Boardwalk Empire

Nucky is drawn to her because she is the only person who thinks he's a decent guy.
I think he likes her because she is more intelligent, refined and socially graceful than the kind of woman he's becoming tired of, i.e., the ditzy whore he's living with. But I wonder how that conflict will end.

Of course, she'll end up being either corrupted by him (note she already stole from her employer), or incredibly disillusioned.
I agree with that observation. Impulsively pilfering the dress does show that she's corruptible and her actions show her to be calculating, willful and vindictive. So my guess is Nucky will soon be wishing he was back with the ditzy whore.

I'm beginning to feel about this show the way I did about the Sopranos when I stopped watching it - soiled.
At what point did you stop watching the Sopranos?

I've recently seen two really good movies:

One is Young Victoria, which is an exceptionally well made romantic pocket bio of the young Victoria and her marriage to Prince Albert. The cast and the acting is excellent, the sets and costumes are perfect, the story is well told and the music treatment during the closing credits is very unique. Typical Martin Scorcese. That man is a true artist. He knows how to make a movie.

The other good movie is The Door In The Floor. This is at once a light but very deep psychological study with a great cast and some really good acting by Jeff Bridges, Kim Basinger and the cutest little girl I've ever seen. It's about the life of a financially successful writer with an extremely self-indulgent though bohemian disposition and its effect on the people in his life. The story grabs you right away and holds on tightly 'til the end.

frankly boardwalk is losing me. Asdie from the kid whos pulling a johnny depp ala jack the ripper now, the kid, I don't give a hoot for any of the characters, at all. and the last close were hes screwing the hot young virginal tea totter was so predictable yet so inane.....what can I say..... Buscemi (sp) is now beginning to look like hes sleep walking his way tru this. to bad.

My husband has gotten bored with it already. He also says it's predictable. I'm not happy with the gratuitous violence. Every time Al Capone appears, I fast forward.

last night was excellent....jimmy and capone shooting the other guys.....nucky get her a flat with the rest of the ho's and then stands her up....i love the show...it is dark but its still interesting.....cant all be sound of music

last night was excellent....jimmy and capone shooting the other guys.....nucky get her a flat with the rest of the ho's and then stands her up....i love the show...it is dark but its still interesting.....cant all be sound of music

Whoa now!!! :eusa_hand: They are not Ho's!! They are "concubines!!!

I am enjoying the show too....it is getting better and better. The opening music is starting to grow on me too :up:

one thing i love about steve buscimi....he knows he is gonna do a nude scene and did nothing to prepare for it....he could use a little sun...a wee bit of toning.. but that would be out of his nature

Not sure I can tolerate another Jimmy Buscemi Sex scene...Have they no decency? At last, have they no decency?

The Cat woman lady was a little insane and that's usually OK, but what the fuck is the fucking point?

I really liked last night. Poor Mrs. Schroeder.. :razz:

Jimmy and Capone make me nervous when they're alone together. I keep feeling like there will be bloodshed.

last night was excellent....jimmy and capone shooting the other guys
Yes! That was a very satisfying scene. I was really pissed off at the guy who took Darmody's boot knife away. He got what his hand called for.

nucky get her a flat with the rest of the ho's and then stands her up
Now this situation is going somewhere important but I'm not sure where. If her past behavior is an indication of the future it might become necessary for Nucky to have her killed, which I won't like, nor would Nucky like it. But the Schroeder woman has shown herself to be potentially very willful and troublesome. So far it doesn't look like she knows she's playing with fire.

I'm sure the weird, self-flagellating federal cop will play a pivotal part in that situation. He is truly a hateful character.

i love the show...it is dark but its still interesting.....cant all be sound of music
Overall, the series is getting good. So far I like it.

Last edited:
I'm not happy with the gratuitous violence. Every time Al Capone appears, I fast forward.
The Capone-style violence is rather gratuitous and the Capone character seems a bit sadistic, which is in keeping with reports on the nature of the real Al Capone. But the Jimmy Darmody character seems comparatively rational and decent. He is efficiently violent when necessary - and appropriate. I'm hoping to see him catch up with the guy who cut the girl's face and pay him in equal coin, plus a little extra.

I'm hoping that's why the trench knife is being played up.

Can't beat last nights episode..

Gratuitous nudity and sex mixed with unrestrained violence
Throw in self flagillation and you have a hit

What more does HBO need?

Last edited:

Can't beat last nights episode..

Gratuitous nudity and sex mixed with unrestrained violence
Throw in self flagillation and you have a hit

What more does HBO need?

:lol: I forgot about him..

I was thoroughly disappointed with the unnecessarily intricate and unrealistic way Darmody had the guy who cut that girl's face killed. It was almost merciful. I was hoping to see that fellow suffer -- a lot. What he did was really cruel.

It seems Jimmy Darmody is moving up, which could be bad for him in terms of exposure. I hope not because I like that character.

Mrs. Schroeder is moving up, too. Which could be bad for her, too. I have the impression that she soon will be squeezing Nucky's balls, which should be interesting.

It's turning out to be an entertaining series. I like it so far.

At what point did you stop watching the Sopranos?
For me personally, I watched Sopranos until the end hoping it would start getting better. But I was very dissatisfied with with the last few seasons. They flirted with a Godfather style gang war too long and never delivered! Not even on the last season!

Also even before the screen went black it was by far the worst ending ever! It was horrible!

last night really shocked me.....i think the series is great....i loved jimmys g/f's reaction to him coming home ....mrs schroder is starting to use her 'powers'

is it just me....or does the nelson character seem to have the face of dorian gray...his face seems to be getting worse

last night really shocked me.....i think the series is great....i loved jimmys g/f's reaction to him coming home ....mrs schroder is starting to use her 'powers'

is it just me....or does the nelson character seem to have the face of dorian gray...his face seems to be getting worse

I think Jimmy is the best character on the show. Nelson's character is great, he is the good bad guy and a total nutcase!

You might have aged yourself Bones, who is Dorian Gray?:eek:

Forum List

Back