jumping about 5-6 stories and walking away). Great characters, great stories, great concept and just a great show!

Most dramas have most of the characters be relatively decent and mix in a few bad guys to torment the main characters. You then root for your favorite characters as they fight whatever evil befalls them

Boardwalk has 80% of its characters being unlikeable with only a few that you actually care if something happens to them

Forum List

Back