Bluray DVDs won't play

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
I got some Bluray DVDS from Amazon for somebody but they will not play on his Blueray player. No error message, nothing happens. I'm thinking it's a region issue? Do I need to get a Bluray player that will play all regions? Or replace the DVDs with ones that are for all regions? I think Amazon was less than honest about this DVD set.

N.america is Region A I believe, all other regions are elsewhere so maybe it shows on the package or.DVD itself. Also, is it a burnt disk or authentic? There used to be many such scammers. Try them on.another player see if.it receives.the same result as it may be that he has player that isn't current or has old software. That's all I have.

I got some Bluray DVDS from Amazon for somebody but they will not play on his Blueray player. No error message, nothing happens. I'm thinking it's a region issue? Do I need to get a Bluray player that will play all regions? Or replace the DVDs with ones that are for all regions? I think Amazon was less than honest about this DVD set.

There's no such thing as a “Bluray DVD”. A disc can be a DVD or it can be a Bluray, but not both.

Check it in a computer with Blu-ray capability, click on the info button and it will tell you the region as well as the format method.
Alternately find a friend with a brand new player and try it there.

You have to REALLY pay attention to the "fine print" and the stuff they DON'T tell you about the shit they sell on Amazon.
A lot of those video disks are fakes, not the real thing from the production company.

As a lot of them will play, there is usually one or two disks that are corrupted, or were never burned or formatted to begin with.
I had that happen to me. Luckily I got my money back.

Was it shipped and sold by Amazon? If so and came sealed and happening on multiple discs then the player is bad.

Were they NOT shipped and sold by Amazon? Then the discs are either fakes or the wrong region coding. Like you can't play a region A disc on B region a player.

Take pics of the case and both sides of the disc and I can probably tell you if they are fakes

i think you might have gotten scammed by a third party seller. try contacting Amazon about this problem.

As others have said you need to be careful about stuff bought online and on Amazon. Reading reviews others have posted about the product or seller helps sometimes.

Personally I usually stream most things anymore.

Forum List

Back